Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farewell epidrive/berry.pw - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Farewell epidrive/berry.pw

2»

Comments

• @joepie91 said:

yomero said: Ok, I get your point (cookies/session leaks?). But if the client area is in another domain... "maybe" isn't needed. No idea in this particular case.

The problem is bigger than that. Some reasons why it's necessary site-wide, include but are not limited to:

1. An attacker can MITM the frontpage of the site, and replace the target of a login form, whereas that form would normally point at clients.*. The user thinks they're on the real site, and get phished.
    2. An attacker learns of the exact hosting plan that a customer has just signed up for, by analyzing their navigation on the site, and uses this information to mount an attack that is only effective on the specific service that the customer bought.

Trying to partition information into "sensitive" and "non-sensitive" information doesn't work, because your distinction between the two is probably going to be different than that of somebody else, and you're not in the position to decide somebody's definition of "sensitive" for them.

That is why TLS is needed site-wide, regardless of what the content is.

Nah screw that, just turn on cloudflare and call it a day!

Thanked by 1yomero
  • I have several vps with Berry which has been running for more than a year and still have months left. They were marked as fraud somehow when Berry was bought over by New Era. I remember receiving an email asking whether I want to migrate the service and I rejected the offer assuming that those vps will last until the end of their terms... Anyone else having the same experience with them?

• At least they're going about it the correct way its rare you see low end host go out or merge the correct way.

• My old Berry server is down and so is newera.host. I was wondering if anyone knows what is going?

• @Stilman said:
    My old Berry server is down and so is newera.host. I was wondering if anyone knows what is going?

They closed shop a few weeks back, didn’t they?

• WSSWSS Member

Yes. You can hellbump dead threads but not check your email.

• Sorry WSS, but I did not receive any emails. I also lost some scripts I had on this VPS and with no backup so I am not happy.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Stilman said: with no backup

No one to blame but yourself for that one.

• @Stilman said:
    Sorry WSS, but I did not receive any emails.

They announced they were going away quite awhile ago. There was some discussion weeks ago.

I also lost some scripts I had on this VPS and with no backup so I am not happy.

Guess it was time to update them for PHP7 anyhow.