Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours

13»

Comments

• O my gowd server is down 1 minute ago. Deadpooled?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@rsk said:
    Seen similar issues before with hosts using OVH. The node and IPs are removed just like that, even if it is due to a single abuse report.

Good news that it is all back and running again. @Ylem .. backup now :)

That's pretty odd. I have many servers with OVH and abuse reports barely ever result in an IP getting blocked, and if so I'm able to unblock it from the control panel manually (i.e. mail spam, outbound DoS attack, port scanning). Only way I'd assume they would suspend the whole server or block the whole IP block is due to lack of attention to the problem.

Just giving my experience, but maybe I'm treated better than others because the amount I pay (??)

• @MikeA said:

but maybe I'm treated better than others because the amount I pay (??)

corrected that for you ;-)

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • Free month, wii

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

tr1cky said: OVH support stellar as usual.

The phone support is better now, especially in CA and GB!

• @Zeast said:
    Free month, wii

Sorry - from my VPS back to normal, they did not reply to my TK, and my question, which is disappointing through the end! 48 hours not accessible.
    And there is no other explanation and TK reminder.
    VPS in 36 hours can not access, Reply I was unable to visit, because OVH problems.
    After no longer any statement!
    This is very disappointing to customers!

• Meh, I just have private email server + ts3 server. I lost 36 hours and I have a 1 month more. It's worth for me

• @YIem said:

@Zeast said:
    Free month, wii

Sorry - from my VPS back to normal, they did not reply to my TK, and my question, which is disappointing through the end! 48 hours not accessible.
    VPS in 36 hours can not access, Reply I was unable to visit, because OVH problems.

You want 99.999% uptime and great support / response? Spend some money and go to AWS.

You want to act like a cheapskate and host critical services on a $3/mo VPS and then whine when something unplanned happens? You have no one but yout dumb ass to blame for the decision that you are solely responsible for.

In any case, dedistation did go out of the way and compensate for the the 36h downtime by extending the service by a month. What more do you want?

Grow up, and stop acting like a demanding bitch! Learn to back your stuff up and have a plan B ready for when the shit hits the fan, as sooner or later it usually does, when hosting 'production services' on LowEndBoxes.

Thanked by 1JMeister
  • He never compensated by a month, that's just a lip service, never happened.

• @K4Y5 said:

@YIem said:

@Zeast said:
    Free month, wii

You want 99.999% uptime and great support / response? Spend some money and go to AWS.

You want to act like a cheapskate and host critical services on a $3/mo VPS and then whine when something unplanned happens? You have no one but yout dumb ass to blame for the decision that you are solely responsible for.

In any case, dedistation did go out of the way and compensate for the the 36h downtime by extending the service by a month. What more do you want?

Grow up, and stop acting like a demanding bitch! Learn to back your stuff up and have a plan B ready for when the shit hits the fan, as sooner or later it usually does, when hosting 'production services' on LowEndBoxes.

But you do not understand what I mean, or we are not in the same communication channel!
    My question you still do not understand! I just need an explanation

• @tenpera said:
    He never compensated by a month, that's just a lip service, never happened.

I did not have to get any compensation from them! I do not need a month's compensation!
       I just lack an explanation! A service provider to the customer's explanation, they can not even do this!

• @WebGuru said:

@linuxthefish said:
    This Canada node should be back online now, OVH 24/7 incident support had no idea why all the IP's were nullrouted and service disappeared from manager. Waiting for explanation on the cause of the downtime, but looks to be back to normal now...

Everyone on this node will be getting a free month of hosting, I'm updating packages now.

It's been more thing 2 weeks i didn't received any reply of my ticket #2881. Still shows "In Progress"

@linuxthefish still waiting no reply here or there...