Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup nice offer - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup nice offer

Comments

• @vimalware said:
    arggh. must... feed... KVM addiction.

No luck though with stock.

just as well - I have enough idling VPS without adding another ;)

still, it is a nice offer ...

• I'm guessing some people from last year didn't renew .

• @Timtimo13 said:

@Falzo said:

those coupons are only valid for new customers and not usable on their promotional offers...

(and yes, it's part of their affiliate program, 10% coupons for their expert M - XL webhosting are also available if needed)

That said I've also got some 10% coupons:

36nc14824354420
    36nc14824354421
    36nc14824354422
    36nc14824354423
    36nc14824354424

That two core VM is still available: https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1607

(BTW... the coupon I've used worked on the original promotion offer in this thread.)

• @vimalware said:

Tell me about it. I've just hit 40, with about 20% utilization.

• @WSS said:

@vimalware said:

Tell me about it. I've just hit 40, with about 20% utilization.

I feel you, bro.

• Tried that coupon thing on the 19ct server.

Response from netcup:

Guten Tag,

vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung.

Aufgrund des sehr günstigen Preises für das Produkt, können wir den
    gewählten Gutschein nicht berücksichtigen. Bitte teilen Sie uns mit,
    ob wir das Produkt ohne den Gutschein für Sie bereit stellen dürfen.

Wir wünschen Ihnen ein frohes Fest.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Ihr netcup Team

Sth. like "Thanks for your order, You can't use this coupon cause of the cheap price. Should we deploy the server anyway with the 10eur setup fee?"

• 2promos1netcup

Thanked by 1willie
  • @WSS said:
    2promos1netcup

Don't remind us on that.. :()

• @webcraft said:

@WSS said:
    2promos1netcup

I don't know that story, any explaination? :-)

• @Timtimo13 said:

@webcraft said:

@WSS said:
    2promos1netcup

I don't know that story, any explaination? :-)

Free Chocolates. Soft serve.

Thanked by 2Junkless webcraft
  • @Timtimo13 said:
    Tried that coupon thing on the 19ct server.

Response from netcup:

Guten Tag,

Ihr netcup Team

Sth. like "Thanks for your order, You can't use this coupon cause of the cheap price. Should we deploy the server anyway with the 10eur setup fee?"

Same, which makes the offer kinda meh now.

• @kalimov622 said:

@Timtimo13 said:
    Tried that coupon thing on the 19ct server.

Response from netcup:

Guten Tag,

Ihr netcup Team

Same, which makes the offer kinda meh now.

I ordered anyway. It's KVM from a known german provider. I think that deal is ok.
    Havn't found a KVM for that price in the last time, only OVZ

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2016

as mentioned those coupons might not work on promotional offers but are checked manually by their staff, so you always can cancel your order if they wont accept the code.

@Falzo said:

> 36nc14824166480
    > 36nc14824166481
    > 36nc14824166482
    > 36nc14824166483
    > 36nc14824166484
    > 36nc14824166485
    > 36nc14824166486
    > 36nc14824166487
    > 36nc14824166488
    > 36nc14824166489
    > 

some coupons from my list now have been used/burned, so I edited the post above...
    I might not be able to keep it actual if the edit time runs out... so if anyone needs a new working one, just ask I'll provide ;-)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

It's impressive to get a 3gb kvm with 240gb of raid storage for that price, but I'm skeptical of the claim of dedicated cores or threads. That term is thrown around meaninglessly these days. The e5-2660v3 is a 10 core, 20 thread processor that costs $1k+. So if they're really giving you 2 dedicated threads, that's 1/10th of the cpu so you probably get 1/10th of the memory too, i.e. they're putting only 32gb on that powerful expensive chip and selling you that slice for a mere 5 euro/month inc VAT. That's dubious to me to say the least.

• on another german discussion someone claimed to have spoken with their support which confirmed those are dedicated threads. maybe the machines itself are dual E5 with 64 GB or something like that - at least you can use all the power you can get. I have turned up my boinc-client from a 50% limit on CPU to 80%, we'll see if this will result in noticable more output during the next days ;-)

and I agree there is always the possibillity to overbook that node without someone being able to notice or prove... as long as the performance you get is as promised, it shouldn't matter at all. to have that CPU idling most of the time because you don't overbook it more likely sounds like a not so useful business model ;-)

Thanked by 1mik997
  • @Falzo said:
    on another german discussion someone claimed to have spoken with their support which confirmed those are dedicated threads. maybe the machines itself are dual E5 with 64 GB or something like that - at least you can use all the power you can get. I have turned up my boinc-client from a 50% limit on CPU to 80%, we'll see if this will result in noticable more output during the next days ;-)

and I agree there is always the possibillity to overbook that node without someone being able to notice or prove... as long as the performance you get is as promised, it shouldn't matter at all. to have that CPU idling most of the time because you don't overbook it more likely sounds like a not so useful business model ;-)

Support said its dedicated cores not threads. Who know which one is true?...
    I should paste the answer if anybody want it

• Tried to grab one and asked for the VAT to be removed but got this reply.

sinc3 you do not live in Europe you have to pay tha German VAT of 19%.
    The VAT of 19% have to charge in your own country with your Financial Department .

What is this mean? I don't understand

• @didtav said:
    Tried to grab one and asked for the VAT to be removed but got this reply.

The VAT of 19% have to charge in your own country with your Financial Department .

Try to escalate the issue to another rep/manager. If you do not live in EU you don't need to pay VAT. I have a server with them without VAT. Sometimes the holiday replacement new comers are not much informed.

• This looks good, and I was going to buy domains but €5 does setup only >.>

• @Falzo said:
    on another german discussion someone claimed to have spoken with their support which confirmed those are dedicated threads. maybe the machines itself are dual E5 with 64 GB or something like that - at least you can use all the power you can get. I have turned up my boinc-client from a 50% limit on CPU to 80%, we'll see if this will result in noticable more output during the next days ;-)

let us know how it goes .. I've also been curious about whether the 'dedicated cores' on my Netcup RS are exactly that and whether I could run 90% avg utilisation without penalty .. (even though my RS currently spends 50% of its cycles idle)

• @mehargags said:

@didtav said:

Try to escalate the issue to another rep/manager. If you do not live in EU you don't need to pay VAT. I have a server with them without VAT. Sometimes the holiday replacement new comers are not much informed.

I met this problem too, and two of their staff insist that I should pay the VAT if I'm a private user.

• @ayukas said:

I met this problem too, and two of their staff insist that I should pay the VAT if I'm a private user.

that's simply what the german law requires them to do. it depends on the location where the service is fulfilled, which in this case is germany, so all (private) customers have to pay VAT. it's like you come visit germany and buy something in a local store... you would have to pay german VAT too.

exceptions from VAT are only possible for business customers, which for sure need to prove being a legal business (e.g. via valid VAT ID within europe).

so it should not be about their holiday replacements knowledge but about a legal business complying to their country's law ;-)

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @Falzo said:

@ayukas said:

that's simply what the german law requires them to do. it depends on the location where the service is fulfilled, which in this case is germany, so all (private) customers have to pay VAT. it's like you come visit germany and buy something in a local store... you would have to pay german VAT too.

exceptions from VAT are only possible for business customers, which for sure need to prove being a legal business (e.g. via valid VAT ID within europe).

so it should not be about their holiday replacements knowledge but about a legal business complying to their country's law ;-)

But when I'm leaving the country, I can always get the tax refund through global blue or similar things/services, is just because I wasn't a resident there, right?
    Seriously, Hetzner is also a Germany company, and they removed my VAT after I scanned my passport to them. So is the Hetzner handling this removal incorrectly or is there any legal difference in different Bundeslaender des Deutschland? :)

• @ayukas said:

@mehargags said:

@didtav said:

have you got your vat removed?

I decide to cancel my order since they don't want to remove VAT from my invoice in anyway even after i sent my id card.

and the 80Mbit/s cap. if I really decided to go with them, I seriously need to transfer some files that depending connection will need more than 15 minutes. I think they will throttle me before I finish the transfer

VAT+80Mbit/s cap = good stopper

I will stay with hetzner

• @didtav said:

@ayukas said:

@mehargags said:

@didtav said:

have you got your vat removed?

I decide to cancel my order since they don't want to remove VAT from my invoice in anyway even after i sent my id card.

and the 80Mbit/s cap. if I really decided to go with them, I seriously need to transfer some files that depending connection will need more than 15 minutes. I think they will throttle me before I finish the transfer

VAT+80Mbit/s cap = good stopper

I will stay with hetzner

Not yet, but I told them to redirect my ticket to their supervisor, let's see how it will work out.
    Of course I'll stay with hetzner, I've been staying with them for nearly 2 years. xD

• ZweiTiger said:

Support said its dedicated cores not threads.

That is implausible. Even dedicated threads is implausible.

Falzo said: it depends on the location where the service is fulfilled, which in this case is germany, so all (private) customers have to pay VAT.

I'm a little confused about what happened here. Is ayukas in Germany or gave a German address? If yes the VAT is understandable. I signed up with Hetzner with a US address and don't get charged VAT. I'd hope netcup would do the same.

• @willie said:

ZweiTiger said:

Support said its dedicated cores not threads.

That is implausible. Even dedicated threads is implausible.

Falzo said: it depends on the location where the service is fulfilled, which in this case is germany, so all (private) customers have to pay VAT.

I'm a little confused about what happened here. Is ayukas in Germany or gave a German address? If yes the VAT is understandable. I signed up with Hetzner with a US address and don't get charged VAT. I'd hope netcup would do the same.

Of course I'm not an EU citizen and I sign up with my country address, otherwise I won't try to mess up with this VAT thing.

They(netcup) issued me an invoice with the VAT included and I raise a ticket asking about how their VAT removal procedure works, then they told me I must pay the VAT if I am a foreign private user.

The first staff is just not that good at English and I told him to write in German because I can read German, then he says something like "You should pay the VAT because it replaces your local consumption taxes...blahblah".

And I said it usually doesn't work this way. Because I'm not buying a local product, I'm buying the product outside EU. How much taxes I should pay is determined by my local custom, not the foreign manufacture/service provider. And these kind of small amount (~20 EUR) won't be charge any tax in most of country.

Then my ticket was handled by another guy with better English, and here's his reply:
    "Dear ABC,

thank you for your reply.

In the following cases we can remove VAT:

• You are a company from within the EU and provide us with a VAT ID.
    • You are a company not from within the EU and ask us to remove VAT.

Since you are a private customer ordering not from within the EU, we will have to charge you German VAT. Thank you for your understanding."

I replied with:
    "Is that your company's policy or any laws in Germany says this way?
    Because I never been charged any VAT from every EU hosting company I used or I'm using, this is the first time for a hosing company telling me the VAT can't be removed."

Then I ask him to redirect my ticket to his supervisor and I'm still waiting for their updates.

• Ok,
    I just dbl checked, I'm signed up with them as a Company... they might not issue a VAT exemption to individuals. Still doesn't hurt to escalate and have a chance.

• @ayukas said:

>

Since you are a private customer ordering not from within the EU, we will have to charge you German VAT. Thank you for your understanding."

I replied with:
    "Is that your company's policy or any laws in Germany says this way?

As I said above, that's simply the german law. It's called Umsatzsteuergesetz and you might want to read the paragraph 1 and 3 about the place of fulfillment which decides about the need to charge VAT depending on the customer being another business or not and their location.

if you sign up as a business I am pretty sure they'll ask you for proof on that. Can't reliably tell how hetzner handles this, yet they are responsible for declaring their taxes the right way and in any kind of testing through the authorities they need to prove they checked on the customers status... I doubt just an ID suffices in that case to show you're a business customer.

Anyways if you are unlucky with how they handle this you should simply choose another provider, that's how it goes... at least you'll be able to cancel your order without costs.

Probably don't await an answer from their sales/billing before tuesday, christmas is calling ;-)

• Falzo said: place of fulfillment

Well what exactly is the place of fulfillment? Is it where the server is? Where the hosting company is? Or is it where the customer is?

Hetzner has a German flag icon at the top of its pages, and when you click it, it shows a bunch of other national flags and country names, so you can pick what country you are located in. That sets the appropriate language, and also changes the prices to include or not include VAT depending on the country. I never had to do anything special to not pay EU VAT. They figured it out from my ordering address.

Hmm, it just now occurs to me, the US passport scan they had me send might have had something to do with documenting the tax exemption. I had thought that it was just to slow down ordering fraud. Shrug.