Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a non-LEB server? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a non-LEB server?

2»

Comments

• Linode & HP Cloud

• talsittalsit Member
    edited March 2013

I have a homebuilt with an E3-1220 and 16GB of RAM. It's running ESXi 5.01 with unRAID VM (12 drives on M1015s) WHS VM, 3 Server 2012 VMs (1 active serving media), 1 Ubuntu VM using a 1 TB hdd on RDM pass through (for fun), another Ubuntu VM with Open Atrium running for demo and I RDMd two drives to something, I just don't remember what... that's where the 16GB goes.
    Server name... ADHD... Next to that I have a laptop running Ubuntu and acting as an indexer.

• Have a streaming server setup in AWS, booted whenever needed. Few VPS with IntoVPS, with the LEB Specs, but doesn't qualify the pricing. Also 1 Xen with VPS6, which I am planning to dispose soon, as the performance is not as expected when compared to the LEB's I have.

For Home Server, primarily used for Backups, I have an old Dell P4 System running Debian Squeeze with 512MB DDR1 and a bunch of HDD's plugged in. I hate generating Electronic waste :P

• Amazon AWS, Linode

• tommytommy Member

yes, I do.

I've 2 Dedicated server, and 1 server in my office (1 mbps down/ 200kbup)

• it may be a noob question but i'll ask :)

do you use static ip on your home based servers or some kind of program to update the dns with dinamic ip assigned to server

• At home 2 proliant server. each: 6 GB RAM DDR3, intel i3, 2 TB.

One dedi at OVH Canada, other at Online.net.

And my pride and joy a Linode 512. :D

Also i have a bunch of LEB VPSs. (a lot...)

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited March 2013

@Shane_Elmore guess ios and ipod can't count for non leb server...Or can they :D my favorite though is a microsd with any flavor of %amp%, not really fair though if we're considering user interface or user input devices.

But although I love Pi it needs some consideration in that department too..can't really beat it though for the integrated architecture and processing ability.

If you have any ability with micro controllers, designing circuit boards and vias though Pi hands down.. +1 *Digi-Key Corp and McMaster-Carr

• earlearl Member

@cloromorpho said: At home 2 proliant server. each: 6 GB RAM DDR3, intel i3, 2 TB.

What you using it for?

• My own personal kit in the companies datacentre:
    Compaq DL360 G3, 2x Xeon 2.8Ghz, 2Gb, 2x 146Gb 15K SCSI (RAID1), CentOS w/ Virtualmin for shared hosting
    Dell PowerEdge 1750, 2x Xeon 3.06Ghz, 8Gb, 3x 72Gb 15K SCSI (RAID5), XEN box with about 20 LEB containers for self and friends
    Dell PowerEdge 750, P4-4Gb, 2x 160Gb SATA (RAID1) - mysql, pgsql, redis & mongo server (for the other boxes)
    Maxtor MaxAttach 4300, PIII-833Mhz, 384mb, FreeNAS (NFS/iSCSI), 4x 1TB & Compaq MSA30 w/ 14 15K 146Gb drives connected
    All plugged into a 2950 switch (dual homed) and also an 8 port GigE switch for NAS access (NFS/iSCSI) protected by an active/standy pair of pfSense boxes.

Its just about enough I think :)

• nice...

i have some dedicated but my principal for hosting is

intel L5520, 4x3tb ( raid10), 32gb ram, 1gbps port.

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

Got a dual-p3 mini-tower server under the dining-table used as a test-box for various apps, as well as various VPS/VDS/Dedicateds of my own :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@plueschopath said: 11x 6sync vms

Mario & company really need to increase their bandwidth allocation. Used to be exactly 2x what linode gave...now it's 1/5th.

Love their custom panel.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited March 2013

most high end home server = Dual Xeon E5-2650, 32GB DDR3-1600, LSI 9260-8i, 8x 256GB SSD - mainly for multi-threaded scalability testing (mariadb/percona/mysql, mydumper, etc) etc and also serves a dual purpose for blender rendering :)

have other home servers but mainly using vmware and virtualbox

online servers have a few full dedicated servers - most high end is Xeon E3-1270, 16GB 2x1TB Raid 1

• MacBook Pro 2.ghz Dual Core laptop
    4 gig of RAM
    2 1TB HD synch, external HDs
    1 2TB external HD, tmp storage, etc.
    S3CMD to synch up to AWS S3

• Home Server Specs:
    Compaq Presario S5300NX
    1GB DDR Ram
    120GB SATA HDD
    Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.50Ghz
    Bright House Networks - 20Mbps/Down 2Mbps/Up

• @Raymii said: For myself? No. My homeservers are now all Raspberry Pi's. If you count the stuff I do for clients, then yes, I manage multiple datacenters full of powerfull (dell/hp) hardware running either KVM, VMWare or Red Hat. Currently I have 6 passes, and for 5 other DC's I'm on the "contact list". Not only the software side is done, last night I also hung up 25 new DL370 G6's, each with 8 900GB 10K SAS disks, 2 XEON X5650 (2.66GHz/6-core/12MB/95W) and 2 10Gbit NIC's... They needed some storage they said...

What kind of job do you have? Sounds pretty awesome.