Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godaddy/sopa - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Godaddy/sopa

2»

Comments

• Aw man, I get some sort of sick thrill from this sort of thing.

• @Zetta said: Aw man, I get some sort of sick thrill from this sort of thing.

Stop trying to google plus me.

• Well, I didn't like GoDaddy anyway. So I moved all my domains away. I should have done it earlier, but this gave me great reason to do it right now.

• There is GoDaddy Detector plugin for Chrome which reveals sites with "bad domains".

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

GoDaddy and Namecheap dont support sopa anymore.

• They retracted their public support out of fear of losing their clients. Don't believe for a moment that they aren't still backing the bill.

Thanked by 2Infinity mrm2005
  • edited December 2011

@MrGeneral said: GoDaddy and Namecheap dont support sopa anymore.

namecheap never did.

@Aldryic your totaly correct. Suprised wikipedia is still using them as well as archlinux..... Already moved my domains and requested for every piece of info they have on me to be destroyed.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@net said: requested for every piece of info they have on me to be destroyed.

I doubt they'd do that.

• @Infinity said: I doubt they'd do that.

If @net is from a country that requires it, they have no choice but to destroy it.

• I believe under some eu regulation they have to delete the data wthin 60days of being requested not 100% sure. I asked and was nice about it.

@net said: I believe under some eu regulation they have to delete the data wthin 60days of being requested not 100% sure. I asked and was nice about it.

That's like the only plus side of the EU.

• I like the EU ;) Easy travel although I never travel on my english passport ;)

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

Except if the company name is Facebook. They don't care at all.

• I heard facebook means devil in chinese.

Thanked by 2japon mrm2005
  • @net Last I heard from the Guy's twitter, the Wiki family moved 100% away from godaddy

• Another plus of the EU is that they have recently made a law thats the opposite of SOPA. ISPs can't block websites for copyright infringment or something like that.

I hope the UK leaves the EU soon though,

I've left my GoDaddy domains to expire, they have like 30 days left and I don't use them anymore.

Also GoDaddy block me transferring them because their about to expire, bloody croocks

• But has anyone ever thought of the thrill of trying to evade or circumvent SOPA? It'd be like the Matrix, and everyone would be in an underground resistance, connecting to pirated signals, sharing warez, outrunning sentinels, and dying in the end. Or does everyone just don't like the extra hassle. :)

• You smoke too much, мальчик.

Thanked by 1japon

Crazy Russian.

• @Aldryic said: мальчик

Don't let @DimeCadmium see that. He'll start whining because of non-use of English language. ;-)

• @japon said: Don't let @DimeCadmium see that. He'll start whining because of non-use of English language. ;-)

Dime hangs out in IRC with us, he's used to my manly charms :P

• @Aldryic, :) Just thought it'd be funny to post that.

Whoa, didn't know we have language checkers here.

• heheh, fair enough. Though on a more serious note, this country keeps spiraling as it is, and I just may end up moving back home.

• Looks like English to me, just a weird font and it says manbunk.