Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de

Comments

• Last year in September there were Online specials, this year nothing since 25.02.

• edited September 2016

sorry error

• @Spacedust the "online" word is a magnet, i mostly see you around when its called,,, are you robot :P

• Wow. Those OVH fuckers. I just started the transfer to @DarudeSandstorm and this is what OVH wants to have to carry out the process:

• A filled-out form (one page)
    • A copy (front + back) of my passport
    • A copy (front + back) of the new owner's passport
    • An official letter (with full letter head) of my company stating that we agree and that I am authorized to decide
    • A trade register excerpt of my company's registration.

Wonderful. I stand by my word if the winner stills wants to carry out the transfer under those conditions, but that's really quite some barrier.

• Amitz said: A filled-out form (one page)

A copy (front + back) of my passport
    A copy (front + back) of the new owner's passport
    An official letter (with full letter head) of my company stating that we agree and that I am authorized to decide
    A trade register excerpt of my company's registration.

Wow. They sure improved their process. Last time they demanded the blood of our first born /jk

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

Amitz said: Wow. Those OVH fuckers

And rightly so, if it was a personal transfer there would be no issue but for a transfer out a company account there should be strong security in place.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Lee said: And rightly so, if it a personal transfer there would be no issue but for a transfer out a company account there should be strong security in place.

Yes, understood. But still... I am the owner of the company. It always feels weird to write an authorization for myself. ;)

Dear OVH fuckers,

>

I hereby authorize Amitz to transfer the server.

>

Thank you in advance for your efforts and with kind regards
    Amitz

Thanked by 2sin Jorbox
  • they are going to read this and ask you to attach an apology letter and take the alcohol level test.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2016

"We are the French, we can do it, we will do it, we lost the last 2 Worldwars, now we take revenge on you"

• No, it's okay. @Lee is right. We would also complain if they made it too easy and somebody would "steal" our servers. I just did not expect OVH to act that responsibly. ;)

Thanked by 2MikePT Jorbox
  • Those who bought this particular server - is there any clarification from OVH regarding internal traffic getting restricted to 250Mbps instead of 1Gbps?

They just responded to my ticket, and 'twitter 'follow-ups' with this -

The servers are only advertised as 250Mbps. This is for both public and internal traffic. The servers are connected to 250Mbps switches. The error is in the OVH manager. It should not display that the internal connection is 1Gbps.

So, I guess, some of you really did get lucky.

• K4Y5 said: So, I guess, some of you really did get lucky.

on kimsufi the first flashsales KS3C got better hardware and the late orders only got what was advertised. this time the first orders got what was advertised (and already set up) and the late orders probably got racked elsewhere and therefore other/better switchports.

it's like always, upgrades everywhere but not for us this time... as long as we achieve 250Mbps I guess there is nothing we'll be able to do about.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @Falzo said:

K4Y5 said: So, I guess, some of you really did get lucky.

on kimsufi the first flashsales KS3C got better hardware and the late orders only got what was advertised. this time the first orders got what was advertised (and already set up) and the late orders probably got racked elsewhere and therefore other/better switchports.

it's like always, upgrades everywhere but not for us this time... as long as we achieve 250Mbps I guess there is nothing we'll be able to do about.

Yeah. FWIW, the deal is still terrific for the hardware and DDoS protection that comes along with it.

• K4Y5 said: FWIW, the deal is still terrific for the hardware and DDoS protection that comes along with it.

+1 and don't forget about the IPs ;-)

• +1

I also gets more then 250 mbit...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

Amitz said: this is what OVH wants to have to carry out the process

This is only the first stage of the transaction. You also need to provide:

• A document that proves your health condition and your mental stability from a public hospital.
    • A copy of your father's driver license
    • A copy of graduate elementary school with grade bigger than B+
    • A color photo of your kitchen table's tablecloth
    • A list with your 10 favorite opera chorus in four copies, followed by a mixed cd with the music posted in their address

After that stage, there is the final (and ultimate) probation: playing in real the great "Community" Video Game Study Group

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • A casual bump to let you know I'm still into an ie transfer.

• so would I, nobody willing to depart with this gorgeous deal

@TheGreatLad said:
    A casual bump to let you know I'm still into an ie transfer.

• pioneercloudpioneercloud Member
    edited September 2016

My account is in IE.

I really want such a server, but missed the time

If you got one but do not need it, can you please transfer to me?

I can pay you via paypal (also accept some extra cost).

PM me ,thanks.

P.S. If you have expired order ,hope you can let OVH support reactive it and then transfer to me . Really appreicate it :P

• So do these come with Free IPs? If so, how many?

thank you!

• @RXWatcher said:
    So do these come with Free IPs? If so, how many?

thank you!

one time setup fee, 2 euro each, max 255 ips

• that's right and balance 1 IP for all servers reserved for me :D

• fanfan Veteran
    edited September 2016

Just noticed that it's possible to switch the DDOS protection mode between automatic and permanent mitigation, which mode do you guys use on your servers?

Update: just got my very first DDOS attack on one of my kimsufi servers after posting this, it lasted 5 minutes according to the kimsufi email notifications.

• fan said: Just noticed that it's possible to switch the DDOS protection mode between automatic and permanent mitigation, which mode do you guys use on your servers?

How do you do that? And do it apply only to OVH or Kimsufi also?

• @myhken said:

fan said: Just noticed that it's possible to switch the DDOS protection mode between automatic and permanent mitigation, which mode do you guys use on your servers?

First log in to the control panel, select the server, then go to manage IP, there is an option to switch the mitigation mode.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Anyone got any for sale? pm me

• @myhken said:

fan said: Just noticed that it's possible to switch the DDOS protection mode between automatic and permanent mitigation, which mode do you guys use on your servers?

OVH/SYS only, Kimsufi doesn't support this unfortunately!

Thanked by 1myhken
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited September 2016

fan said: which mode do you guys use on your servers?

For the server, i use for hosting game servers and TeamSpeak i use permanent.

The server i use for my personal stuff email,website etc i just use automatic as i don't see the point of using permanent mitigation as that server is never DDoS unlike my game server.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Unless you really get DDoS often, you don't want to enable permanent mitigation, as it reduces the achievable bandwidth somewhat, and also can block some ports or protocols. E.g. each time my VPS got into their DDoS mitigation mode, my IPv6 tunnel from tunnelbroker.net stopped working.

Thanked by 1sin
This discussion has been closed.