Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice

13»

Comments

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2016

Don't get too excited, I'm limited on what I can say outside of selling the company.

The company was basically in a spot where further growth was actually hurting the company. We had been processing a solid amount of money each month, but frankly it was getting reliant on LEB sales, which had become unreliable at best. The company had something like 55+ active servers, 7000 individual containers, and only two employees including myself. Our income was reliant on bulk sales of ANNUAL packages each month, which wasn't entirely sustainable or profitable. At no point could the company really survive without a solid amount of new signups each month.

There was also a significant amount of personal stuff going on, which I won't bother nosediving into.

It's also worth noting that a solid 50+% of our clientbase was Asian, and we never provided 24/7 support. We had alarms and systems in place to be woken up in the event of server stability issues, but we never offered 24/7 support. We generally had a 6-8 hour gap from about 2AM CST onward. I had staggered my sleep schedule a bit so the gap was smaller, but we never offered 24/7 support and couldn't frankly afford a wage to pay additional support staff.

Now, RE IP addresses: Yes we had a lot. I'd say we had been using maybe 12-15k of those on VPS, not factoring in the companies we had leased IPs to (MaximumVPS as an example). The intended purpose behind amassing IPs had been the same as any other company doing it. I wanted to guarantee stability with regards to IP address spacing for the future of the company, but also realized that if I was to eventually sell the company the IPs would be the ONLY asset worth purchasing. Every major provider did this, especially in the LET segment.

Immediately following the purchase of Crissic, I was hands off immediately. I had requested maintaining my email account as I had some personal items attached to it as well, but they disabled everything almost instantly.

I'll remain active in this thread, see what happens but don't expect anything too juicy. Labor Board has to do their work before I can start pointing out their illegal activities online and start eating my own popcorn.

@watwatwat said:
    Nice... Couldn't have happened to a nicer scumbag.

Hello Tom, how are you?

The information provided in this post does not violate any nondisclusure agreements that may have been signed during the asset sale of Crissic to QuadraNet as these are statistics shared previously in a public fashion. This is being posted entirely to cover my own ass thanks to the phonecall from their CEO

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @jarland said:
    Please drop donations in the jar

Shilling detected.

Thanked by 2jar raindog308
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2016

"This Employee Handbook is not a binding contract between the Company and its employees"

Woah, that's awkward. I may be in the clear to discuss anything I want, because confidentiality was tied into this handbook that has that at the very top of it.

As of now, I'll only say there's a very good chance the vast majority of client contracts are null and void due to not actually maintaining their end of the deal relating to cooling.

Edit:

Should be worth noting that anything relating to Crissic that was posted in my above post relating to server statistics or containerized information was made publicly available in the past, and is not held under any Non-Disclosure agreements that may have been signed with relation to the purchase of Crissic. Original post has been modified to include this as well.

• Lots of post edits above, why?

Why is Quadranet DC temperature 95F? This is DC not sweatshop.

• 95F explains why open windows there. Explains away other claims of birds in DC and bird sh!t there.

We knew they ran a hot DC from experience, but that hot?

• I am doing great Skylar. I am sorry to hear of your loss of employment, but you can't say that you didn't have that receipt coming. That being said, I hope you have learned a thing or two.

I heard Quadraanet LA had windows open and birds nesting in one of the penthouses, but that's just what I've heard... :)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2016

@watwatwat said:
    I am doing great Skylar. I am sorry to hear of your loss of employment, but you can't say that you didn't have that receipt coming. That being said, I hope you have learned a thing or two.

I heard Quadraanet LA had windows open and birds nesting in one of the penthouses, but that's just what I've heard... :)

Loss of employement is actually a good thing in my case, as better things came as a result of it. But yeah yeah I get you.

I haven't heard of the bird story. That's a new one ^_^

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited October 2016

"Notice to Employee as to Change in Relationship"

What kind of 19-year-old HR intern wrote that grammatically awkward phrase? I mean, reading that, it's not until you get to the words "final paycheck" that you even realize you were fired.

I mean, what is the change in relationship? It could be a change to part-time or consulting or...

"Employee Termination Notice" is how a real HR department would have probably phrased that.

SkylarM said: The official termination reason, which I refused to sign because they failed to provide evidence of either item 1 or 2, and I have no writeups:

It's worth noting that unless you have a contract (you don't), any employer can terminate you at any time just because they feel like it. Of course, then you can file for unemployment and a lot of companies will try to weasel out of that by firing you "for cause".

But a real HR department would have gathered things - even if they were trivial - and laid them out so that when you file unemployment, it's denied, and you sue, they will have a robust paper trail showing that you violated policies. Just saying "inadequate performance" is insufficient. You could perhaps win this unemployment dispute.

@QuadraNet_Adam , seriously, your HR department needs adult supervision.

SkylarM said: "This Employee Handbook is not a binding contract between the Company and its employees"

Woah, that's awkward. I may be in the clear to discuss anything I want, because confidentiality was tied into this handbook that has that at the very top of it.

Did we miss a post here? I'm not sure what you're quoting...

SkylarM said: As of now, I'll only say there's a very good chance the vast majority of client contracts are null and void due to not actually maintaining their end of the deal relating to cooling.

Awkward. Reading that feels like you just crossed the line from "any ex-employee can say a previous employer was awful to work for because of the First Amendment" to "I am going to reveal something a non-employee wouldn't know in the hopes of harming my ex-employer".

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2016

@raindog308 said:
    Did we miss a post here? I'm not sure what you're quoting...

Bit of out of context yes. That's the only paperwork I had signed in relation to anything with my employment with said employer, and that paperwork had a confidentiality clause which obviously doesn't apply to anything other than termination of employment.

@raindog308 said:
    "Employee Termination Notice" is how a real HR department would have probably phrased that.

Heh. HR Department.

I'll end it there though I think.

• servproservpro Member
    edited October 2016

@SkylarM can we have a comment here about thermals in their other buildout in Los Angeles? Same heat in those zones?

Does the building still have water leaks?

• @SkylarM said:
    I'll end it there though I think.

Please keep going.

As a customer of yours that was moved to Quadranet I was sorely disappointed about the change, everything went down hill once they took over, including support and quality of support and service...

It's been said before that all they wanted was the IPs I was unaware that they hired you, firing you seems like that rumor is true. Unless you did actually disclose company information and your performance was poor.

Don't expect a reply from Adam, any company in this position wouldn't answer the post. On top of that Adam isn't really active here unless he posts a deal, which by the looks of it, the business model has changed to focus on the high end.

I'm glad it turned out better in the end for you, Crissic was a great experience.

• @SkylarM, Has the electrician been fired?

Have they found a HVAC person?

Neither existed.

• TheLinuxBug said: a way to get a good job in this industry where it is currently getting harder day by day to get into

hehe, if you want to believe that....