Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the f§$% is wrong with those people at EDIS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the f§$% is wrong with those people at EDIS?

Tried to order a server from EDIS several times by now, they keep refunding the money without a single word said. Is it because I'm black? (I'm not btw).

Payment receipt:

Refund:

Comments

• Move on, there are tons of host out there. They don't want your money, and you can't force them.

• GCatGCat Member

Try emailing your concerns to [email protected]

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Fusl said: order a server from EDIS several times by now

Fusl said: they keep refunding the money without a single word said

You realize how ridiculous those 2 things in the same sentence sound?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • FuslFusl Member

I got used to their not existing support not replying to support tickets - they seem to have converted to an autonomous VPS hosting provider as they give 0 support to their customers. But not even replying to billing inquiries or explaining why they keep refunding the money without a notice is just too ridiculous to believe at the first couple of times until you realize they really don't want your money for whatever reason.

• Perhaps they don't like former employees?

Thanked by 1GCat

couple, maybe, several? just move on WAY before that point.

• FuslFusl Member

rds100 said: Perhaps they don't like former employees?

Yea, sure. You know yourself how stupid this sounds, right? What does AWS or Google do with former employees? Deny their services to them?

• GCatGCat Member

@Fusl said:

rds100 said: Perhaps they don't like former employees?

Yea, sure. You know yourself how stupid this sounds, right? What does AWS or Google do with former employees? Deny their services to them?

Not just deny, but they also threaten their life if they ever decide to come back. You got off easy mate.

Thanked by 1Fusl
  • Fusl said: Yea, sure. You know yourself how stupid this sounds, right? What does AWS or Google do with former employees? Deny their services to them?

Google is probably thousand employees and millions of customers, noone would manually check the new registrations. EDIS is what, 10 people? Totally different.

• I always have a very good experience with them, maybe you are a not-good-client, haha

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Fusl said: Is it because I'm black?

I mean that was my first assumption.

• GCatGCat Member

@jarland said:

Fusl said: Is it because I'm black?

I mean that was my first assumption.

Thanked by 2netomx Fusl

Your a former employee?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

You got a thing for them? Why do you want them so bad? It's not like someone has a gun on your head to order from them...? (If someone does have a gun on your head, type XxX and we will call police for you.)

Thanked by 2Matix8981 AC_Fan
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Your a former employee?

Him and @William

They still good friends to this day AFAIK

Thanked by 1netomx

Then whet the hell are you doing?

Either, you left on bad terms and you know exactly why they don't want your money and you just came here to make yourself feel better and make them look bad.

-or-

You left on good terms and should just contact your former employer directly as you obviously have the ability to do so.

Ridiculous, this place is just getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited August 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    Your a former employee?

If I remember correctly, he was for a very short time and got fired for posting something on LET (don't remember what it was).

Or maybe it was someone else

Edit: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1309115/#Comment_1309115

So, it was one night stand and I guess OP still can't forget the warmth.

• LeeLee Veteran

@fusl You have history with EDIS which is more likely why. Whether that should straight out deny you service I don't know. Depends on what the background is and why they fired you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

OpticalSwoosh said: They still good friends to this day AFAIK

More than that (i see her when i look bit to the left right now), not like it's relevant here though.

I keep my head out of EDIS; i left on ok-ish terms and have not much interest in dealing with them.

I have other Austrian providers for all my needs (which are near zero by now) as well as the contacts i brought to EDIS anyway (like the DC in Vienna and the upstreams) so no need.

Yea i have some deals of varying extents with some EDIS competitors and even some of their customers but that is not much relevant either, no need to disclose that to them, no law for it.

My probably only other comment on EDIS for now: Most staff remained friends and a lot left in the last time, i'm not going to get into why but yea, that does not just happen randomly. For some other things - eg. an Austrian wire tap that seems to have existed in Liechtenstein for my colo server, on very weird LI gov terms - i will not note more without first speaking with a lawyer, which i probably should do at one point if i cba.

//end

• FuslFusl Member

Lee said: which is more likely why.

I can neither deny nor confirm that. I could if they would just f....ng answer to support inquiries regarding this.

Fusl said: I can neither deny nor confirm that. I could if they would just f....ng answer to support inquiries regarding this.

So they wont speak to you after you departed on bad terms and you opened a thread to get your own way... ok

Thanked by 4netomx Lee boernd Amitz

Oh, PMS.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • Why do you want to order a vienna based vps from edis when you have fairnode ?

• /thread? @jarland @Ishaq

• Butters said: Why do you want to order a vienna based vps from edis when you have fairnode ?

Not the same network (EDIS blend) and DC (Nessus). Dediserve is yet another network (Anexia) and DC (Datasix/Anexia) and Castlegem another of each (Neotelecoms for both). Fairnode is in InterXion and on Nextlayer blend, so yet another entirely different thing.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Yeah, come on ^^ thats just another lets bash edis thread :P

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

Butters said: Yeah, come on ^^ thats just another lets bash edis thread :P

No interest in bashing EDIS or judging wrong or right here (the legal site says you can deny services by many, many reasons around here, that is my position as well, and i use this right often.).

The DC is rock solid in the cheaper segment, Florian/Nessus runs a nice ship there - the BW, obviously also by my work, is a nice East/West blend even if VIX seems half broken nowadays, prices were the lowest for colo in AT and are still rather cheap for VPS.

I don't use them so i don't comment on quality.

TBH, i could not care less (can't speak for her though) about Gerhard or EDIS - The job was underpaid ultimately and i have it much better now (so much better you would not even believe me) both private and work wise.

However, for her qualification - which coding and backend design wise is far, far (FAR!) above mine - she was severely underpaid, even below me. Almost comically low.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Is she your gf?

If not, is she pretty?

If yes, post a pic, for research purposes, obviously

Thanked by 2William tux
  • netomx said: Is she your gf?

Yea, somewhere between that and fiancée.

Thanked by 1netomx