Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new VM control panel -- In development. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

new VM control panel -- In development.

Comments

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

mgbhard said: I couldn't care less about the release date, what I care for is communication from them, when something doesn't go as planned, you need to keep your public updated. I've tried reaching them on facebook and email with cero response.

Sorry about the lack of communication from our side, we've been super busy working on getting a release out.

doghouch said: It's like losing your appetite after watching something horrid. I lost my interest for VirtEngine after @DETio spammed his scummy panel all over LET.

That's sad to hear, we hope you will change your mind when you're able to see the platform for your self instead of just taking our word for it - if you're willing to give it a few minutes of your time of-course.

• not to complain but OVZ is... near dead.

Thanked by 3doghouch sin vimalware
  • @William said:
    not to complain but OVZ is... near dead.

My only dedi was an OVH dedi from month ago, until I cancelled it (to save some $$$). I found that deploying development instances/applications was more efficient with ex. Docker than deploying copies on OVZ instances.

Not to mention, if I wanted to play with the kernel, OVZ wasn't a choice.

(Right now, I'm waiting for OVH TO though. 50ms latency within the city will be A LOT better than going a few thousand KMs.)

tl;dr OVZ isn't really that useful unless you're going to let it idle

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:

BharatB said: But thats only sane...

Nah, if you don't believe you should make all of your intellectual property available for free, you're a complete moron programmer whose sole purpose is to write insecure software that the .001% of the population capable of actually modifying it can fix it . . . . on the off-chance they use it.

There's no arguing this, its 100% fact 100% of the time.

So whmcs / solusvm / virtualizor / every licensed & encrypted is crap according to you :) can't help but laugh. How would Nick license his software by making it opensource ?

• BharatB said: So whmcs / solusvm / virtualizor / every licensed & encrypted is crap according to you :) can't help but laugh. How would Nick license his software by making it opensource ?

Decryption is easy. I decrypted SolusVM easily.

• BharatB said: licensed & encrypted

If you just want to hide your source code, there are options like EncloseJS and NExe. But it's going to run MUCH slower.

Another option is to write critical parts in C/C++ and compile it into asm.js with Emscripten. Performance in browser is roughly comparable to native code.

Thanked by 2BharatB vimalware
  • @Foul said:

BharatB said: So whmcs / solusvm / virtualizor / every licensed & encrypted is crap according to you :) can't help but laugh. How would Nick license his software by making it opensource ?

Decryption is easy. I decrypted SolusVM easily.

Not for the everyday user for most of that software. As mentioned before, what Blesta did was acceptable.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @BharatB said:
    So whmcs / solusvm / virtualizor / every licensed & encrypted is crap according to you :)

If you don't agree, you're incompetent, duh! Simply clicking the "encrypt" button immediately makes your software insecure garbage that .001% of the population can't inspect and fix (if they use it, find a problem and then have time/motivation to fix said problem - it's the thought that counts).

@Microlinux said:

No use arguing when point of observation is different ty anyway.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Encryption is shit, since as already said, no one can fix any critical bugs.

Also just google, you find a lot of WHCMS... zips arround the web decrypted.

It dosen't matter if you encrypt or decrypt, your thing will be in the Web sooner or later. But it does matter in the view of the Admin, he can fix bugs himself.

Just add a domain check and a license system, users can report these sites, this can limit this a bit but you can never reach all of these Systems.

Or go OpenSource and Provide Paid Support + Addons.

• @Neoon said:

Yeah but if you add paid addons that means they will be encrypted :P

Thanked by 2BharatB iKeyZ
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Nicholas has showed me the inside of the panel and it looks great and very promising!

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @BharatB said:

@Microlinux said:

No use arguing when point of observation is different ty anyway.

I'm parodying the ridiculous mindset of rabid open source drones.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ

@zafouhar said:

@Neoon said:

Yeah but if you add paid addons that means they will be encrypted :P

I would not encrypt them, you can charge a reasonable fee for it.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Why am I getting the feeling that the majority of you guys don't believe in encryption? For the amount of posts I have gotten about SSL for encryption and security. So we want our messages to be somewhat safe and secure in one context but owners of software don't want their software to be safe and secure in their own context?
    And to think that most people on LET would pay anything near premium for unecrypted software???
    Do you really think 50 dollars a month (far beyond the low end range) is anything near the development cost to develop software???
    Profit from software uses the same logic as vps.. you only make profit when masses buy it..
    If its open sourced... the odds of that dramatically drops.
    And if that wasn't crazy enough, to think that software which takes a whole lot longer to build should be priced on par with the price of a vps which usually takes much less time to set up.

We want people to pay us for services but the ones who are building the platforms shouldn't be compensated.

When does this crazy logic end?

Thanked by 3BharatB iKeyZ Wolf

@risharde said:

Only devs like us know the paid, thank you for venting it out.

Thanked by 2risharde iKeyZ
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Shall we give this thread back to @MSPNick ....

@MSPNick any new screenshots?

• Hi,

A few more updates, mainly cosmetic stuff; but still; a bit more has been done.

http://prntscr.com/d5hfw0
    Admin control functions

http://prntscr.com/d5hgny

Networking tab, will add the network speed accordingly here, so it can be adjusted.

http://prntscr.com/d5hgzn

Some logs

The IP's page has changed cosmetically.

http://prntscr.com/d5hhi9

Just a few updates, still working on this to let it have a bit more functionality.

• @MSPNick said:

Hi, Nick, my ticket #465730 on myserverplanet opened at Oct. 5th has not making any progress eversince but told me to wait and "we're looking into it".
    I also PMed you but there's no response either.
    Is myserverplanet deadpooled?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@fffonion said:

@MSPNick said:

Hi, Nick, my ticket #465730 on myserverplanet opened at Oct. 5th has not making any progress eversince but told me to wait and "we're looking into it".

• @AnthonySmith said:

Any help?

• @fffonion said:

@MSPNick said:

So how can they be deadpooled when they are building a control panel?

My best advise is you update your ticket, i'm sure you'll receive a response and i'm sure there is a reason you haven't received a response yet.

• @zafouhar said:

So how can they be deadpooled when they are building a control panel?

My best advise is you update your ticket, i'm sure you'll receive a response and i'm sure there is a reason you haven't received a response yet.

Well I should add a smile emoji after the last line because I didn't mean by real.
    I have been asking about updates several times and yes they reply me several times saying they are looking into it. Finger crossed. :-/

• I'm all for any new panel in development. That said, this to me looks like a panel being developed "on the fly" without any actual planning done beforehand. Is that the case? If so - would you consider halting development for a day to plan out what it is you are trying to accomplish?

From a development standpoint, the "on the fly"-approach has very little success rate, and I'd really like to see projects like these succeed.

edited November 2016

@fffonion said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Any help?

I dont think you get the Point, Virtwire Deadpooled, which hosted a lot of LES Containers, some could be migrated to MSP.

And now he seem to deadpool also, bad times.

• Just thought I'd give an update to the panel development;

http://prntscr.com/d8m66o
    Pretty cool new buttons

There is a few more but I'll update you as time goes on.

• @MSPNick said:
    Just thought I'd give an update to the panel development;

Pretty cool new buttons

Could you have an enable Fuse button. Also what checks do you perform to ensure that the TUN/TAP kernel module is enabled? Does the installer add it for every boot?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MSPNick said: Pretty cool new buttons

I don't see an enable gre+sit/fuse

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@MSPNick said:
    Just thought I'd give an update to the panel development;

Pretty cool new buttons

Could you have an enable Fuse button. Also what checks do you perform to ensure that the TUN/TAP kernel module is enabled? Does the installer add it for every boot?

Not in there yet, but it's built into the classes to be put in.

@AnthonySmith said:

MSPNick said: Pretty cool new buttons

I don't see an enable gre+sit/fuse

It'll be there!

• MSPNick said: Around the £4/month mark if that helps!

Would be nice if you had a cheaper (or free :P ) plan for personal use (not for commercial services / hosting business) like proxmox!