Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtWire Global is shutting down?! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtWire Global is shutting down?!

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

@Jarry said:
    If I had solus l/p here with me, I'd do it. But I do not keep it always with me and I'm not gonna drive 100km just to retrieve it, so it has to wait till the end of weekend...

This post is to archive the above post.

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy netomx
  • @davidgestiondbi Are your NAT VPS in NJ with Choopa? :)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@BBTN said:
    @davidgestiondbi Are your NAT VPS in NJ with Choopa? :)

We use the same datacenter as Choopa; Dupont Fabros.

Regards, David

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

We are still removing the old ips, and setting solusvm/whmcs integration, our main aim was to get people online first, so far many have opened a ticket and we resolved their issues.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • BBTNBBTN Member
    edited October 2016

@HostSailor said:

Network outside the subnet not working for me, but I wont stress you with a ticket, yet! Thanks for all the effort! - And best regards towards Ryan if you're in contact with him in any way.

edited October 2016

@BBTN said:

@HostSailor said:

Network outside the subnet not working for me, but I wont stress you with a ticket, yet! Thanks for all the effort! - And best regards towards Ryan if you're in contact with him in any way.

Please contact us, we're going to fix it for you manually, its in relation to the old ips and new ips, we're still removing the old IPS, so just submit a ticket and they'll do it for you right away.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • i saw my znc running from my old nl vps but i cannot accessed vps ,

@add_iT said:
    i saw my znc running from my old nl vps but i cannot accessed vps ,

Please write our support, they have been working around the clock to assist VirtWire NL users.

• @HostSailor said:
    Please write our support, they have been working around the clock to assist VirtWire NL users.

But i saw on my client area i do not have any service

are all user has not be set up yet?

• @HostSailor: Like add_iT, I also don't see my services in the client area, nor have I received SolusVM login information. Is the transition still in progress (so you're aware of cases like add_iT's and mine), or does one have to open a ticket for this?

• @angstrom: I wrote them about this a while back. They said they are aware of that and working on integration into the client area and the control panel, but don't have an ETA right now.
    However, you should have got a mail quite some time ago, that contains your new IP address. Did you try using that one to SSH to your server? Mine is working just fine.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Bochi said: I wrote them about this a while back. They said they are aware of that and working on integration into the client area and the control panel, but don't have an ETA right now.

Thanks. Okay, so it's a general issue that HostSailor is aware of.

Bochi said: However, you should have got a mail quite some time ago, that contains your new IP address. Did you try using that one to SSH to your server? Mine is working just fine.

Yes, indeed, I received the new IP addresses (two servers in my case), the servers are working, and I can reach them.

@add_iT said:

@HostSailor said:

But i saw on my client area i do not have any service

are all user has not be set up yet?

We have setup everyone already a long time ago, SolusVM and WHMCS are still in progress, an email will be sent once they are fully integrated. You can still request assistance via our 24/7 support department, we offer managed support.

@angstrom said:
    @HostSailor: Like add_iT, I also don't see my services in the client area, nor have I received SolusVM login information. Is the transition still in progress (so you're aware of cases like add_iT's and mine), or does one have to open a ticket for this?

As mentioned above, we have information on our end who's using which IP, just open a ticket from the support area, we attend to them promptly around the clock, sorry its taking time, we had to prioritize first getting everyone online, now we're working on the accessories and what not.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@trewq said:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Ohh! bad news. I don't know why peoples start company without any good business plan.

Savage man.

Oh, I forget to correct spelling of peoples. Recently, One of best and nice LET member advice me to do not write peoples. Write people because of "people" is plural.

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@trewq said:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Ohh! bad news. I don't know why peoples start company without any good business plan.

Savage man.

Oh, I forget to correct spelling of peoples. Recently, One of best and nice LET member advice me to do not write peoples. Write people because of "people" is plural.

With the kind of stuff that you post, it is easy to look past the typos, spelling and grammatical errors and attribute all of that to grey matter deficiency.

Stay cool. No one is judging you.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said:

@trewq said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

Savage man.

Wasn't about your grammar or spelling man. It was about the content.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@trewq said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

@trewq said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

Savage man.

Wasn't about your grammar or spelling man. It was about the content.

I was post comment on my grammar, not on "Savage man".

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • Hi there guys!
    I wonder if someone can help \ advice me .
    I had a BVZ VPS in ATLANTA - BVZ1024ATL .The server is still showing as ACTIVE in "My Products & Services" but I can not do anything with it , Control Panel is inaccessible .
    Maybe somehow I can extract my data back? Or someone for extra charge can help ?
    Thanks y'all

• pesich said: Control Panel is inaccessible. Maybe somehow I can extract my data back?

What do you need the control panel for? If the server is active, can you not log in with SSH?

• pesich said: I had a BVZ VPS in ATLANTA - BVZ1024ATL .The server is still showing as ACTIVE in "My Products & Services" but I can not do anything with it , Control Panel is inaccessible .

Same issue here. My assumption is that ATL is forever lost. :-(

By the way, if I may ask, how do you access the billing panel? (evobilling.com no longer works.)

• I can login only to http://my.virtwire.com (https is not working)
    here,in the Services I can see:
    Active BVZ1024ATL MyDomName $10.00USD Annually 07/04/2017
    with Options:
    Management
    Rebuild
    Control Panel
    Console
    Request Cancellation
    But I can no do anything =\
    As well I posted a ticket to QuickPlanet , but as expected they are cannot assist me
    https://www.quickpacket.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=590184&c=dDYlofeX

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • The server is gone, yet you seem really focused on the fact that you see the word "active" somewhere. lol

• Ole_Juul said: The server is gone, yet you seem really focused on the fact that you see the word "active" somewhere. lol

I'm not sure what your point is.

Like pesich, I see all of my (three) servers marked "active" in the billing panel, but it's a fact that two of them -- those located in NL -- have been transferred to HostSailor. So what does "active" mean for these two servers? They're no longer hosted by VirtWire.

As for my one server at ATL (also marked "active" in the billing panel), I haven't been able to reach it for a number of weeks now. (And no, ssh no longer works.) So what does "active" mean in this case? As I said, my assumption is that ATL is forever lost.

In sum, the fact that VirtWire's billing panel still indicates that certain servers are "active" doesn't seem to say anything about whether the servers are up or reachable.

• pesich said: I can login only to http://my.virtwire.com (https is not working) here,in the Services I can see: Active BVZ1024ATL MyDomName $10.00USD Annually 07/04/2017 with Options: Management Rebuild Control Panel Console Request Cancellation But I can no do anything =\ As well I posted a ticket to QuickPlanet , but as expected they are cannot assist me https://www.quickpacket.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=590184&c=dDYlofeX

Did you try a chargeback via PayPal? I'm afraid that it would be too late now, but if you had tried a couple of weeks ago, you could have at least gotten your money back ...

Otherwise, I'm afraid that nothing can be done. Apparently, there was no new provider willing to take over ATL, so it simply died.

• Thnx all for the replies

• i83i83 Member
    edited October 2016

angstrom said: So what does "active" mean in this case?

That the dropdown in the admin side of the billing system hasn't been updated to cancelled/terminated nor has an automated cancellation/termination ran yet.

Its purely a cosmetic feature, as opposed to those built into the management screen or similar which may attempt to contact Solus or the panel which shows offline/error etc.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • i83 said: That the dropdown in the admin side of the billing system hasn't been updated to cancelled/terminated nor has an automated cancellation/termination ran yet.

My question was largely rhetorical, but I appreciate your reply nevertheless. :-)

@pesich said:
    Hi there guys!
    I wonder if someone can help \ advice me .
    I had a BVZ VPS in ATLANTA - BVZ1024ATL .The server is still showing as ACTIVE in "My Products & Services" but I can not do anything with it , Control Panel is inaccessible .
    Maybe somehow I can extract my data back? Or someone for extra charge can help ?
    Thanks y'all

We wanted to take over the US users to help them out, but Ryan did not share this information with us, as a matter of fact he said he found a new US based home, we'd be very sad if he did not find a home for them and they just got lost with the closure, its hard getting intouch with him since the take over, I'm very sorry for the issues you are facing with the US segment of VirtWire, we only took over the NL users as part of our agreement with the.

• Any eta on when the servers will be added to your client panel? As of yet it still shows no active services.

• Are all user allready got their vps yet?