Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the f§$% is wrong with those people at EDIS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the f§$% is wrong with those people at EDIS?

2»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@William said:

netomx said: Is she your gf?

Yea, somewhere between that and fiancée.

Congrats, pal! I knew it wheb you said she was at your left side :p

Thanked by 3William NanoG6 Inglar
  • but you you and fusl had an contract of employment or not ? you were knowing what you get or not ?

when i remember right, you were the one who made limehost aka voxility outside of romania "famous" on wht and other sites. no one was knowing them outside of romania until you mentioned them. what did you get in exchange from em ? nothing right ? :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Butters said:
    but you you and fusl had an contract of employment or not ? you were knowing what you get or not ?

when i remember right, you were the one who made limehost aka voxility outside of romania "famous" on wht and other sites. no one was knowing them outside of romania until you mentioned them. what did you get in exchange from em ? nothing right ? :P

It could be language issues but that seemed like the most incoherent post I've read all day.

Congrats. I am also drinking this morning. Approaching sobering time.

Thanked by 1William
  • Butters said: but you you and fusl had an contract of employment or not ? you were knowing what you get or not ?

Sure, if i was legally able to sign that contract at this time (which is disputed) that would matter more though. I also did not complain about my payment at start which was fair, but rather later where my tasks where clearly going over the description by far.

Same as she was hired for support and ended up coding, essentially.

Butters said: when i remember right, you were the one who made limehost aka voxility outside of romania "famous" on wht and other sites. no one was knowing them outside of romania until you mentioned them. what did you get in exchange from em ? nothing right ? :P

You.. what? I have beef with the Vox owners actually since years for many reasons. Limehost at a time was just cheap and did deliver for some time, same as Ecatel did at start, so yea i did probably recommend them.

Neither they nor any other ISP paid me for advertising or anything else, i'm not going to disclose my money sources (which are not your business either but just mine, my banks and the IRS's) if that is what you are after.

• This thread has some weird feeling attached, i guess i let it die or so. Probably best to not reply too much.

Let me go on Romania for a second while we are at it anyway though and some other locations, yea i have interests there in both business and private as well as Romanian friends and a good amount of business arranged and running over it, visited before as well and plan to again shortly. You see me in a lot of RO threads here and at WHT with usually very solid info and advice, yea i maintain also a POP in Bucharest now and a second + third one shortly.

AdNet - the EDIS ISP in RO - is absolutely disconnected from me or anyone related and that pick was intentional as well to prevent certain issues. I got the best possible deal from a very reputable ISP and did not earn a cent direct or indirect (which would have been wrong from my moral point).

Same in Israel, yea i could have arranged cheaper and better colo (eg. what i use shortly for colo and now ded) but that would be too close to me and an interest conflict. Chile was already questionable in my book as i have wide contact with that DC for other things.

In AT it was not avoidable to have certain 1st party connections and deals here though also then i did not take money or used this directly (Yes, my colo in Vienna - which was privately paid including VAT - had EDIS upstream, but that was negotiated, as was colo in LI).

Let me also clarify one point: If the other side - now or then - knows where i work and offers a better deal due to that without me requesting it this is neither illegal nor morally wrong but rather their own business decision and zero my problem. Their business profit calculations are not my problem. Free stuff is a different thing by definition though and more complicated.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So it seems to me this thread was just an excuse for a soap box, no one knows better than you guys what is wrong or not with EDIS, there was no need to hide behind this sort of ridiculous nonsense, just say what you want to say.

Thanked by 1William
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Seems like a sink candidate at this point.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just get a private room and get it over with. Do get lots of lube.

Thanked by 2William Bayu
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

AnthonySmith said: So it seems to me this thread was just an excuse for a soap box

hehe, i gladly remove my posts if it seems like that.

By my view this thread is neither bad nor good promotion for anyone and actually could cause me down the line issues as well (i was rather surprised to see it and the poster then), it's not always as simple as some think. Yea, my relationship/communication works well people, no need to freak out - this issue is just not of much interest to me, EDIS is old news.

And to make it absolutely clear: The non acceptance of orders by nearly any reasons, including a bunch that would fit here, is legal in Austria. I fully support the right of each company here - including my own - to exercise it.

• Fusl said: Is it because I'm black? (I'm not btw)

• lol