Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Detroit Closure - ErrantWeb - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Detroit Closure - ErrantWeb

2»

Comments

• I've recently had the opportunity to speak to Travis about ErrantWeb and he informed me that just due to issues (software/setup) that it wasn't worth the hassle. Now I know Travis is still keeping his other node in facility but just didn't want to deal with the headache of KVM.

One issue I know he mentioned was that SolusVM reported is that like 14GB of RAM are allocated but reportedly 22GB is being used. Now I cannot confirm nor deny this, but I was informed of this.

• Shared environment misallocation and memory swapping... Nifty.

Other node in facility..... Providers with 1-2 servers scare the crap out of me. Yeah I know, he has more elsewhere.

Can't say this is being mishandled though. Looks fine, gracious, etc. So while in the past the provider might have had less savory ideas or exhibited such tendencies, he seems to have learned.

• We only had a small number of clients on KVM detroit. The node is going down for upgrades and will be back up. We contacted all of the customers that had current services much ahead of time. We moved almost all of the clients already we have about 3 services online on the node 1 is canceling ( and getting credit ) the other two we've tried phone calls emails and support tickets over the past weeks. We also moved all of the clients ourselves or offered to have both vps's online.

There was no 24 hour ending, this has been going on for weeks. Also we suspended registration for KVM Detroit at least a month or more ago. We strive on providing updates in a timely manner and no data of clients will be destroyed without talking to the customer. Were moving all that are not contacting us back. Sorry for the confusion.

Were here to stay KVM in Detroit is just being reworked / looked at differently.

Regards,
    Errantweb

• @nickperk the node with 16gb of ram and had 10gb sold but was full ram wise was upgraded to 32GB accordingly.

• SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
    edited March 2013

TLDR:

Weeks worth of notice given not 24 hours.
    Data won't be deleted after 24 hours, just trying to speed up these last few migrations.
    Phone calls and emails were made personally to every client that didn't respond via support ticket.
    This email only affected a few services (if that) and got sent to too many from the looks of it.

@Damien
    Sorry this email got to you , were looking into why it got sent to soo many clients when it only affected a few. (2-4) clients

@Shane_Elmore the server we tried to sell you you didn't have enough money for, it was 2 drives in raid with L5420's it wasent a crappy node. It was because you were trying to get us to sell you a server when you had less than enough to pay for the first month. Sorry it didn't work out.

@hostingwizard_net thanks for clarifying to situation glad to have you as a customer!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ErrantWeb said: Weeks worth of notice given not 24 hours.

Yep, sorry for jumping all over this :(

::shame face::

• Glad this thread is all worked out and logical.

+1 for @ErrantWeb.

• Yep keep up the good work @ErrantWeb!

@ErrantWeb said: @Shane_Elmore the server we tried to sell you you didn't have enough money for, it was 2 drives in raid with L5420's it wasent a crappy node. It was because you were trying to get us to sell you a server when you had less than enough to pay for the first month. Sorry it didn't work out.

Honestly, not surprised.

• Sorry for all of the confusion everyone! We've been here for over a year providing great services with personal support and we plan to do that for years to come.

• jon617jon617 Veteran

@ErrantWeb thank you. I assume others were notified weeks ago, like I was. Even though I made sure everything was properly backed up weeks ago when you first notified me via ticket, you re-opened the ticket yesterday just to be sure that I am still cool with my virtual server being deleted. I was pleasantly surprised with how proactive you were about the notifications, double-checking with me, and adjusting my invoices...without me ever asking, so I want to say thank you for caring about my business and I hope others take notice of how to model their customer service.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The only issue seems to be the larger than necessary number of last notice recipients.
    All other things look good :)
    /thread