Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exotic VPS in the Gulf
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Exotic VPS in the Gulf

BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
edited October 2016 in Requests

I realized that my LEB collection is missing a VPS from the Gulf region: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, and others.

From my own research, I understand that this region is pretty darn expensive. However, is anyone aware of any providers that are near LEB-friendly pricing?

Budget is roughly $10/m (maybe a max of $15) for any small VPS, and no preference over the virtualization/container technology.

I don't need any Israeli providers since EDIS already has it covered, and I'm not looking for PM/custom deals.

Comments

• Nope. No chance this time.

• From the other thread:

William said: simple: does not exist. My UAE VM is 40$ with 5Mbit bw.

Ouch! You're crushing my hopes and budget! But thanks for the brutal honesty.

• hi, may i suggest you find the closest route "best peering country" and host there. I say this from experience and why not try.

• @ehab, any provider you can recommend? Maybe from Egypt?

• Israel has a few but yea, as you said - EDIS (not the cheapest btw).

There was Nashirnet in Saudi Arabia which at times was cheaper than 10EUR (and had/has PayPal) but raised pricing to min. 21$ now.

Outside of that yea, UAE has providers (and cheap power) but you get (by the upstream duopoly) 1TB traffic or like 5Mbit unmetered for as much as 100$...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

William said: There was Nashirnet in Saudi Arabia which at times was cheaper than 10EUR (and had/has PayPal) but raised pricing to min. 21$ now.

...actually, it's $51. There's a $30 "location fee" if you want to be in Saudi Arabia.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited October 2016

William said: EDIS (not the cheapest btw)

Agree, I like EDIS for the simple reason that I can get VPSs around half the global from a single provider.

William said: There was Nashirnet in Saudi Arabia

Yea, I saw them mentioned a while back on LET. When researching, before I posted, I saw their $21 cha-ching price tag and immediately ran away.

raindog308 said: There's a $30 "location fee" if you want to be in Saudi Arabia

Wow! I'd like to say "nice find" but that just makes things even worse and disheartening.

Considering how modern Dubai and Abu Dhabi are, I would have thought them to at least have some providers with pricing comparable to the rest of the world.

Seems like my VPS world collection is going to have to continue missing the Arab gulf for a few more years :(

• ehab said: hi, may i suggest you find the closest route "best peering country" and host there.

I.e. Frankfurt, Germany?

• Thanks @rds100 but I was actually for something in (or near) that region for VPS hoarding collecting purposes.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @ehab, any provider you can recommend? Maybe from Egypt?

no exact answer but what i recall was find the main isp and get network info "from where are they renting" or the line etc ... and get the closest provider on same line.

@rds100 said:
    I.e. Frankfurt, Germany?

havent't tested it but this location is good to have always.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

Interestingly, Bamboozle offers UAE OnApp virtual servers...

I saw it on the OnApp cloud directory.

• deployvm said: Interestingly, Bamboozle offers UAE OnApp virtual servers...
    I saw it on the OnApp cloud directory.

Yes, they are who i use as well.

• Looking at nashirnet's server location, latency from Frankfurt should be 20-30 ms.

And nothing in that list is near LEB pricing :(

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited October 2016

nope =(

you should try to contact them to get a better price.

raindog308 said: And nothing in that list is near LEB pricing :(

Wait, I was wrong. There is HostLB in Lebanon for $6.99/mo. But when I go to the URL they list at exoticvps...

https://www.hostlb.net/cloudservers.php

...I get a funny message that concludes "If you try to do Illegal actions against our website our lawyers are seeking some asses to judge".

Hell yeah, bitches. Judgment Day.

Going to hostlb.net redirects to b-whatsapp.com which is...I don't know or care but it isn't a VPS in the Middle East.

• erkin said: Looking at nashirnet's server location, latency from Frankfurt should be 20-30 ms.

You dream of what at night btw?

• hzrhzr Member

William said: You dream of what at night btw?

I dream of finding something as hilariously unlicenced and cheap as huaqiangbei markets in the states

• hzrhzr Member

raindog308 said: Going to hostlb.net redirects to b-whatsapp.com which is...I don't know or care but it isn't a VPS in the Middle East.

It's the same company, but their primary focus is now on violating other peoples' terms of service and selling "spam messenger app users for money". The LEB VPS range is at https://lfait.com/cart.php?gid=22 now

• Why would someone need a VPS in Saudi Arabia?

Thanked by 2rsk Lunar

Four20 said: Why would someone need a VPS in Saudi Arabia?

I salute @BeardyUnixGuy 's quest to enhance his VPS collection. There are worse Pokemon variations one could play.

Thanked by 2Four20 BeardyUnixGuy
  • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited October 2016

@Four20, there is no need required when someone's LowEndAddiction is at work.

Thanked by 2simonindia TheKiller
  • @BeardyUnixGuy said:

@Four20, there is no need required when someone's LowEndAddiction is at work.

I needed one a year ago, for a small project (website that checks if a domain is blocked or not in SA), didn't really want to pay anything more than $10 a month. Obviously I didn't find any, so I ended up creating a small VM and started using it. Worked like a charm, specially since I already have a decent internet connection (FTTH).

But yea, I get the "VPS Collecting" addiction thing. Good luck finding what you need.

• Four20 said: so I ended up creating a small VM and started using it

Sounds to me like you are/were residing in Saudi? You still there?

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:

Four20 said: so I ended up creating a small VM and started using it

Sounds to me like you are/were residing in Saudi? You still there?

Yes. I'm from SA and I live there.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Remember, what other non gulf providers see as normal behaviour might be considered indecent and will haul you into a lot of legal headache you dont even want ...

If however, it is for some small services where only you would use it - should be fine.

Albeit not lowend, but in Dubai we have these

https://www.aeserver.com/my/cart.php?gid=9 (1TB bw)

http://www.etisalat.ae/nrd/en/business/products-and-services/products/cloud/etisalat-cloudcompute-packages.jsp (just 10GB of bandwidth ...)

Tried both for local projects, all seems fine - except for the fact that we can get much better resources by going to neighbouring countries or even the EU.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • rsk said: and will haul you into a lot of legal headache you dont even want

Not really, they have zero legal chance to ever extradite you out of any sane country or make you pay shit.

Four20 said: I needed one a year ago, for a small project (website that checks if a domain is blocked or not in SA), didn't really want to pay anything more than $10 a month. Obviously I didn't find any, so I ended up creating a small VM and started using it. Worked like a charm, specially since I already have a decent internet connection (FTTH).

Yea, i also had the weird experience that Nashirnet was seemingly only half ass censored (sort of what people told me is the difference between educational/gov user and normal user, Iran has a similar separation)...

What do you have, 100/100? Static IP? STC i guess (lol what else)? Would sell IPs to them (they pay good) but the process for me is... complicated...

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited October 2016

@William said:
    Not really, they have zero legal chance to ever extradite you out of any sane country or make you pay shit.

Yeah. Just remember to keep out of insane ones, otherwise you may end up behind the bars instead of enjoying your stay in one of those luxury Dubai hotels after you'd made your first million in the low end box market.

Thanked by 1rsk