Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

time4vps is down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

time4vps is down

Comments

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

@jvnadr said:
    @allXunder So, you opened a LET thread because of 10 minutes of downtime (the time that you opened the thread, with total downtime at the end ~30 minutes). And that, for a very cheap service!

Very cheap services doesn't mean downtime for 28min, I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for free.

• Jorbox said: I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for free.

If you cannot handle 28 minutes of downtime you are doing it wrong. Make a backup / failover plan.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

@rds100 said:
    If you cannot handle 28 minutes of downtime you are doing it wrong. Make a backup / failover plan.

Why not them make backup/failover for their servers,, its vps not ditecated server!!

• @jorbox every service goes down once in a while, even one that is advertised as "cloud with HA" - i.e. Amazon and the like. If your life is going to be ruined because there will be some 28 minutes of downtime once every months, you better have a backup plan yourself.

• Jorbox said: Very cheap services doesn't mean downtime for 28min, I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for free.

Really? You pay peanutes and you expect the moon? Even if in all provider's SLA, you will find guarantee uptime ~99,5%, witch is mutch more than 30 minutes per month. So, Time4VPS is absolutelly OK!
    Now, about your hosting capabilities: they are simply not existing! That would be OK, if you was not trying to look like an expert... It's YOUR responsibility to create backups, it's YOUR responsibility to have failover plans if your services are so critical that you cannot allow even a half an hour downtime.
    Those plans costing $$$$$. Not 1/4$. Even if you rent servers from AWS or Azure, you maybe will face downtime exept if you setup a fail over infrastructure.

Jorbox said: Why not them make backup/failover for their servers,, its vps not ditecated server!!

A VPS is in face something like a dedicated server. Instead of having the cost of a whole node, you take a slice of the node for lower price. It has nothing to do with failover, backups, handling, management etc. The only difference is that you share some recources with others.
    If you need a managed service, this could be done either in a dedicated server or a vps.
    If you treat your vps expecting that others will do the job YOU have to do, then, you will face some unpleasant surprises soon... But, please, don't come later to LET to bash your provider or cry because you lost critical data.

• And now there will probably be no candy in future.

Expectations management , people!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

gleert said: I would prefer they only said sorry and not offer anything or offer something that makes sense.

Sorry, because? When you grabed services from them, did you bother to even look at theor TOS and SLA?
    Let me help you:
    https://www.time4vps.eu/tos/

8. Service Level Agreement (SLA)  
    Our commitment is to guarantee yearly service availability of 99.95%.  
    8.1 Uptime guarantee applies to:  
        Internet connection channel availability;  
        Server hardware and virtualization platform availability.  

8.3 In the unlikely event that we experience a network or hardware failure, we will credit your account with one day of service for every hour of downtime.

I suppose a 30 minutes downtime is covered by their SLA. So, why should you expect an apology or something more than they offered, when they fulfill their obligations described in their SLA?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@gleert said:
    @MrGeneral same here... "we can add 1 day for each server or 5 days to a single instance"... I wouldn't even call this candy, for me it's more like sand. I would prefer they only said sorry and not offer anything or offer something that makes sense.

None of my clients noticed the downtime which was minimum. I'm thankful for the candy. Look at their prices. If you want top reliability go with an HA setup at Rackspace or Softlayer.. :P

• @rds100 said:

Jorbox said: I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for free.

If you cant handle downtime you should be using anycast failover between datacenters, on clustered hardware. Or at least multiple redundant servers on anycast. Not a single instance of an LEB VPS. Look up HP NonStop - companies pay millions for that shit.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@gleert said:
    Depends how many VPSes you have with them.... They have made me a good offer, so I am happy now!

What offer?

• Jorbox said: Very cheap services doesn't mean downtime for 28min, I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for

I agree with you. I cant live with 2 minute downtime too.

Thanked by 2jvnadr simonindia
  • @tommy said:

Jorbox said: Very cheap services doesn't mean downtime for 28min, I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for

I agree with you. I cant live with 2 minute downtime too.

The stuff paypal disputes are made of?

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2016

@mycosys said:
    If you cant handle downtime you should be using anycast failover between datacenters, on clustered hardware. Or at least multiple redundant servers on anycast. Not a single instance of an LEB VPS. Look up HP NonStop - companies pay millions for that shit.

or ovh cloud vps !

• @jvnadr said:
    Let me help you:
    https://www.time4vps.eu/tos/

8. Service Level Agreement (SLA)  
    Our commitment is to guarantee yearly service availability of 99.95%.  
    8.1 Uptime guarantee applies to:  
        Internet connection channel availability;  
        Server hardware and virtualization platform availability.  

the other way round: 0.05% of non-availability equals ~ 263 minutes or about four and half hour of SLA covered downtime per year.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Jorbox said: or ovh cloud vps !

You don't have a clue about what is a cloud vps...
    With every new comment you post, you show the world your ignorance... Sigh

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

nevermind, I did wrong maths

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

The facepalm is strong within this thread. Ignore I must. Crazy I otherwise get.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • @jvnadr said:

How you know I don't know what is cloud vps !
    are you the only one in the world that know what is cloud vps !
    be nice or I will report your comments.

• Jorbox said: I will report your comments

Please, do! Please!

• @Jorbox said:
    @jvnadr said:

How you know I don't know what is cloud vps !
    are you the only one in the world that know what is cloud vps !
    be nice or I will report your comments.

I think he has already read his own comment, but the rest of the mod time might enjoy laughing at you.
    (note that thing next to his name - that might have been a clue).

And a cloudvps is commonly clustered hardware btw, so that would be one step, depending on the impolimentation (scaleway for instance afaik has no data redunancy, not even RAID) now you just need the datapath and network redundancy.

• @Jorbox said:

ttp://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201603_2357_ecgbb_sm.jpg)

Very cheap services doesn't mean downtime for 28min, I cannot handle 28min downtime even if the server was for free.

If you really need something with five nines guaranteed, you are going to be paying prices well, well above what any host that posts offers on a hosting forum will charge you

• @texteditor my friend I'm not talking about five nines but half an hour of downtime without telling the customer is a problem, its my opinion if the same half hour divided by minute's will be ok. But we are talking about the continues downtime, even their main site down

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2016

@Jorbox said:

you really should leave those provider. they're definitely not the one that deserves to need to deal with you as a customer.

• @Falzo You are right , Thank you

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Jorbox said: half an hour of downtime without telling the customer is a problem

Hello,

when such problem as global network outage happen there is still few communication channels monitored and we can answer your requests: Twitter, Facebook. We do reply as soon as we can with full brief about problem and it's resolution.

Such incidents may be disturbing and not what you expect, but it happens. Be assured that after such global events we do everything we can to avoid similar incidents in the future.

• I have services with both Prometeus and Time4VPS. Indeed both had some downtimes; Prometeus for migration to the new DC and T4V for past network issue but at all both have good uptime and i am fine with them.

• @Jorbox said:
    @texteditor my friend I'm not talking about five nines but half an hour of downtime without telling the customer is a problem, its my opinion if the same half hour divided by minute's will be ok. But we are talking about the continues downtime, even their main site down

Stop being a tool. 28 minutes is nothing. Go for a number 2 and its back online. If it was 12 hours your mood would be acceptable but 28 minutes for a extremely low price service is really good. Grow up or even better as Falzo says move on, I'd be happier as a customer if you went somewhere else :)

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • @elofty
    I already left time4vps because 28m is worthing for me.
    But Who told you that cheap mean week ?, arubacloud servers for 1euro and its up from 5 months!!
    Btw if you cannot stay online tell your costumers or don't open such business.

• @Jorbox My hosting is critical so I use local suppliers. time4vps in my opinion are more of a backup provider (at least their storage vps's are anyway) I do host dns on one of their normal vps's and that box is more solid than any other of my leb dns providers.

Your at as much risk from 28m downtime from Arubacloud as anyone else as it was a routing issue, it can and often does happen everywhere else, thats why you never see anyone offering 100%. You have to remember this outage was unplanned, and outside office hours.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

28 minutes is nothing. You can find information about reputable data center downtimes for days, not just for minutes. LOL.

This discussion has been closed.