Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic by Quadranet: all low-end services shut down without notice

Comments

• so far no one tagged no one?

@quadranet_adam

• Why do they even need to respond, they have made their intentions clear a long time ago, THEY WANT LOWEND CUSTOMERS GONE. Stop trying to shame them. Stop trying to fight to keep your service going. Its a cheap VPS, get over it.

• @JoeMerit Why are you being a bellend on this thread? No one is fighting anything, we're posting our experiences of a provider. Your bold statement is just speculation anyway, maybe well-founded but not based on any communication I've had from the company. Don't view the thread if it somehow offends you... this is a forum where people talk about providers. It amazes me how people like yourself come visit it to shut down on-topic conversations.

FWIW I have received no email notification from Crissic, Quadranet, whoever else. No response from the ticket I created so far.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ricardo said: FWIW I have received no email notification from Crissic, Quadranet, whoever else. No response from the ticket I created so far.

Did you get the email a while back where they explained the close out of some of the plans?

Francisco

• I didn't. Someone posted an email along those lines earlier in the thread but he's removed his post. Never got that.

It's not a huge deal to me as there's plenty other providers to use. It seems reasonable that we can at least cover the topic.

• Here's the original email, in case anyone never received it, and is curious.

** IMPORTANT EMAIL NOTICE ** Please read this email in its entirety and let us know if you have any questions! (Relevant information that pertains to active Crissic services)

Based upon market driving-forces and an abundance of client feedback, Crissic has been refocusing service offerings towards providing an upscale user-experience and managed services. With the completion of our initial planning phase, Crissic is now ready to move forward with this product offering at full force.

What does this mean to you?

Due to service and infrastructure improvements being implemented, the following current service types will no longer be available (or renewed) after their respective service expiration dates:

Quarterly (3 month pre-payments)

Semi-annually (6 month pre-payments)

Annually (1 year pre-payments)

Biannually (2 year prepayments)

Triannually (3 year prepayments)

The following information is important to any clients that have any of the above services:

Current services will continue to remain active until the present period’s service expiration date (** No services will be interrupted prematurely **). Upon the expiration of the existing service term, services will be discontinued and affected VM’s will be taken offline. Please plan accordingly and contact us prior to service expiration if you have any questions.

Clients who are presently on one of the above deprecated service offerings who are interested in retaining services with us are advised to speak with our sales department prior to the expiration of services so that we may discuss your requirements and find the best fit for you based upon our managed monthly services that we will continue to offer.

Clients who pay with PayPal subscriptions: Please be sure to log into your PayPal account and cancel any payment subscriptions you may have set up with Crissic. Any received payments from non-canceled subscriptions will be applied to your account as service credits, which can be utilized for future managed hosting services, or refunded upon request. (Special note, please be aware that renewal of an active PayPal subscription for a discontinued service type will not be considered a renewal of services - any of the above affected services will be discontinued on the existing term’s expiration date and services will be discontinued (affected VM’s will be taken offline).

IP Address Re-Numbering (applies to some customers):

In order to complete our implementation phase, infrastructure will be further integrated into our premium network. While we have delayed and withheld any changes to IPv4 addressing since the Crissic acquisition, it is now necessary that IPv4 resources are restructured.

What does this mean to you?

Starting 8/18/16, some clients may receive a change of IPv4 address. If your IPv4 address requires renumbering, you will receive an email from Crissic’s Support Staff notifying you of your new IPv4 addresses.

We do value any feedback and sincerely appreciate your business; please contact us with any questions you may have.

--

Thank You,

Crissic Solutions

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @ricardo said:
    I didn't. Someone posted an email along those lines earlier in the thread but he's removed his post. Never got that.

I never got the email and I never got emails to notify me that a support ticket had been replied too.

Check their WHMCS if you haven't been.. hopefully Adam has replied to you.

• Correct on both counts @ATHK, their 'announcement' sits proudly in WHMCS' history, as does a ticket reply, no email notification on that either.

Ticket response:

Hello, Per the email announcement we sent, unfortunately you will not be able to renew your VPS.

Another episode of grand muppetry comes to an end.

• @ricardo said:
    Correct on both counts @ATHK, their 'announcement' sits proudly in WHMCS' history, as does a ticket reply, no email notification on that either.

Ticket response:

Hello, > > Per the email announcement we sent, unfortunately you will not be able to renew your VPS.

Another episode of grand muppetry comes to an end.

Adam refused to believe I wasn't receiving emails.. I just hope other clients got the email...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:
    Does it look like this?

Copyright violation. I will send notice on 31 September, 2016. ;)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:

@doghouch said:
    Does it look like this?

Copyright violation. I will send notice on 31 September, 2016. ;)

Who are you going to send the abuse report to? CloudFlare?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • gravytraingravytrain Member
    edited September 2016

Logged in to check and see if anyone had experienced any of the same BS with Crissic and found this thread.

What a total crock. I managed to get them to issue invoices for my month-to-month service so I can get it turned back on, but one of them was slapped with a 20% late fee.

A 20% late fee when I wasn't even issued an invoice? That's some sad stuff.

• Quick bump to share a warning: if you haven't left (or been kicked off of) Crissic yet, get on it. They managed to forget to invoice me again this month. And promptly deleted my remaining VPS servers for non-payment of the non-existing invoices.

There are those days... and then there are those days.

• @gravytrain

You've had fair warning so there's no reason to continue complaining.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • yeah and you should look up Murphy's law.

And always have 2 to 3 backups.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    @gravytrain

You've had fair warning so there's no reason to continue complaining.

This.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@kaflo said:
    yeah and you should look up Murphy's law.

And always have 2 to 3 backups.

Sounds better as sods law.

• emgemg Veteran

I have had several VPS providers that were bought out by larger firms while I was a customer. The new owners have continued to provide the same or better services at the same cost for many years, with no sign that they intend to discontinue service. In some cases, the new owner no longer offers the kind of VPS that I use from them. For example, I still have a KVM VPS from a provider that does not offer KVM any more.

Many of them have significantly upgraded their service at no additional cost to me - converting spinning hard disks to SSDs, for example.

There have been minor issues - the KVM provider's SolusVM webpage has a long-expired certificate. Opening tickets is difficult, because they never quite merged the acquired company's ticket system with the much-larger owner's ticket system, and nobody seems to check the old system any more. Despite that, I know how to get their attention if I need to, but the need has not arisen. It seems to me that they keep the host node chugging along, collecting my money and paying the network and power bills.

Another provider disabled the "emergency" console feature on my SolusVM-managed OpenVZ VPS after they acquired the original VPS provider's company. I have brought it up several times, but they insist that it is to protect the security of the host node and refuse to budge on the issue. I like the idea of having a safety net if I mess up firewall configuration.

Other providers were much better at integrating my VPS into their systems, but at the same ultra-low cost that I have always paid with no real functional change.

REGARDING CRISSIC:

I have no idea whether it is common for a VPS provider to "gracefully" discontinue service for select customers, but Crissic is the only example that I have seen. (I am not referring to the many VPS providers who go out of business or shutdown without notice.)

Because of its owner's earlier reputation, I was never a Crissic customer. In fairness, he has turned himself and his latest business (Crissic) around, but this latest incident is another black mark. In my opinion, he could have taken better care of his customers by insisting that the new owner continue services to them, until they fade away by attrition. Keep in mind that these customers were the ones who took a big chance and enabled him to restore his tarnished reputation. It is disappointing to see that he did not give them proper consideration by contractually ensuring the ongoing continuity of their Crissic VPSs. It might have reduced the selling price of the Crissic business. He is still young, and may not have thought of it. Either way, I would not want to be a customer for any future businesses that he is involved in.

Thanked by 2switsys DreamCaster
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2016

TL;DR

Number 1 unspoken rule on the internet. Don't write too much. Nobody reads it.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2016

emg said: Because of its owner's earlier reputation, I was never a Crissic customer. In fairness, he has turned himself and his latest business (Crissic) around, but this latest incident is another black mark. In my opinion, he could have taken better care of his customers by insisting that the new owner continue services to them, until they fade away by attrition. Keep in mind that these customers were the ones who took a big chance and enabled him to restore his tarnished reputation. It is disappointing to see that he did not give them proper consideration by contractually ensuring the ongoing continuity of their Crissic VPSs. It might have reduced the selling price of the Crissic business. He is still young, and may not have thought of it. Either way, I would not want to be a customer for any future businesses that he is involved in.

When the owner sold Crissic to Quadranet (per my understanding) he also took a paid position with Quadranet as part of the sell out. It is pretty obvious he saw an opportunity to get out from under the business and actually took a job that allowed him to have take home pay.

I am not saying it was handled the best, but if he really cared, as he still works for them, he would still be around participating in the community whether he owns the business or not. However, as you have probably noticed since the sale he has been no where to be seen around here. To me is seems 'Crissic' was a means to an end, a way to get a good job in this industry where it is currently getting harder day by day to get into, while getting out from under the financial responsibility of a small business.

For him it was probably a great opportunity, however, taken at the expense of all of the customers that trusted in him and his products.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2switsys DreamCaster
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2016

TheLinuxBug said: I am not saying it was handled the best, but if he really cared, as he still works for them, he would still be around participating in the community whether he owns the business or not.

I think he and quadranet handled the whole sale think as they should. Skylar did not want to continue, he found a better job, got a good offer for his conpany. He wasn't running a charity. Contrary to what most hosters do in similar cases (they disappear, they shut down nodes without even a short notice etc.), quadranet honored current contracts for long enough, giving to any client notices about their willing on continuing the brand. Crissic had good services with extremely low prices and more than one ip to most of vps. Did skylar had in mind that those reserved ip was real gold for selling his company? Probably. This is just a clever business tactic. Did he eat money from his clients? No, hi didn't.
    I am a current client of crissic with yearly contract and, of course, I will not renew my yearly vps that ends on January. But it still works and works great.
    What in this case makes @skylarm as a guy he did not handled well the situation? I believe he did handled much better that the majority of similar cases in LET world.

• Is it safe to say that from this point forward that anyone having problems with Crissic can only blame themselves for stupidly fighting to continue their service and renewing against 1000s of warning signs.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2016

@TheLinuxBug said:
    When the owner sold Crissic to Quadranet (per my understanding) he also took a paid position with Quadranet as part of the sell out. It is pretty obvious he saw an opportunity to get out from under the business and actually took a job that allowed him to have take home pay.

Correct I did take a job with QuadraNet and I regret every moment of that. I have been absent from the community, yes. But seeing as I have all this free time after conveniently being fired September the 12th, may as well follow up on this one.

I'll get a more PROPER response on this thread hopefully sometime tomorrow RE your points. It wasn't just about the job, it had a lot to do with the lack of sustainability of the company and multiple other factors, specifically in my personal life. I believed QuadraNet would handle things properly, and it turns out it wasn't handled as we had originally discussed.

Keep in mind I am limited on what I can discuss due to contracts relating to my (prior)EMPLOYMENT with QuadraNet, so information that I know about handling, utilization of IP space (spammers*), or anything completed POST purchase, etc I cannot disclose. However, the paperwork relating to the selling of Crissic lacks a confidentiality clause.

The official termination reason, which I refused to sign because they failed to provide evidence of either item 1 or 2, and I have no writeups:

http://imgur.com/a/imjJq

Hello LowEndTalk, how is everyone doing?

Thanked by 2zed TheLinuxBug
  • SkylarM said: Hello LowEndTalk, how is everyone doing?

Welcome back!

[popcorn.gif]

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I went ahead and bought stock in Orville Redenbacher a little earlier. I'm going to be fuckin' rich.

Francisco

Thanked by 3jar Foul Zen
  • Oh boy.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Before this drama starts moving I'd like to let everyone know that refreshments are to the left. Please drop donations in the jar, we'd like to be able to keep everyone hydrated and reasonably fed throughout their stay. We could all be here for quite a while, so take only what you need.

• Nice... Couldn't have happened to a nicer scumbag.

• @SkylarM said:
    I believed QuadraNet would handle things properly, and it turns out it wasn't handled as we had originally discussed.

Unfortunately this normally how it goes for an acquired company.

Many promises were made, few were met, in the passage of time even more were forgotten.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2016

@watwatwat said:
    Nice... Couldn't have happened to a nicer scumbag.

Read that as WaTwaTwat, can't unsee now.