Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A letter from curtisg - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A letter from curtisg

124»

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

I couldn't believe how low some people went here over $7, whether it was wrong or right. Messaging someones parents on FB over how stupid you were to believe the offer after several displays of Curtis was shown in his LET activity anyways.

It actually shows how low even some of the respected LET members are, but I guess true colours show eventually after the sweet talk.

• @Patrick I don't take-a-side, but I do believe that now Curtis is a better person for himself and also the community because of that.

• @Noerman said: also the community because of that.

Well... he's no longer going to be here.

• As his parents are possibly liable for his actions I don't think it was a terrible move.

I would have simply contacted the authorities.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@rzlosty said: The amount of dishonesty in the previous thread was overwhelming what gives you the feeling that dropping the "mental illness" card wasnt just another lie?

I can't really answer this question any further without breaching the privacy of the conversation I've had with him. If you're uncertain of whether he is speaking the truth or not, I can only really suggest two options: either trust my judgment, or talk to him yourself.

@rzlosty said: Also what consequences are you speaking of? I didn't see any from the previous threads other than a lot of hate & a few FB messages to his mother? I wouldn't call that particularly serious...

I have made it very clear towards him that his personal information floating around on the internet with information about scams he has pulled off, is not going to work to his advantage in the future. As reinforced by the 'donglegate' incident, having compromising information about yourself on the internet can lead to real problems, even if not of a legal nature.

@Patrick said: I couldn't believe how low some people went here over $7, whether it was wrong or right. Messaging someones parents on FB over how stupid you were to believe the offer after several displays of Curtis was shown in his LET activity anyways.

I can't completely agree with this. The amount of money doesn't really matter - the problem here is the way @curtisg has been behaving, and his apparent willingness to disregard morals in his dealings. If that is not resolved in some way, it will turn far more nasty in the future, than unrealistic $7 VPSes. Additionally, as far as I am aware, the message(s) sent to his mother were normal messages, not 4chan-style troll messages.

That said, I'm currently trying to help him out. There are certain factors that made him decide to take this 'path', and I don't think those factors should have to be a problem. While I find his scamming behaviour absolutely unacceptable (as evidenced by my previous exposure/investigation attempts), that does not mean that he is inherently a bad or evil person.

I'd much rather look at what has triggered these actions and help him solve that, than vilifying him for something he can't undo. "Revenge" rarely ever solves a problem - judge actions, not people.

• @joepie91 said: I'd much rather look at what has triggered these actions and help him solve that, than vilifying him for something he can't undo. "Revenge" rarely ever solves a problem - judge actions, not people.

+1

• @Infinity said: I've been in touch with Connor, Curtis and a few others. It seems only fair to move it to offtopic, so Google at least does not crawl it and affect his future etc. Also we will go through any family info and remove that at a later date. :-)

but it still in General :|