Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2016 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Promotions List
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2016 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Promotions List

netnet Member
edited October 2016 in General

Folks,

Let's list the interesting promotions here, Domain/shared hosting/VPS/Dedicated/PC Hardware, etc. :)

Comments

• I hear Trumps having a sale on hair dye on black friday, he's going to pull a reverse Michael Jackson

On a more serious note, probably the big companies will be giving discounts, places like BestBuy in Canada/USA usually do some fairly decent deals

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • Bestbuy for sure on the laptops and tablets.

• Canadian Black Friday?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What about in EU?

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • @Kobe said:
    Canadian Black Friday?

I'm upmost glad it doesn't fall on National Muslim Heritage Month because what we would we ever do, I mean we give the refugees food, water, shelter, money, and they still bitch and complain, we give them a month of heritage, they still bitch and complain, I find it sad we have the month dedicated to them, seeing as they've been in Canada less than 70 years, but sure, give them a month. I want national rant heritage month next (@doghouch)

Thanked by 2ManofServer webcraft
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There will be an MXroute promo for sure. Every year I try to one-up myself :)

• @jarland said:
    There will be an MXroute promo for sure. Every year I try to one-up myself :)

Can't wait to see this one

Thanked by 1jar
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Obligatory warning: Black Friday is, at least for retailers, an opportunity for clearing out old stock that they can't otherwise sell anymore. You're not getting as good a deal as you think you are ;)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@joepie91 I've got some old Pentiums in my Shed. I think I'll put up a VPS offer then!

Thanked by 4joepie91 yomero GCat ucxo
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2016

@GCat said:

@Kobe said:
    Canadian Black Friday?

I'm upmost glad it doesn't fall on National Muslim Heritage Month because what we would we ever do, I mean we give the refugees food, water, shelter, money, and they still bitch and complain, we give them a month of heritage, they still bitch and complain, I find it sad we have the month dedicated to them, seeing as they've been in Canada less than 70 years, but sure, give them a month. I want national rant heritage month next (@doghouch)

Fail tag but we're not aiming to be a trump oriented country

aka.

Thanked by 1GCat
    edited October 2016

@joepie91 said:
    Obligatory warning: Black Friday is, at least for retailers, an opportunity for clearing out old stock that they can't otherwise sell anymore. You're not getting as good a deal as you think you are ;)

I've never really seen a great deal on a physical item on Black Friday, nor have I been impressed by anyone's stories of good deals. Sometimes get good deals on online services though, like Amazon CloudDrive.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • hzrhzr Member

jarland said: I've never really seen a great deal on a physical item on Black Friday, nor have I been impressed by anyone's stories of good deals

That's because most of us are not particularly interested in trampling small children to death for a 720p TV and would rather get a nice OVH 64GB

• @jarland said:

@joepie91 said:

I've never really seen a great deal on a physical item on Black Friday, nor have I been impressed by anyone's stories of good deals. Sometimes get good deals on online services though, like Amazon CloudDrive.

I got 50% off a shed last year. Beat that.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: I got 50% off a shed last year. Beat that.

They increased the price by 100% the day before though.

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: I got 50% off a shed last year. Beat that.

They increased the price by 100% the day before though.

Yes, but I also bought a shed the day before at that price, so I think it's fairly clear that the second shed was an absolutely bargain.

Thanked by 2Lee webcraft

@jarland,

We would love to run a promotion too, can we post our design offer here?

• Providers, please remember to release your Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) specials early while we still have a positive bank balance :-)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

You guys realize Black Friday is about a month and a half away, right?

• Heh. @Harambe, you realize that I'm completely impatient and need processing power now?

Thanked by 2vimalware ucxo
  • Disks out for @Harambe

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Heh. @Harambe, you realize that I'm completely impatient and need processing power now?

Fair enough :)

I recently found out the OVH VPS coupon code still works, so that immediately lead to a couple more being purchased. Now to figure out what to do with them.. dem cheap IPs.

• @Harambe, remind me which coupon code and how much cheaper things got?

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @Harambe, remind me which coupon code and how much cheaper things got?

I believe it's VPS30GO - and it takes 30% off 6 month or annual VPS plans. So the base 2GB Ram VPS SSD plan comes down to under $15 for 6 months or $30/year.

KVM 1 vCore/2GB Ram/10GB SSD/100Mbps unmetered. Up to 16 add-on IPs (so 17 total per VPS) at $3 each one-time. Dirt cheap box if you need dedicated proxies.

Might work on the cloud lineup too but I didn't check

@MrGeneral said:
    @jarland,

Absolutely in this thread. Still need to sit down and think about more service offers for the site as a whole.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Harambe said:

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    @Harambe, remind me which coupon code and how much cheaper things got?

I believe it's VPS30GO - and it takes 30% off 6 month or annual VPS plans. So the base 2GB Ram VPS SSD plan comes down to under $15 for 6 months or $30/year.

KVM 1 vCore/2GB Ram/10GB SSD/100Mbps unmetered. Up to 16 add-on IPs (so 17 total per VPS) at $3 each one-time. Dirt cheap box if you need dedicated proxies.

Might work on the cloud lineup too but I didn't check

Triggered. teeth chattering

Thanked by 1ehab
  • tenperatenpera Member
    edited October 2016

Le code de promotion utilisé n'est plus valide à cette date

The promotion code used is no longer valid on that date

• @tenpera said:

Here it's working but only for 6 months term.

@tenpera said:

6 month/1 year term only. I only tried on the US and Canadian sites though.

@jarland said:

@MrGeneral said:
    @jarland,

Absolutely in this thread. Still need to sit down and think about more service offers for the site as a whole.

Sounds great, thank you. :)