Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU intensive VPS/dedicated servers (80+cores) , low ram/disk/net, or dedicated core(s) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU intensive VPS/dedicated servers (80+cores) , low ram/disk/net, or dedicated core(s)

2»

Comments

• BTW, Vultr cores are Haswell. Maybe E3. So you could gain some performance by recompiling with -march=haswell

• AVX_512AVX_512 Member
    edited October 2016

That does not answer the question at all, "cores" in the same or also different systems?

Yes it scales perfectly between systems. Each workunit is 100% independent with zero cross talk needed between workunits. This project uses a beanstalk queuing server and python script to manage the workunits. I am running many 1 core VPS (Vultr) so my fault for thinking that was clear.

• @rincewind said:
    BTW, Vultr cores are Haswell. Maybe E3. So you could gain some performance by recompiling with -march=haswell

Thank for that news. I was thinking it had to be at least Ivy Bridge based on the increased performance over the e5-2670 v1 systems but haswell v3 based makes more sense.