Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtWire Global is shutting down?! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtWire Global is shutting down?!

Comments

• @HostSailor said:
    Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire, please note that we have had to lease a few /24's from a third party to help you get your service back up, we do not have enough IP pool to accomodate everyone on our own network, therefore we're fixing the mess, slowly you will get emailed your whmcs details followed by your new IP address, and in a matter of time everything will get back to normal.

>

So when renewal comes, can we also renew at the same pricing structure or will you drop the unsustainable plans?

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

@joeri said:

@HostSailor said:
    Hi everyone! we're trying to fix the mess left behind, we paid all bills to the NL provider to keep the server online, but sadly the IP provider terminated the contract for unpaid bills and for being unable to get hold of Ryan, rest assured we're looking after you. We are now migrating the NL users to our WHMCS, and solusvm.

Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire, please note that we have had to lease a few /24's from a third party to help you get your service back up, we do not have enough IP pool to accomodate everyone on our own network, therefore we're fixing the mess, slowly you will get emailed your whmcs details followed by your new IP address, and in a matter of time everything will get back to normal.

Do understand that we're doing this out of goodwill, we know what downtime means and we did not let down a help request from VirtWire to take over all NL users, we're not taking any US clients as we do not service the US as of yet.

If you need help with your NL providers we can help you.

I have almost connections with almost all NL hosting company's and IP brokers.

Thank you very much, we've already got a solid base in the NL, and we solved the provider's problem, however we're now replacing the IP addresses and getting things back up for the clients now, appreciate the gesture.

edited October 2016

@Saragoldfarb said:

@HostSailor said:

>

So when renewal comes, can we also renew at the same pricing structure or will you drop the unsustainable plans?

Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet, our top priority now is getting all our team to work on the migration until everyone is back up, we understand how severe is a downtime, we prefer arranging commercials and what not after customers are back up, but you will get what you paid for till the last day of your lease, that's a promise.

• HostSailor said: Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet, our top priority now is getting all our team to work on the migration until everyone is back up, we understand how severe is a downtime, we prefer arranging commercials and what not after customers are back up, but you will get what you paid for till the last day of your lease, that's a promise.

From one hosting provider without a proper business plan / commercial approach to the next one without one... what could possibly go wrong right??

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

@classy said:

HostSailor said: Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet, our top priority now is getting all our team to work on the migration until everyone is back up, we understand how severe is a downtime, we prefer arranging commercials and what not after customers are back up, but you will get what you paid for till the last day of your lease, that's a promise.

From one hosting provider without a proper business plan / commercial approach to the next one without one... what could possibly go wrong right??

I don't know. If this is legitimate, it's not too dissimilar to how ArchiveTeam operates - grab the shit from the burning building first, worry about what to throw away later. If you don't, there'll be no building left to save once you're done discussing.

Time will tell, I suppose.

EDIT: To be clear - if a business is financially healthy, taking over a small provider like this probably wouldn't be a very big problem no matter how things turn out.

@classy said:

HostSailor said: Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet, our top priority now is getting all our team to work on the migration until everyone is back up, we understand how severe is a downtime, we prefer arranging commercials and what not after customers are back up, but you will get what you paid for till the last day of your lease, that's a promise.

That's kind of you, nice motivation for the free work we doing for people, that's what people get for doing good things now adays.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited October 2016

Mh... Let's see what happens when my VPS gets online. It's just running a sandbox but in general I don't like moves like this. Oh well, at least I get to experience how hostsailor operates. Mixed opinions everywhere so we'll see.

@HostSailor What DC are you in btw?

edited October 2016

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Mh... Let's see what happens when my VPS gets online. It's just running a sandbox but in general I don't like moves like this. Oh well, at least I get to experience how hostsailor operates. Mixed opinions everywhere so we'll see.

@HostSailor What DC are you in btw?

We operate in databarn Capelle for this segment, we also have databarn Amsterdam and M247 in Bucharest.

• @HostSailor What DC are you in btw?

We operate in databarn Capelle for this segment, we also have databarn Amsterdam and M247 in Bucharest.

Cheers. And good luck migrating everyone!

• @HostSailor coupon HS20OFFVPS has been expired?

• @HostSailor coupon HS20OFFVPS has been expired?

• @HostSailor said:
    Hi everyone! we're trying to fix the mess left behind, we paid all bills to the NL provider to keep the server online, but sadly the IP provider terminated the contract for unpaid bills and for being unable to get hold of Ryan, rest assured we're looking after you. We are now migrating the NL users to our WHMCS, and solusvm.

Do understand that we're doing this out of goodwill, we know what downtime means and we did not let down a help request from VirtWire to take over all NL users, we're not taking any US clients as we do not service the US as of yet.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the effort that you're putting in to accommodate someone else's clients, and still going out of the way to sort his mess, while maintaining clear communication.

IMO, you're already doing a way better job.

All the best!

• @HostSailor said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet

Maybe you should think of it now because it might help you as well as us. If you say prices are valid only for the period payed and then go to typical hostsailor-level, some of us might cancel vps right now, and you'd need less IPs...

• @Jarry said:

@HostSailor said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date, we did not think of the commercial side yet

Maybe you should think of it now because it might help you as well as us. If you say prices are valid only for the period payed and then go to typical hostsailor-level, some of us might cancel vps right now, and you'd need less IPs...

I think @HostSailor has been pretty clear about that, and has confirmed that the pricing/ duration etc would remain unchanged.

If they're able to provide better stability, I might consider keeping the box after all, and use it for whatever I had planned when I first got it (Sandbox / Gitlab).

• Pretty clear to you? You probably see something I can not, so please be so kind and explain it to me: will hostsailor keep the virtwire-price at next renewal, or not?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited October 2016

@Jarry said:
    Pretty clear to you? You probably see something I can not, so please be so kind and explain it to me: will hostsailor keep the virtwire-price at next renewal, or not?

Granted, I am being an optimist over here, but what else could this mean -

@HostSailor said:
    Prices will remain the same, and you'll get your exact plan/price/duration as if you were with VirtWire.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I see message on their site they are migrating to a different provider. Possible its acquired.

• @K4Y5 said:
    What else could that mean?

It means exactly what it says: exact plan/price/duration. My plan some EvoBurst, for $30/y. After that it was supposed to be renewed. With VirtWire supposedly for the same price.

With HostSailor? I do not know. The only thing they said is "Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date". Not a single word about how it is going to be after the due date...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Jarry said:

@K4Y5 said:
    What else could that mean?

It means exactly what it says: exact plan/price/duration. My plan some EvoBurst, for $30/y. After that it was supposed to be renewed. With VirtWire supposedly for the same price.

With HostSailor? I do not know. The only thing they said is "Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date". Not a single word about how it is going to be after the due date...

Does it really matter? You're obviously not happy. Move on and find a new provider.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Jarry said: It means exactly what it says: exact plan/price/duration. My plan some EvoBurst, for $30/y. After that it was supposed to be renewed. With VirtWire supposedly for the same price.

Yes, but where is VirtWire now to honor that ...

Jarry said: With HostSailor? I do not know. The only thing they said is "Everything will go the same way as it is until the due date". Not a single word about how it is going to be after the due date...

HostSailor has not yet committed itself to a particular pricing following the due date, so indeed, neither you nor the rest of us know what the pricing will be.

The ship was sinking and you're starting to quarrel with the rescuers ...

You can check out HostSailor's normal pricing for OpenVZ (HDD) here, and perhaps there'll be a coupon offered when the time comes, but for the time being this is all we know.

Thanked by 1netomx

We believe prices will remain the same even if you intend to renew, the services taken over will be maintained by our 24/7 support, and we will provide you with all the help you need whilst you being with us, rest assured if anything changes, you will be the first to know and we will not force the customers into a blackhole, we're hoping to complete the full take over in the next coming days, for now we're very busy trying to get everyone online by midnight today itself, once everyone has their new address and able to get back online we will integrate users into solusvm, add their additional ipv4 and ipv6, sync whmcs with solusvm and then be able to send a welcome email letter and confirmation of the full integration into our network with a few hints and tips on what to expect, and how to get help from our departments. At this moment we're working on full power all together to get the migration going around the clock without any gaps in between.

Thanked by 4K4Y5 FusedIT Jarry Tom
  • @HostSailor

Thank you for info. Now it is clear...

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2016

For me , no problem prices would be change slightly as long as u give stability to your service
    or maybe u can cut off some value from vps (eg, ram or storage)

I doubt u can cover your server with 4GB ram VPS for just $20 anually , do not want this problem happen twice, i just predict it will not last long, and u will end like virtwire did

This is just my opinion

@add_iT said:
    For me , no problem prices would be change slightly as long as u give stability to your service
    or maybe u can cut off some value from vps (eg, ram or storage)

I doubt u can cover your server with 4GB ram VPS for just $20 anually , do not want this problem happen twice, i just predict it will not last long, and u will end like virtwire did

Prediction isn't reality sorry, we're fit enough to handle this, we're not doing it for the money.

Thanked by 2Bochi K4Y5
  • necropaulnecropaul Member
    edited October 2016

@HostSailor said:

Prediction isn't reality sorry, we're fit enough to handle this, we're not doing it for the money.

i didn't get all of what happened, but from what i get : paid previous host debt and take over (for free until renew) customer, if i get it right, thanks!

by the way, my NL vps is up now, got new ip, didn't get time to check yet but all seem's ok

• @HostSailor

It is not enough to add new IP, you have to remove the old one(s) too! Now I can connect to vps, but I can not connect from vps to anywhere, because per default application grabs the first IP (which is one of those dead) as outgoing address, so reply is not routed...

• @Jarry said:
    @HostSailor

It is not enough to add new IP, you have to remove the old one(s) too! Now I can connect to vps, but I can not connect from vps to anywhere, because per default application grabs the first IP (which is one of those dead) as outgoing address, so reply is not routed...

So yours is already set up? :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Jarry said:
    @HostSailor

Far out, nothing makes you happy does it? Just submit a ticket.

• @Jarry, login to SolusVM, set main ip to whichever address works.
    Then run "ip addr del" for the others

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • If I had solus l/p here with me, I'd do it. But I do not keep it always with me and I'm not gonna drive 100km just to retrieve it, so it has to wait till the end of weekend...