Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I care that a provider lied to me about what disks they used? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should I care that a provider lied to me about what disks they used?

2»

Comments

• I've avoided barracudas for many years. Only seagate disk I trust is their video/pipeline range for servers

• tamicrealotamicrealo Member
    edited September 2016

based on commercial law, his offer is misleading you on the specific HDD you like. example: wd hdd just simply makes you happy while others don't, that was why you purchased.
    However the amount is not sufficient, you can sue him on this, but with no compensation, no outcome.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:

@mikho said:
    I only use WD green. ;()

I used to have a WD green VPS node a few years back, they are actually not bad drives at all if a little slow.

Use them in my server @ home.
    Not a single problem in 7 years.
    Probably should upgrade the hardware soon.

• @mikho said:

@linuxthefish said:

@mikho said:
    I only use WD green. ;()

I used to have a WD green VPS node a few years back, they are actually not bad drives at all if a little slow.

Use them in my server @ home.
    Not a single problem in 7 years.
    Probably should upgrade the hardware soon.

Likewise since Samsung were bought out, so mix of samsung 2T and larger WD and a 32GB sandisk ssd for /. No RAID, so only the one/s needed spin up, less noise and heat, and i prefer physical redundancy anyway - anything i care about is backed up.
    Havent lost one of either myself in years, Wish i could say the same for samsung.
    Tho i Just grabbed a HPe ML10 v2 for $150US , so did just upgrade lol.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tamicrealo said: However the amount is not sufficient, you can sue him on this, but with no compensation, no outcome.

haha, I would love to see that case put in front of a lawyer hahahaha.

You have to give them the opportunity to make it right, what they have given you would be considered by any expert an equivalent drive, if they are refusing to swap it on request or give you back your money then that is a different matter.