Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much Sleep do You average as a provider for the LEN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much Sleep do You average as a provider for the LEN?

natestammnatestamm Member
edited March 2013 in General

^

Comments

• 3 hours

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

How much what?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

2-8 hours

• not enough!!!! Hard to run a 2 man operation, work a full time job, and spotty part time work on top of it.

• SyedSyed Member

How many hours of sleep do you average as a hosting provider for the Low End Network?

The title wasn't exactly hard to understand. <_<

I average about 10 hours of sleep, even though the question was not aimed towards me. :<

• It depends on work load 7-8 hours in general

• 10p to 6a, every day. This goes out the window during crises, of course. Hired good people that I can trust to work overnights, I find I sleep much better.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

7-8 typically

• Folks need to sleep.

Constantly amazed how full folks plates are in this provider community. Being a provider, full time job, part time job, etc. That's way too much.

• 6-10, we have staff who work around the clock, so its not such an issue for me.

• Wait... people sleep?

• FreekFreek Member

I on average get 6 hours of sleep. I try aiming at 8 hours. I really should go to bed more early.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2013

Sleep? Who does that? I will sleep when I am dead.

• Yeah, well not sleeping means your body can't do it's maintenance and rebuilds. Minimum of 4 hours is required or you are heading towards premature expiration.

I spent over a decade doing 6 days 18 hour work. That took it's toll.

• About 6 hours, but that's just how my body works, its not 'cos im working all the time.

• I sleep 10 hours every day

• @pubcrawler said: I spent over a decade doing 6 days 18 hour work. That took it's toll.

I bet you slept all day on the 7th day :P

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I average 4-5 on any given day of the week (including weekends).

• My friend saw an interview with a "hacker" who claimed to not sleep besides the whole day on Sunday and still be productive, now that sounds like bragging bullshit.

• Everyone has different work load,they have different pressure also,and they have different lifestyle.It doesn't mean more hours,more healthy,I think it is up on different ppl and their sleep quality.I usually get 6-7hours,I feel nothing bad.

• Around 6-7 hours usually

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Hmm, probably about 6 hours. If something is broken I'll be up fixing it.

• For those only sleeping but a few hours, how do you find the motivation to get up (mostly those self employed)?

• @Noxter said: how do you find the motivation to get up (mostly those self employed)?

Angry customers leaving due to the lack of support is enough motivation for me.

• I bet you slept all day on the 7th day :P

Cute.

True though. Sundays were a total sleep festival.

Only way I pulled those years off was very clean diet with high managed nutrition and regular exercise throughout the day. Certain absent that I'd been a 35 year old heart attack victim.

• edited March 2013

Most nights 8+
    Last night, up till 9AM slept till 1PM. (Will nap later)

It helps to not be self-employed and to not work solo.

• @MannDude just an fyi...every time I see your name the Batman theme song goes off in my head.. Maaaanduuuuuuude!

• I manage 6 hours on a good night, 3-4 otherwise

• jhjh Member

12+ hours. It's the meds :/