Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A letter from curtisg - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A letter from curtisg

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@blergh_ His parents are his legal guardians and need to make sure that he is supervised if he is putting their family in potential future legal trouble. Plain and simple. It's a courtesy to them, not him.

• @blergh_ said: Of course not, scamming isn't nice (and i never said so either). However his parents can't really do much apart from trying to resolve this immediate need for funds to process refunds.

If contacting his mother has helped/will help people to get their money back, was it such a dick thing to do after all?

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited April 2013

@jarland
    Correct. I am not sure about the age required to sign contracts in the US, but i would assume 18?

@heiska
    I'd still say it's a bad thing, this is simply based upon my own morals and ethics. What would be the bigger issue is how people expect incredible magical deals for a dime, and then turn batshit when they get ripped off.

@Zen Things I wish hadn't slipped past my eyes.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited April 2013

Okay they way I understand this is curtisg has had many accounts here and has scammed in the past. I will admit I do not know Vanilla that well but there should be a way to stop multiple accounts by people. Even if it is requiring people to sign up using a home ip and not a vpn then denying multiple accounts by ip.

The real question I have to ask is why did he feel more comfortable going to HF and hanging out to gain knowledge and not coming here? Did he feel more accepted there then here? Why do people go there and get the education they do instead of learning how to do things the legal way?

Most people go where they feel accepted for who and what they are regardless of what that is at the time. I am not saying what he did was right I am just saying is there a way we might be able to head some of this stuff off before it ever begins is all.

I am not suggesting holding anyone's hand here, nor am I saying that we as a community have done anything wrong, but I know for me it is hard for me to trust people period and I am not a teenager with a disability. I come from a background no one here knows about and I am not going into it with anyone. No it is an illegal background so no worries.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2013

Not going to read LowendLectures here so apologies for my post but I am all in for giving second chance if a person really means it and feels guilty for his "crime". Let he grow up and learn from the past. Our parents did the same for us, can we not do the same for some one else? Even our legal system allows probation.

I quote from a respected book "hate the sin and not the sinner".

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I disagree. It would have been possible to contact the authorities, contacting his parents was the kinder alternative (for him). This is the online equivalence of taking a kid to his parents instead of the cops when it has done something bad.

Yes, but posting THEIR information on a PUBLIC forum.

I'll admit, I was scammed out of $60 within the last year. I posted HIS information online, just enough to scare him. Name, address, telly. However, posting his PARENTS information online would have been morally reprehensible. Even tho I had the kids social security and shit. Putting THAT on public internet would have been morally reprehensible. But name and address, if it's a severe case MAYBE telly... that's where I'd draw the line. But posting more than that, especially in the face of a refund promise and it being the first week, that's wrong.

No one posted his parents raw details. It was a Facebook. They got nothing more valuable than an email account with a picture attached. No one posted their alarm code, what time they work, ther phone number, address unless the Whois was correct. None of that. Just a Facebook. Calm down divas.

• @Zen said: Why are you always the first one to say something wise and relaxing?

I love you, marry me.

Fuck, I read the thread. >.>

Another member of the Love @Jarland Club? Damn it! We need to start a Love Pie Club.

• @HalfEatenPie said: We need to start a Love Pie Club

I wub you

Ha I missed that comment too @Zen. Apparently I miss half of the valuable things you say :P

• krokro Member

Im on the toilet reading my actions

• @kro said: Im on the toilet reading my actions

@kro has dropped the kids off at the pool!

@kro Here's to a smooth transition!

• KrisKris Member

@superpilesos said: Asperger's!

Asperger's would point more to a need for not changing usernames / keeping a routine pattern, one of the symptoms.

A little schizophrenic sounds more up to par.

@texteditor said: Tons of people manage to spend a lot of time online AND have Asperger's/Autism/Depression/whatever and also manage to not do what he did.

+1

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

@Kris said: A little schizophrenic sounds more up to par.

schizophrenia doesn't make you steal from everyone or lie to them. seems like he's just a scammer looking for an excuse.

• @superpilesos said: schizophrenia doesn't make you steal from everyone or lie to them. seems like he's just a scammer looking for an excuse.

How do we know that a scammer is really sick and not scamming again?

• @concerto49 said: How do we know that a scammer is really sick and not scamming again?

Because there aren't any illnesses that cause you to go on the internet and steal people's money

• For the people who lost some cash in the ordeal : Thanks for your contribution for the LowEndDrama for the week. It was fun
    For the people who worry about the ethics of posting FB info of the kids family : It was just a scaremonger thing to bring the kid to his senses ( if at all he is not impersonating that particular person )
    For that particular kid who is banned : I am not so inclined to believe you have a mental issue with whatever, everyone is delusional at some level, the more you spin up stories for people to believe you, the more you will believe yourself and become one. Good luck..

• @HalfEatenPie said: We need to start a Love Pie Club.

But? That already exist!

• It could be schizoaspergertism w/ a dash of Paranoia, and a sprig of ADD. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and YUM

• I actually looked up for a disease called Scammers Disease. I'm ashamed.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@joepie91 Have you been able to verify to your satisfaction that the information in the letter is truthful?

• @joepie91 I don't know whether Curtis really mean what he wrote, but I hope this time is for real. I pity him for scamming others as in the end it will fire-back at him soon if he has no intention to really change.
    A small community like ours here might forgive and forget, but next time when he enters adulthood with the same attitude, the consequences will be more devastating than just a juvenile miss-behave.

• krokro Member

Lol @ kids n pool.

I pray for smoothness, not normally the case though.
    More like spikey rocks

• I have a fishy feeling about him when he give free vps to freevps.us member and now the true come out. Kid this day

• @joepie91 how about you accept donations for curtisg now ?

• @joepie91 said: Try to treat this situation like an adult.

Agreed, anyone affected should contact the necessary authorities.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said: @joepie91 Have you been able to verify to your satisfaction that the information in the letter is truthful?

I don't know him well enough to confirm this with absolute 100% certainty - however, his story checks out, and even if he had the intention to be dishonest, he knows that being dishonest about this will have serious consequences. Right now, I basically have no reason to believe he's being dishonest, and I think he realizes that being dishonest right now is not going to benefit him.

• rzlostyrzlosty Member
    edited April 2013

@joepie91 said: I don't know him well enough to confirm this with absolute 100% certainty - however, his story checks out, and even if he had the intention to be dishonest, he knows that being dishonest about this will have serious consequences.

The amount of dishonesty in the previous thread was overwhelming what gives you the feeling that dropping the "mental illness" card wasnt just another lie?

Also what consequences are you speaking of? I didn't see any from the previous threads other than a lot of hate & a few FB messages to his mother? I wouldn't call that particularly serious...

Totally not involved with this whole saga but from reading all the posts on this thread and the others I had to ask...