Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share Some Fun bugs in WHMCS 5.2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Share Some Fun bugs in WHMCS 5.2

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited March 2013 in General

Cancellations Can not be uncancelled

Cancelation reason always say end of billing period no matter what customer says

If you mess with next due date and use format of m/dd/yyyy, instead of mm/dd/yyyy yyyy becomes 00xx not 20xx.. 2 thousand year old client is terminated

On SolusVM Mass vps orders of 3 or more, some of the VPS next due dates are the date ordered instead of a month out.

Amazon Payments are broken due to new token in WHMCS

Comments

• @FRCorey said: Cancelation reason always say end of billing period no matter what customer says

I noticed this too, the correct reason is in the email confirmation

• This is why you never upgrade production systems to the latest version until it's tried and tested. It needs a test environment to run through all the test cases.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2013

Unfortunately the dev license doesn't allow testing everything.

Well, at least the dev license is free.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

Version: 5.1.4
    An update is available! <-- No thank you.

Its not like me and others didn't warn people against using the new version, just roll back :)

• @GetKVM_Ash at least upgrade to 5.1.5

• When you open up a WHMCS file, it's filled with loads of jumble so you can't fix their stuff.

Oh wait, that's not a bug.

• @MrAndroid said: Oh wait, that's not a bug.

bug: a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan.

I call it a defect and an imperfection, so I'd say its a bug :P

• @rds100 said: @GetKVM_Ash at least upgrade to 5.1.5

And that came out when? Was that another ninja release by WHMCS..

• @GetKVM_Ash yeah, it's a bugfix of the bugfix of the bugfix of the bugfix.
    At least they used a new version number this time.

• @rds100 said: @GetKVM_Ash yeah, it's a bugfix of the bugfix of the bugfix of the bugfix.

At least they used a new version number this time.

Thanks for the heads up, if LET members didn't inform people about WHMCS releases nobody would know they existed. Here's to a pain free upgrade, hopefully.

• WHMCS 5.1.5 is only a small bugfix release, announced over their blog or so. But it works very well after the release chaos.

• edited March 2013

@rds100 is 5.1.5 working OK? :)

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation @fileMEDIA, I'm upgrading then :) With all the upgrade fiasco I just stayed with 5.1.4 all this time.

• @George_Fusioned said: EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation @fileMEDIA, I'm upgrading then :) With all the upgrade fiasco I just stayed with 5.1.4 all this time.

+1. You can go first, hit me up with the results :P

• @George_Fusioned yes, 5.1.5 seems to be working fine for me.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: +1. You can go first, hit me up with the results :P

I'll let you know after 24h :D

• CoreyCorey Member

As far as I knew, if you didn't upgrade to the latest versions you ran the risk of some script kiddie running a script and compromising your WHMCS along with everyone else that didn't upgrade.

• 5.1.5 Working here.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@FRCorey said: Cancellations Can not be uncancelled

How so?

• @Corey said: As far as I knew, if you didn't upgrade to the latest versions you ran the risk of some script kiddie running a script and compromising your WHMCS along with everyone else that didn't upgrade.

Not if you have already patched the existing install.

• CoreyCorey Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: Not if you have already patched the existing install.

I didn't know they offered patches for the old versions.

• I like some of the new features in the new release. At first I was a little iffy about the new ticket interface on the Admin side, but it's grown on me. They UN-hid some of the handy things like department and assignment. Also, flagged tickets are SEPERATE now.

• LukeTLukeT Member

I suppose I was the unlucky one who received the incorrect order date when I ordered 4 VPS's with @FRCorey >_>

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I wonder when WHMCS will learn about the concept of a "hotfix".

Something about version control and not releasing features until they are done...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Bugs in every WHMCS version.

1. If you change next due date and charge fees for changing a due date then whmcs will create 2 invoice in every billing cycle

2. Subscription issue: Sometimes whmcs does not mark invoice as a paid invoice even If customer have a enough balance(What is use of subscription If you need to manually add credits to your invoice)

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited March 2013

WHMCS 5.2.3 is out, what whmcs give us today? Don´t try it :) http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=70630

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@FRCorey :

Case #1908 - Fix for cancellation request reason being overwritten by type, and type always being set to End of Billing Period

• ^ list seems to be getting bigger everytime, wonder what's broke on .3

• somebody test it as let us know if your production site works! then I will think about it.

• 5.2.3 fixes a lot of bugs we have and man a lot of bugs I did not even know about. I could swear the last set of releases were not so bad, but this is incompetent they dont even test core functionality.