Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Versatile IT is expanding and your input is needed. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Versatile IT is expanding and your input is needed.

13»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@concerto49 said: It's not going to have such a great distinction from Texas that you already have.

I'm not looking at spreading out at the moment. The Chicago plans will go along side the Dallas ones, this is instead of expanding Dallas.

edited May 2013

For those of you that don't read The Cest Pit we will be expanding to Phoenix. We chose this location in an effort to better serve the Oceanic/Asia area.

Right now we are looking for a special plan that we can use to open this location. If I choose the plan you post the plan will be named after you.

Rules:
    Be realistic with your plans. We are not going to do 3.141GB RAM for 7$
    I reserve the right to choose a plan and change some of the specs to suit the markets demand as a whole.

And for those wondering we do have a website coming!

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited May 2013

If you choose this plan, don't name it after me, call it the "Phoenix Rising" plan. Here are the details:

256MB RAM
    15GB disk OR 7GB disk if SSD
    100GB BW
    1IP / 10IPv6
    $15-20/yr or $2/mo

This seems like a nice, balanced plan for a decent price. Yes, there's cheaper, but I couldn't place a value on the confidence I could put in this plan vs. (ahem) other hosts.

edited May 2013

@DStrout Love it! That one will be one of our regular plans! May have to decrease the disk space a little but we will see how things go.

No SSD unfortunately.

• DStroutDStrout Member

@trewq said: decrease the disk space a little

You're the boss, but why? As it is this isn't that much disk space, unless you're rockin' SSDs. The 128MB plan linked in your sig has 10GB disk, so I would think 15GB would be a reasonable "bump".

@DStrout said: You're the boss, but why? As it is this isn't that much disk space, unless you're rockin' SSDs. The 128MB plan linked in your sig has 10GB disk, so I would think 15GB would be a reasonable "bump".

Because we don't have access to the same hardware in each location, each of our nodes are not the same. The new node is much more powerful than our Dallas nodes but the HDD space is only double of that in our Dallas nodes. This means that we can not offer the same plans across all of our location. In saying this if our Phoenix location is popular their is no doubt we will start offering better plans.

I would much prefer to offer a less appealing plan than to offer one that we can not sustain and is unstable.

• DStroutDStrout Member

@trewq said: I would much prefer to offer a less appealing plan than to offer one that we can not sustain and is unstable.

And that's why I consider providers like you trustworthy. Thanks for explaining.

edited May 2013

@DStrout said: Thanks for explaining.

Not a problem, I am always open to explaining my reasoning for things.

• @trewq said: The new node is much more powerful

How's the bandwidth situation look? (And, with that in mind, I would like to resubmit my completely unrealistic idea: 512 with 10GB and 3TB for whatever price you see fit.)

edited May 2013

@ihatetonyy said: How's the bandwidth situation look?

1Gbps on the new node. We might be able to offer a few 3TB bandwidth plans or have an upgrade available.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited May 2013

1024MB RAM
    50GB disk
    250GB BW @ 1Gbps
    1IP / 10IPv6
    $3.50/mo
    do it

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@DStrout - You could do what I'm doing... put another router behind the main one and put all your traffic through that one.

• @trewq said: We chose this location in an effort to better serve the Oceanic/Asia area.

How does the latency to Australia compare to other west coast US locations?

• @saltspork said: How does the latency to Australia compare to other west coast US locations?

Won't be faster compared to some better LA providers. It's not too bad though. Comparable to Las Vegas.