Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtEngine Cloud Platform - Launching VM Demo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtEngine Cloud Platform - Launching VM Demo

13»

Comments

• @tragic said:

@DETio said:

tragic said: Curiosity but why Ember and Ruby for the front end?

EmberJS as it is a powerful front-end framework & Ruby due to it's ability to bootstrap development.

Ah, cool. How are you liking Ember so far? It's one of the MV* frameworks I haven't used.

We find Ember & Aurelia to be the best frameworks out there. Angular does lack in some aspects compared to them.

Aurelia is simpler than ember to get into, but ember is quite powerful.

Check out this comparison

• @DETio

Yeah, I'm familiar with some of them. Will check that out sometime later. I'm a huge fan of React and building the next version of our site with it. Have you guys looked into it / considered it at all?

• @tragic said:
    @DETio

Yeah, I'm familiar with some of them. Will check that out sometime later. I'm a huge fan of React and building the next version of our site with it. Have you guys looked into it / considered it at all?

React doesn't integrate quite well with jquery / 3rd party plugins so its a huge no no for us - meaning you have to rewrite lots of code. On Top of that we need a framework that is all in one and not only handles our view.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @DETio said:

@tragic said:
    @DETio

React doesn't integrate quite well with jquery / 3rd party plugins so its a huge no no for us - meaning you have to rewrite lots of code. On Top of that we need a framework that is all in one and not only handles our view.

You're spot on about the jQuery / 3rd party plugins. Either way, awesome convo. :)

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited September 2016

Interesting project, is custom KVM config supported?

For instance I have a VM that has some passthrough disks and thus HAS to be on that node, that and my proxmox hosts are more for personal use anyway and migrating might be to much of a headache... (just thinking it would be nice to have a single pane of glass for managing them)

• DETioDETio Member
    edited September 2016

dragon2611 said: Interesting project, is custom KVM config supported?

For instance I have a VM that has some passthrough disks and thus HAS to be on that node, that and my proxmox hosts are more for personal use anyway and migrating might be to much of a headache... (just thinking it would be nice to have a single pane of glass for managing them)

V1.0

VirtEngine can be used for production, this is EST by November 1st 2016

V1.5

We are building migration tools at high priority for any KVM machines to be imported into OpenNebula / VirtEngine automatically which includes SolusVM/OnApp/Virtualizor automatically through our launcher. Which means you can also install our software on-top of your Compute nodes and import the VM's into VirtEngine.

This is EST by February/March 2017

V2.0

Yes we will be eventually supporting multi clouds such as:
    CloudStack
    Proxmox
    OpenStack

We will also offer AWS/DigitalOcean/Azure/Google Cloud Platform migration for the end-user, so the user will be able to import their profile from these companies and migrate any VM from there.

• Okay, I will be a customer of the company who is providing this first :D

Looking really nice, some parts remind me of DO or Vultr though...

• @Multi said:
    Okay, I will be a customer of the company who is providing this first :D

Looking really nice, some parts remind me of DO or Vultr though...

Thanks for your feedback :)

• Did this get released on the 1st November?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@zafouhar said:
    Did this get released on the 1st November?

Nope

• @trewq said:

@zafouhar said:

Nope

Oh well, failed before they even started

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@zafouhar said:

@trewq said:

@zafouhar said:

Nope

Oh well, failed before they even started

According to @DETio it's still going to be released.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Marketing done by the same people as NMS XD

• Hey @Trewq,

We're just updating our Documentation as we speak (sneakpeak)

We'll also be releasing our new website later today, along with our new documentation, and a private beta demo where anyone can request a demo from our site.

• pbgben said: NMS XD

Not familiar with this acronym or what you're referring to.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

DETio said: We're just updating our Documentation as we speak (sneakpeak)

We'll also be releasing our new website later today, along with our new documentation, and a private beta demo where anyone can request a demo from our site.

Yes, but when it is actually going to be released, your now +2 weeks over your initial release date and have not issued a new release date yet?

SolusVM v2 Beta is coming in the next 2 weeks according to their commercial manager Alistair.

Thanked by 2Foul zafouhar
  • pbgben said: Marketing done by the same people as NMS XD

Yup, Marketing in every single thread on LET with a date that was failed to be promised on.

Logic

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

AnthonySmith said: Yes, but when it is actually going to be released, your now +2 weeks over your initial release date and have not issued a new release date yet?

SolusVM v2 Beta is coming in the next 2 weeks according to their commercial manager Alistair.

Sorry for the stall, we plan on starting to onboard clients soon. We're on final stages of testing, most testing has already been done regarding the opensource side of things (Launching Applications, Launching & Managing VM's, Monitoring VM's, etc.) & Is very stable.

Currently we're testing our Automated Installer project, and Billing related features to ensure that critical bugs are cleared before release.

Thus we are releasing our Private Cloud opensource edition first (since testing is complete), followed by our Public Cloud minified/complete edition shortly thereafter.

DETio said: shortly thereafter.

• @AnthonySmith said:

DETio said: shortly thereafter.

We're all doomed with solus lol. Det is never going to get anywhere.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

Foul said: We're all doomed with solus lol. Det is never going to get anywhere.

I guarantee you that is not the case, it is our highest priority to get a release out. Patience is key, I can definitely assure everyone that the date is sometime before SolusVM's v2 Beta - when exactly, I'm unsure as it can be as close as this week.

It mostly depends on testing results, so far so good. We just don't want to push an incomplete product to our potential clients.

DETio said: I guarantee you that is not the case

Go on then, lets say if its not released by the end of November you wont post another thing about it until it is released, no coming soon, no predicted dates, nothing, just silence.

• AnthonySmith said: Go on then, lets say if its not released by the end of November you wont post another thing about it until it is released, no coming soon, no predicted dates, nothing, just silence.

Sounds good

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Indeed, it looks like it aswell - there's definitely something going on at SolusVM so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do get SolusVM v2 released within the next two weeks or at most within 2016.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited November 2016

zafouhar said: Indeed, it looks like it aswell - there's definitely something going on at SolusVM so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do get SolusVM v2 released within the next two weeks or at most within 2016.

Competition is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if new contenders entering the market such as VirtEngine ( soon ), Fleio, VirtKick actually got things running in SolusVM v2 progress.

• @DETio said:

zafouhar said: Indeed, it looks like it aswell - there's definitely something going on at SolusVM so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do get SolusVM v2 released within the next two weeks or at most within 2016.

Competition is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if new contenders entering the market such as VirtEngine ( soon ), Fleio, VirtKick actually got things running in SolusVM v2 progress.

Competition is always good, and a great sign for the market.

Best of luck!

Thanked by 1DETio
  • @tragic said:
    @DETio

I'm a huge fan of React and building the next version of our site with it. Have you guys looked into it / considered it at all?

@DETio said:
    On Top of that we need a framework that is all in one and not only handles our view.

That's a very big point. Ember is an opinionated framework that covers the whole app dev cycle while with React it's your responsibility to choose and glue.