Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small KVM plans: does anyone care? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small KVM plans: does anyone care?

2»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

can i install windows me on that? XD

• @netomx XP SP2 :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

or windows 3.11

• @sonic http://64mb-kvm.d3vm.net/
    I think I just used the CentOS 5 version of my nginx/php-fpm/mysql install script.

(CentOS 6 wouldn't boot on 64mb)

• VladorzVladorz Member
    edited April 2013

your KVM plans are already small enough... no need to make any smaller ones

• @jarland said: Honestly if I've noticed a trend in clients from South America it's that they're extremely polite and the type of people that are so appreciative that it makes you want to go the extra mile just because it's so refreshing.

Same here!

@johnlth93 said: i am totally on it, but sadly only in NY

Sadly?

@jcaleb said: must pay yearly? Or No?

Monthly, with option for quarterly maybe.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited April 2013

nice interesting.. can you advise which distribution is best ( having the lowest memory footprint) to run only bind slave serving around 500 zones?

• Would love a low end KVM in EU at those prices.

• @MxMcMt said: Would love a low end KVM in EU at those prices.

EU is much more expensive in terms of power and bandwidth :P

A lot of dedi providers in EU wont even allocate a /27 anymore, especially NL :(

• @jarland said: Especially when CentOS normal ISO fails on 256mb ram for me, citing not enough memory...

Will a bigger swap space solve this problem?

• @chihcherng said: Will a bigger swap space solve this problem?

No, the actual installation checks for 512MB RAM and wont let you proceed without it.

• @superpilesos said: Why to have 4-5 different US locations when you can get from one side of the country to the other in ~75ms?

Something something 10 ms something 100 million

• Yes, the 96 or 128MB KVM would be nice.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2013

@superpilesos said: Why to have 4-5 different US locations when you can get from one side of the country to the other in ~75ms?

Because I can get to the EU faster than California. (I live just outside Charlotte, NC)

• sonicsonic Veteran

@dmmcintyre3 said: I think I just used the CentOS 5 version of my nginx/php-fpm/mysql install script.

(CentOS 6 wouldn't boot on 64mb)

Please share your script, i try https://github.com/Xeoncross/lowendscript and ram usage is 90MB. Also, please share status.php file :D

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2013

http://freevps.us/thread-528.html
    I had issues with mysql last time I used it. The CentOS 6 version should have simular ram usage and no issues with mysql. CentOS 6 appears to work on 96mb.

status.php:

<?php header('content-type: text/plain');
    echo `free -m`."
    ".`uptime`."
    ".`df -h`;?>