Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring overnight support tech! Longview Texas USA - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring overnight support tech! Longview Texas USA

Comments

• @teohkay said: I have to agree. 12 hours isn't easy.

Not when you get paid 25$/hour + Overtime after 8th hour ;)

• @seriesn said: Not when you get paid 25$/hour + Overtime after 8th hour ;)

@seriesn
    Hehe... Its ticket based payment, not hourly AFAIK.

Anyhow atleast $10/day + ticket based payment would be slightly more lucrative.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited April 2013

USD 1 = MYR 3, that cost for 1 meal. :D

• $1 per ticket? I'll be avoiding this company.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm said: Once your health is ruined from staying up all night and the doctor bills

You are making 2 assumptions.

1. "staying up all night" - not everyone lives in the same timezone

2. "doctor bills" sorry i don't even know that that is. When i go to a doctor there is no bill for me.

But we are derailing @Corey's thread...

• udkudk Member

@JoeMerit said: $1 per ticket? I'll be avoiding this company.

This could be a nice little earner (for someone needing some easy cash) if there's enough tickets coming in, which I imagine there would be for him to even offer such a position. It doesn't take a lot of time to answer an average ticket.

• Actually a ticket can be for something like "How to reinstall OS" or "When is the due date for payment" or "how to __some simple thing_" for this $1/ ticket is too much to be paid for, anyone with little knowledge can do it and it can be some very technical/ serious thing, then $1/ticket would be less.

Also an imp. note $1 is not fixed.

• @MikeIn said: Anyhow atleast $10/day + ticket based payment would be slightly more lucrative.

I've posted similar suggestion on the other thread

@bigcat said: You can sweeten the deal by giving guaranteed perk. For example, give $10/day regardless of number of ticket, on top of your current offer.

So far, @Corey is not amused ;)

btw, India minimum wage is 3-6 USD/day. This offer might be not that bad for someone's there

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited April 2013

Something everyone can enjoy:

• @MikeIn said: Actually a ticket can be for something like "How to reinstall OS" or "When is the due date for payment" or "how to __some simple thing_" for this $1/ ticket is too much to be paid for, anyone with little knowledge can do it and it can be some very technical/ serious thing, then $1/ticket would be less.

Also an imp. note $1 is not fixed.

This is not an ideal option for a native english speaker where a decent cup of coffee costs close to 5$.

• @bigcat I wrote it in reference to your only...

Also $3-6/ day is for unskilled labours... Its not for unskilled ones..

• marcmmarcm Member

@MikeIn - All joking aside, if you treat the people who work for you poorly then they will run your business into the ground. If you overcompensate them then they'll become complacent. The key is to find the right balance compensation / work load / employee satisfaction.

• BK_BK_ Member

$1 per ticket is pretty much on par with most support contracts. /speaking from experience.

• @BK_ said: $1 per ticket is pretty much on par with most support contracts. /speaking from experience.

Where?

• Fyi, in some countries bilingual skilled labors who are specialized in level 1 and level 2 service desk tasks are only paid between USD200-USD300.

There is a saying "You pay peanuts, you get monkeys" that's why some of my colleagues at work start evolving to become monkeys.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited April 2013

I think, one good way would be to create video and article for 25 most common problems. About 70% problem solved, sepnd few 100 $ or do it yourself or find some pre made ones...
    For next 10-15-20% tickets, google can be useful too.
    For remaing 5-15% there is a need to get some/a good support staff, which is not very regular..

Also $10-20/day for 6-8 hrs work, would be good, like India, even I would be interested ;) as it will allow you to do other works as well. But 12 hrs/ day you certainly need to pay premium money...

Now this can be the general rule of thumb.

Now say you have 500 customer, in normal condition you wont recieve more than 25 tickets/ day approx.
    And this ratio will remain same or will decrease in case of mor customer. In a normal day....

Many other thing, depends upon person to person...

Also I am not a provider, its my general assumption.

@marcm

M.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

So since you guys are saying "LOL IM TOO SELFIMPORTANT FOR THAT AMOUNT OF PAY" or "LOL THIS COMPANY IS STUPID BECAUSE THE PAY ISNT $11290310 PER TICKET".... what's the proper amount?

• marcmmarcm Member

@Damian - The company isn't stupid for paying little money, but it my attract the wrong person. A couple of bad replies will run a company into the ground these days. Couple that with the fact that every incentive scheme can be compromised (paying for labor is also an incentive scheme) and in no time someone smart enough will figure out how to generate more tickets out of your customers. Paying per hour and stipulating that the employee has to answer all the tickets that come in during their shift is a much better incentive scheme. Just my two cents of course.

• @Damian said: what's the proper amount?

Depends on my locality I guess? In the states, a full time job that pays less than 1200/mo is not worthy. But if you are looking at 3rd world country, I guess 2-500/mo is enough?

Also per ticket jobs are not much fun for individuals since you are expected to be available for certain period of time and what if you only receive 1 or 2 tickets during that whole 12 hour timeframe? Don't you think that outsourcing it to some call center would be a better option?

• marcmmarcm Member

@NHRoel - what would be the profit margins anyway?

• @marcm said: what would be the profit margins anyway?

Can't disclose publicly. If interested, pm me :)

• I think he may get better results that it's not a full time job, and instead is a supplement to an income for someone that would already be up and available during that time period anyway.

• @Damian said : I think he may get better results that it's not a full time job, and instead is a supplement to an income for someone that would already be up and available during that time period anyway.

I agree to that.

@NHRoel said : I guess 2-500/mo is enough?

As supplemental income it is.

• jhjh Member

@Damian said: what's the proper amount?

I do a few escalated tickets on a helpdesk for about $200/month. I wouldn't do it for any less and I wouldn't do it if the hours/workload didn't suit me :)

• @Damian actually I don't think $1 is too less if its in bulk.
    Also its not correct that a $1 good will always be worst than a $5 stuff. Depends upon various factors.

Such as a person can be more satisfied to get a service for $5 and not when he spend $50.

$1 can be a good amount for someone and very very low for some one else, based on person to person.

Also I will try not to divert this thread anymore.
    Sorry...

• @Corey Please accept my apology if I'm getting off topic in your thread, but I believe in the end, it is you and the person who is willing take the job for the price you offer who will make it happen. :)

• krokro Member

Eat organics, err NORMAL FOOD equals no doco's

• @seriesn said: Not when you get paid 25$/hour + Overtime after 8th hour ;)

Can't imagine working for that anymore. Makes me feel young again.

• CoreyCorey Member

Yes I found someone and I'm not paying per ticket. They do a very good job.

We are very flexible with availability - if you aren't there at exactly 9AM or you have to leave early we don't complain..... This is to supplement someones income that is already there during these hours doing something else. This is not meant to be a full time gig as the volume isn't there for it. Thanks for all the rude comments as I've taken mental note.