Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

YIem said: I wonder why their response so late?

FFS go ask them, this is not their help desk.

• @Lee said:

YIem said: I wonder why their response so late?

FFS go ask them, this is not their help desk.

Oh, you're right! Please do not browse this question! Thank you for your reply! . Goodbye!

• LeeLee Veteran

YIem said: Oh, you're right! Please do not browse this question! Thank you for your reply! . Goodbye!

You don't have backups so you clearly don't care about the data you have there so why is some downtime such an issue for you that you are going to sit constantly posting here until it's fixed, if it ever is.

Start thinking about how you are going to prevent this happening in the future.

Thanked by 2switsys k0nsl
  • @Lee said:

YIem said: Oh, you're right! Please do not browse this question! Thank you for your reply! . Goodbye!

You don't have backups so you clearly don't care about the data you have there so why is some downtime such an issue for you that you are going to sit constantly posting here until it's fixed, if it ever is.

Start thinking about how you are going to prevent this happening in the future.

This is a lesson! But now the problem has occurred! Only after solving this problem! Go to remember this problem

• YIem said: This is a lesson! But now the problem has occurred!

This is not a lesson, but a sign of incapability handling web servers. You bought a dirty-cheap vps, you rely all of the eggs in it and you keep bumping this thread with comments, from a point and then, with absolutely no value.
    Shit happens. If you don't like the provider, when will be online again, pack your data and move. But do not believe that in this price range, you will find something bulletproof or with a 100% uptime.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2016

YIem said: This is a lesson! But now the problem has occurred!

This is not a lesson, but a sign of incapability handling web servers. You bought a dirty-cheap vps, you rely all of the eggs in it and you keep bumping this thread with comments, from a point and then, with absolutely no value.
    Shit happens. If you don't like the provider, when will be online again, pack your data and move. But do not believe that in this price range, you will find something bulletproof or with a 100% uptime.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Wisdom and common sense are really hard to be found nowadays.

Thanked by 2SteveMC serv_ee
  • I have a couple vps that I use for dns on their BHS C2 node and have not skipped a beat. Actually, those 2 vps have very high uptime(99.995%) since last April when they were purchased.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Ok guys. You can't blame OVH for this guys issues, if he the provider really cared they would have called OVH immediately if it is a problem that is totally out of his control. Lets be real? I can't be the only one that thinks like this?

Plus where's those backups at.

Thanked by 1BlazingServers
  • @MikeA said:
    Ok guys. You can't blame OVH for this guys issues, if he the provider really cared they would have called OVH immediately if it is a problem that is totally out of his control. Lets be real? I can't be the only one that thinks like this?

OVH support sucks. Period.
    Their IE team doesn't even pick up calls unless I call them out on twitter about it. Even then, I feel lucky if they respond to my tickets within a week, if at all.

I honestly receive better and faster support with Kimsufi, ffs. That says a lot!

edited October 2016

@K4Y5 said:

@MikeA said:

OVH support sucks. Period.
    Their IE team doesn't even pick up calls unless I call them out on twitter about it. Even then, I feel lucky if they respond to my tickets within a week, if at all.

I honestly receive better and faster support with Kimsufi, ffs. That says a lot!

I've had the exact opposite experience with their support. OP is talking about a provider that uses OVH, provider should be more transparent and actually explain the issue (if OPs claims are correct.)

• @MikeA said:

I've had the exact opposite experience with their support. OP is talking about a provider that uses OVH, provider shou;d be more transparent and actually explain the issue (if OPs claims are correct.)

at least providers issues with OVH shouldn't be a problem for the customer for more than 36h ...

I agree that a provider should be able to call OVH and if they are not possible/willing to help there should be communication with the customers to clarify and give the option to either wait or get the service recreated on another node to be able to restore from backups or whatever.

also the customer itself should be responsible for having its own data backed up properly. so at least in this case both parties seems to have failed at some point.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Any update ?? @Ylem My Ticket is unanswered for more than 15 Days !

edited October 2016

Bad timing. Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.
    OVH could use that as an excuse.

Thanked by 2Adam1 rattlecattle
    edited October 2016

@deank said:

For billing yes, otherwise OVH is staffed 24/7.

Also this thread isn't about OVH, read before you post.

Sure, I am sure they have people staffed 24/7, smoking weed at work or taking naps.

Thanked by 1xkshj1

@deank said:
    Sure, I am sure they have people staffed 24/7, smoking weed at work or taking naps.

The quality of your stupidity is astounding.

Thanked by 1JasperNL
    edited October 2016

Of course, I am a stupid jerk. I declare myself to be a troll in the first place. What kind of quality do you expect from someone like myself? lol

Thanked by 2K4Y5 HaendlerIT

@deank said:
    Of course, I am a stupid jerk. I declare myself to be a troll in the first place. What kind of quality do you expect from someone like myself? lol

Make LET great again.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2016

This Canada node should be back online now, OVH 24/7 incident support had no idea why all the IP's were nullrouted and service disappeared from manager. Waiting for explanation on the cause of the downtime, but looks to be back to normal now...

Everyone on this node will be getting a free month of hosting, I'm updating packages now.

edited October 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    This Canada node should be back online now, OVH 24/7 incident support had no idea why all the IP's were nullrouted and service disappeared from manager. Waiting for explanation on the cause of the downtime, but looks to be back to normal now...

Just a note for future reference, when things are missing from the manager, you can use their API directly from their website to complete tasks easily. It has all of the necessary fields so you don't need to contact support. Just login to the API page first.

https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/ (ex. https://i.gyazo.com/f97c07ead26ee18738a269c32801d071.png)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @linuxthefish said:

Everyone on this node will be getting a free month of hosting, I'm updating packages now.

It's been more thing 2 weeks i didn't received any reply of my ticket #2881. Still shows "In Progress"

• @jvnadr said:

YIem said: This is a lesson! But now the problem has occurred!

You are right!

• @Falzo said:

@MikeA said:

I've had the exact opposite experience with their support. OP is talking about a provider that uses OVH, provider shou;d be more transparent and actually explain the issue (if OPs claims are correct.)

at least providers issues with OVH shouldn't be a problem for the customer for more than 36h ...

I agree that a provider should be able to call OVH and if they are not possible/willing to help there should be communication with the customers to clarify and give the option to either wait or get the service recreated on another node to be able to restore from backups or whatever.

also the customer itself should be responsible for having its own data backed up properly. so at least in this case both parties seems to have failed at some point.

Now the host can be opened, resolved after 48 hours

• @MikeA said:

@deank said:

For billing yes, otherwise OVH is staffed 24/7.

Also this thread isn't about OVH, read before you post.

Yes, this is not OVH, but my service provider is in use, the machine is used OVH!

• @linuxthefish said:

However, after the host can be used normally! I have not received any of them saying that your host has normal mail! I just found that can be used!

• @deank said:

For me, I only need my VPS normal, I do not need to worry about their private life, maybe I think so is wrong!

• My goal in life is to get free things.. >:)

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • I have 2 vps with them. Both are online. One of them with 100% uptime and other with 99.6%.(Checked with pingdom)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Seen similar issues before with hosts using OVH. The node and IPs are removed just like that, even if it is due to a single abuse report.

Good news that it is all back and running again. @Ylem .. backup now :)