Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndRadio
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndRadio

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hi!

@jkr1711 sponsored me with a VPS AND a Domain: lowendradio.com for the well, you can guess it, the LowEndRadio

This will be a community radio, so i will add ALL the songs (it doesn't matter what genre it is) you guys submit :)
Post you're favourite Low End Song right here or send me a PM with either the YouTube link or the direct link to the .mp3 file

I'm also looking for someone who is willing to design the website for the LowEndRadio,

The radio will be online within 1 week!

Comments

• oh no....

• To avoid copyright problems, I will record my favorite songs using my own voice and upload to your servers

• @jcaleb you need written permission from your wife for this, when you get married your voice and everything else belongs to her ;-)

• @jcaleb this is legal, as i'm not letting people download the MP3 files

• I hope you have a radio license.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@joodle but you are still transmitting the song. Doesn't matter what format it is in.

• Never got a problem with my 2 Radio's :)

• Back when I worked at a radio station we used Loudcity (http://loudcity.com/) to work with our licensing.

Although this was like six years ago, but I'm sure they'll still work with ya.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

http://anasheed.humzabobat.co.uk/mahmoud-alsayad/ya-rab-anta-al7adee.mp3

I think you want to rethink that "ALL", I've got songs much longer than that above, which of course no one here will be interested in at all anyway. But yeah, and don't bother adding that.. just an example of something which is boring (to most people) and long.

• Just have it use some sort of YouTube playlist and stream the content from YouTube.

Something like http://reddit.tv

• FreekFreek Member

I strongly recommend you do not. You are based in The Netherlands, just like me, so I suppose you already know about BREIN/BUMA Stemra right? If they catch you, they will make you pay big bucks.

• @freek guess i'll be doing some research about that first, as i'm 18 now...

• @Freek said: I strongly recommend you do not. You are based in The Netherlands, just like me, so I suppose you already know about BREIN/BUMA Stemra right?

Brein is a fucking joke and buma goes for the big boys, not the small internet radios who dont make a penny vs DJs who charge like €50/hour

• @rds100 said: @jcaleb you need written permission from your wife for this, when you get married your voice and everything else belongs to her ;-)

I will talk to her

• From experience, yes I did run InvertedHost before for those who didn't know (got taken over). Didn't get one complaint to me, not sure about clients themselves but I didn't hear of such events. And these were some pretty large stations consistently hitting 1000 listeners 24/7. Including 2 Dutch Habbo radios which had at least 600 people listening at a time. But I could just've been lucky.

• @jkr1711 said: And these were some pretty large stations consistently hitting 1000 listeners 24/7. Including 2 Dutch Habbo radios which had at least 600 people listening at a time. But I could just've been lucky.

Lucky with those customers :-) Internet radios arent really taken care of except for Germany

• I doubt that all the people who buy Low End Boxes will like the same music though.

• @jkr1711 you sold it to jDown LLC. or something right? I keep using my service with InvertedHost. Updating to Centovacast 3.

• @alterach True; but I'll leave joodle to his own devices. I had a Free IP + space on a server I wasn't going to use so why not. As for the domain, $9 isn't much in the grand scheme of things and if it makes just one person happy; that's all I care about :)

• @alterarch said: I doubt that all the people who buy Low End Boxes will like the same music though.

Theoretically you could throw in DJs, each with their own genre, each with their own programming hour.

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited April 2013

@DestroyeRCo Yes jDownj LLC in Florida. How are things running over there? I was talking to Nathan (the owner) the other day and he was talking about Centova v3 and some other secret plans that I shouldn't reveal ;-) (You'll learn soon enough).

• @joodle said: @jcaleb this is legal, as i'm not letting people download the MP3 files

I didn't know that rule. Just mp3 or also ogg acceptable?

• Oh must we have everything lowend?

Where are the lowend lawyers?

• Just make a TurnTable.fm room, I'm on TurnTable all the time anyhow.

http://turntable.fm

• WoopWoop Member
    edited April 2013

@MannDude said: Just make a TurnTable.fm room, I'm on TurnTable all the time anyhow.

April Fools?

• @Woop said: April Fools?

Huh? Not here yet.

TurnTable.fm is pretty popular. Create a room, 5 DJ spots you get to play one song and the next person plays one. Great way to discover new music socially. I usually use it to chit-chat with some buddies since we all live in different cities now and we listen to music. Since I work from home, I have music playing most of the time. It's always from TunTable.

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited April 2013

@MannDude

We're very sorry, but while we would love to let you in and rock out with us, we need to currently restrict turntable access to only the United States due to licensing constraints. (From TurnTable)

• edited April 2013

@jkr1711 said: We're very sorry, but while we would love to let you in and rock out with us, we need to currently restrict turntable access to only the United States due to licensing constraints. (From TurnTable)

VPN :D

I just created http://turntable.fm/lowendmusic and can get a bot created to chill in the room with a queue loaded. If no one is DJing the bot can take over and play songs, otherwise it will auto-stepdown after two 'real' DJs get up on stage.

And I hate the term DJ as it implies shitty club music, really though play anything.

• @joodle like to see it Get codin'!