Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server Locations - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server Locations

13»

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DamienSB said: What provider will you use? Most in Columbus are quite costy. Unless you're going to get a full rack of colocation space - don't bother. Even with a full rack of space most providers here will not give you a good price on bandwidth. A provider here (about a year ago) quoted me about 3,000$ for a 50mbps port and a /26 of ip space

The IP's are reasonably expensive but that's fine for me. I don't want to share the exact price of everything. However, the bandwidth looks to be 5000GB.

Datacenter will be XLHost, in Colombus. Apart from the IP's, prices I'm getting are great.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dominicl said: It's not, but I wanted to get their opinions :) If I set up OpenVZ, and then nobody wanted OpenVZ in Colombus, then that wouldn't be good either. I want to get peoples opinions first, and then will decide based on that and a few other factors.

That sounds a lot more sensible to me than what you said initially - if you'd have posted that instead of 'Whatever gets the most votes will happen', I'd probably not have mentioned it. Thanks for answering my questions.

@Nekki said: That sounds a lot more sensible to me than what you said initially - if you'd have posted that instead of 'Whatever gets the most votes will happen', I'd probably not have mentioned it. Thanks for answering my questions.

Yeah, shouldn't have worded it like that. I totally understand where you're coming from. I've edited my post :-)

• Domdom, do you live in ohio?

@DamienSB said: Domdom, do you live in ohio?

Nope, why do you ask?

• @dominicl said: Nope, why do you ask?

Just wondering why you picked Columbus. Seems random to someone who doesnt live there.

@DamienSB said: Just wondering why you picked Columbus. Seems random to someone who doesnt live there.

I'm not colocating so doesn't matter about where I live to be honest! I contacted quite a few providers and received a great deal from XLHost in Colombus. They came out best. They've got a good network as well by the tests/checks that I've done.

• Sounds like this is turning into a big ball of disaster. You're earlier claims are being swept aside because of a 'great deal'

@Voss said: Is Columbus a location you see potential clients flocking to? I ask because it seems like you simply picked a location because there wouldn't be much competition from other providers.

That's not the only factor. Obviously, I considered other factors such as the network blend, etc. I've done a lot of research. I didn't just go on a random website, contact them, and say "yep I'm doing this".

@ShardHost said: Sounds like this is turning into a big ball of disaster. You're earlier claims are being swept aside because of a 'great deal'

I'm still not going to be jumping in at the deep end. Jumping in at the deep end would be getting something that I couldn't sustain and keep going. Therefore, my claims still stand. I am not jumping in at the deep end and I can easily sustain this which is why I'm doing it.

If I couldn't sustain it, it would be different. However, I can.

• jhjh Member

@dominicl said: I've done a lot of research.

Do you actually know how to manage OpenVZ/KVM or Xen without clicking buttons in SolusVM?

@jhadley said: Do you actually know how to manage OpenVZ/KVM or Xen without clicking buttons in SolusVM?

Yes, I do...I've used OpenVZ without SolusVM in the past :) So definitely

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2013

@dominicl said: Yes, I do...I've used OpenVZ without SolusVM in the past :) So definitely

Ok, well that's something. Since you only know how to manage OpenVZ you don't have a choice on which one to use. Question answered. Not sure why you were considering anything else...

@jhadley: Yeah, the main one I know is ovz. I don't have much experience with kvm and xen

• I've been doing some research and I require a west coast dedicated server location.

Leased or Colo? Monthly budget? Have you checked the offers section?

edit: oh, green forum background not blue, Columbus not West Coast,...ignore this post :P

• In Phoenix, the best dedicated provider with a rock solid network I know of is Codero. Don't go by their 'published' prices though. Chatting or talking with a sales person will get you a much better deal.

• Mind telling which data center and what kind of deal thanks

@NodePing said: In Phoenix, the best dedicated provider with a rock solid network I know of is Codero.

Thanks, will take a look at them. I'm going with Colombus for VPS though.

@Sonwebhost said: Mind telling which data center and what kind of deal thanks

PM me if you must know.

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl - You already have a WHMCS license?