Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new VM control panel -- In development. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

new VM control panel -- In development.

Comments

• @BharatB said:

@msg7086 said:

@GCat said:

I suppose, but it's fair to say if you know PHP you more than likely know JavaScript...

IMHO, front-end JS and back-end JS only share the JS language and some building tools. The frameworks and libraries are pretty far away from each other?

Well keeping backend in JS has its boons and flaws , im finding it difficult to encrypt my source code, not saying that ioncube / zend is safe in PHP either but not every crook out there is experienced enough to decrypt that.

Why "encrypt" the code?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

how exactly would one license if code is not encrypted @GCat

@MSPNick what's ur model in mind for master - slave

• @BharatB said:
    @MSPNick what's ur model in mind for master - slave

Going through SSH for now, we'll be improving things once we have more of a product.

I have some more updates that I'll finish off the show everyone in a minute.

@MSPNick , before trying to build anything you need to make sure you can setup a environment stack using bash or some installer script. Make sure you're able to deploy a nGINX, php-fpm, MySQL or MariaDB stack out of the box without any errors.

Step 2 would be if you're using laravel make it master and use lumen for slave.

Step 3 encode & license

• @BharatB said:
    @MSPNick , before trying to build anything you need to make sure you can setup a environment stack using bash or some installer script. Make sure you're able to deploy a nGINX, php-fpm, MySQL or MariaDB stack out of the box without any errors.

Step 2 would be if you're using laravel make it master and use lumen for slave.

Step 3 encode & license

Thanks for the suggestion, the installer was one of the first thing's we built before we built the panel

• BharatB said: Step 3 encode & license

i laughed.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited November 2016

VM's now have stats, still a WIP, ram is off and CPU doesn't actually count anything yet.

http://prntscr.com/d2iien

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Well done my friend!
    Proud of your progress!

Disclaimer: I've been talking to Nick regarding this project since the very beginning. Nick is a very devoted guy and has excellent ideas. Would advise you all to follow this project.

• @Zen said:
    Any chances of this going the open source route?

I don't think so, no sorry.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@msg7086 said:

@GCat said:

I suppose, but it's fair to say if you know PHP you more than likely know JavaScript...

IMHO, front-end JS and back-end JS only share the JS language and some building tools. The frameworks and libraries are pretty far away from each other?

Not that far. It's the same language, and by and large you can use the same modules on both sides.

@BharatB said:
    how exactly would one license if code is not encrypted @GCat

How would you license if it is encrypted? Licensing is a legal problem, not a technical one. The correct solution to this (assuming you believe in proprietary software) is legal repercussions for people who don't purchase a license - not adding DRM that only gets in the way for legitimate users and makes it impossible for them to patch stuff.

"Encrypting code" is a terrible fucking idea, and no self-respecting developer should be doing it. No matter the reason.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

@Zen said:
    Any chances of this going the open source route?

We've developed a cloud platform that's opensource which you can use to build a private cloud, https://github.com/VirtEngine - feel free to play around :)

• Latest update is the VM stats page;

http://prntscr.com/d2p58c

please give suggestions!

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@MSPNick looks really nice! What's your ETA for release?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited November 2016

@gleert said:
    @MSPNick looks really nice! What's your ETA for release?

For an openvz panel around december at one point, just got to make sure it's stable and usable.. I dont want to be an exact ETA on it at all. as I am unsure - don't want to promise something and not deliver.

plus we need to add some of the nitty gritty features..

@joepie91

It was the other way round license ( code ) and encrypt, also any sane developer who doesn't want others to steal his work would encrypt. But thats only sane...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Your RAM counters shouldn't be a FLOAT unless you plan to start allocating RAM in 640K blocks in honor of Bill. :P An unsigned int would be ideal.

Francisco

• DETio said: We've developed a cloud platform that's opensource which you can use to build a private cloud, https://github.com/VirtEngine - feel free to play around :)

This made me laugh.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@BharatB said:
    @joepie91

It was the other way round license ( code ) and encrypt, also any sane developer who doesn't want others to steal his work would encrypt. But thats only sane...

I think the way Blesta did it was the most reasonable. Core functions + licensing code is encrypted but the rest is entirely open.

Francisco

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: any sane developer who doesn't want others to steal his work would encrypt.

No, they wouldn't. Encrypting your code does not prevent this, in any way. It only works against legitimate customers who need to patch the code for whatever reason. The idea that encrypting or obfuscating code somehow keeps people from copying it, is completely make-believe. This has never worked, and will never work, because the incentives don't make sense.

Thanked by 2vimalware bugrakoc
  • BharatB said: But thats only sane...

Nah, if you don't believe you should make all of your intellectual property available for free, you're a complete moron programmer whose sole purpose is to write insecure software that the .001% of the population capable of actually modifying it can fix it . . . . on the off-chance they use it.

There's no arguing this, its 100% fact 100% of the time.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

I have seen the inside of the panel and it looks great; will be waiting to see what he comes up with next inside the panel

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2016

@Foul said:

DETio said: We've developed a cloud platform that's opensource which you can use to build a private cloud, https://github.com/VirtEngine - feel free to play around :)

This made me laugh.

At first, I was excited about his panel VirtCrap. Now, I just find him to be a nuisance with his awful marketing tactics.

/ban

• @doghouch said:

At first, I was excited about his panel VirtCrap. Now, I just find him to be a nuisance with his awful marketing tactics.

/ban

Same here, I really hope i'm wrong, but by the way they are handling the project, I can't see it as a serious contender to solus/virtualizor.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2016

@mgbhard said:

@doghouch said:

/ban

Same here, I really hope i'm wrong, but by the way they are handling the project, I can't see it as a serious contender to solus/virtualizor.

At this point, even Virtualizor is better. (and that's something shocking)

EDIT: (this is for @DETio)

• doghouch said: At this point, even Virtualizor is better. (and that's something shocking)

Yeah, Virtengine is complete trash with no proper roadmap. Don't ever see it coming lol Especially with Jon fail marketing.

• I will be showing more screenshots tomorrow and if anyone wants any access to view it please do pm me your Skype so I can setup for you.

Thanked by 2Foul doghouch
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think its perhaps a bit early to be throwing Det.io/VirtEngine under the bus, the first release is only 48 hours late :) lets judge it when it is released.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I think its perhaps a bit early to be throwing Det.io/VirtEngine under the bus, the first release is only 48 hours late :) lets judge it when it is released.

It's like losing your appetite after watching something horrid. I lost my interest for VirtEngine after @DETio spammed his scummy panel all over LET.

• @AnthonySmith said:

I couldn't care less about the release date, what I care for is communication from them, when something doesn't go as planned, you need to keep your public updated. I've tried reaching them on facebook and email with cero response.