Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exotic VPS in the Gulf - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Exotic VPS in the Gulf

2»

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

kingpin said: 09:21:51 up 370 days, 8:16, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00

The signature :P

Do you update it every day? :P

• @William said:

rsk said: and will haul you into a lot of legal headache you dont even want

Not really, they have zero legal chance to ever extradite you out of any sane country or make you pay shit.

Four20 said: I needed one a year ago, for a small project (website that checks if a domain is blocked or not in SA), didn't really want to pay anything more than $10 a month. Obviously I didn't find any, so I ended up creating a small VM and started using it. Worked like a charm, specially since I already have a decent internet connection (FTTH).

Yea, i also had the weird experience that Nashirnet was seemingly only half ass censored (sort of what people told me is the difference between educational/gov user and normal user, Iran has a similar separation)...

What do you have, 100/100? Static IP? STC i guess (lol what else)? Would sell IPs to them (they pay good) but the process for me is... complicated...

Yea 100/100 from STC. Dynamic IP though.

• Four20 said: Yea 100/100 from STC. Dynamic IP though.

Seems the IP shortage did get even into SA by now or they realised the security implications (ironically the ones of hosting content, not the one of getting content as tracking/censorship would be easier but hosting eg. dissident content on dynamic with state DNS censorship is very hard) of static IPs....

• @William said:

Four20 said: Yea 100/100 from STC. Dynamic IP though.

Seems the IP shortage did get even into SA by now or they realised the security implications (ironically the ones of hosting content, not the one of getting content as tracking/censorship would be easier but hosting eg. dissident content on dynamic with state DNS censorship is very hard) of static IPs....

Yea It's probably due to IP shortage.
    It's fine I guess, since mostly everyone would prefer dynamic IP over static any day.

• Four20 said: Yea It's probably due to IP shortage. It's fine I guess, since mostly everyone would prefer dynamic IP over static any day.

Yea, DDoS also an issue in SA (and the reverse in Israel) so dynamic makes sense.

• @William said:

Four20 said: Yea It's probably due to IP shortage. It's fine I guess, since mostly everyone would prefer dynamic IP over static any day.

Yea, DDoS also an issue in SA (and the reverse in Israel) so dynamic makes sense.

Yep. Not only that, but also for privacy issues.
    I mean look at all the databases leaks, even if someone was careful enough to use different usernames and/or emails, the accounts can be easily linked to each other by IP.
    That could lead to getting doxed, hacked/SE'd, etc...

• @William said:

erkin said: Looking at nashirnet's server location, latency from Frankfurt should be 20-30 ms.

You dream of what at night btw?

Sorry?

• @erkin said:

@William said:

erkin said: Looking at nashirnet's server location, latency from Frankfurt should be 20-30 ms.

Sorry?

It's a German saying he translated there, not sure about an English equivalent...

Von was träumst du nachts?!

So you might have missed the point. :D
    However, the closest I could find is maybe something like: "Not in a million years!"

Thanked by 1erkin
  • @Bochi said:

@erkin said:

@William said:

Sorry?

It's a German saying he translated there, not sure about an English equivalent...

Von was träumst du nachts?!

So you might have missed the point. :D
    However, the closest I could find is maybe something like: "Not in a million years!"

More like: "in your dreams maybe"

Thanked by 1erkin
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited October 2016

@teamacc said:
    More like: "in your dreams maybe"

Good one, too!
    Guess it depends in which situation one would use it.

Think of a guy saying: "Wanna hang out today at my place?" - Both could fit! :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Four20 said: Yes. I'm from SA and I live there.

...and your forum nickname...is a marijuana reference...?!?

I was under the impression that the Kingdom beheaded cannabis connoisseurs?

• I think that your only option is going with https://www.citynethost.com/linux-vps/ it's the only company in your budget

Btw: Connection speed become awful there

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • Wouldnt bother with citynethost, had some Saudi users run a traceroute a few months back (to their egypt node), all routed through france.