Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free VPS - Need testers and honest reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free VPS - Need testers and honest reviews

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello.

Will be releasing a new VPS brand. Initially only offering HK VPS but will expand to Europe and USA if the feedback is positive.

This is not going to be life-time free VPS. So I would like to offer upto 10 free VPS on a single node for the sole purpose of testing the platform, performance and just getting a feel for general user experience.

Single test node has been deployed.

VMs will be as follows:

1GB RAM
1vCPU
40GB HDD
KVM Hypervisor
Bandwidth to be determined but around 200GB+/- for HK
Price, also to be determined, but within LET pricing.

Test period may last until the end of the year. Anyone interested?

Comments

• HK means good latency to Asia. I'm sure as interested.

• I am in!!

• I'm interested :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2016

What testing are you expecting from those who do take you up on this offer? it may be better to explain what you are wanting to get out of this. For example, I know Host1Plus is testing their new KVM deployments and as part of their beta program they expect users to fill out a survey once a week explaining their use and observations of the platform. Do you intend to do something similar or you just want to generate load on these hypervisors? Defining this will help you to get better results out of your testers.

For example, I am happy to help, but I am not sure how much traffic/resources I would actually use as I wouldn't be putting anything in production there during this period. As such, knowing what things you want to test would be better than just setting up a server and letting it idle.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• PM'ed

• I'm sure as interested PM'ed

• pm me

• pm me. thanks

• PM me if it is still available.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

TheLinuxBug said: Do you intend to do something similar or you just want to generate load on these hypervisors? Defining this will help you to get better results out of your testers.

I should probably clarify my intentions a bit more. I am not looking to have our hardware or network performance reviewed. Rather I want the platform reviewed. And when I say the platform, I'm referring to the interface, the system used to manage the VPS, for reboots, installations, and so on.

The network/hardware performance is kind of secondary. We will probably offer 3 types of service on this platform.

1.) For developers - Uber cheap, but no redundancy and probably no direct China route since that kind of bandwidth is just too expensive.

2.) General Users - Low cost VPS with some redundancy (cloud storage, daily backups, High Availability etc.) but again with no direct China route.

3.) Premium - With premium route traffic (that means direct China included), and also with high availability and cloud storage.

So we want to test the platform before we start investing in all the hardware. We will be starting with using the hardware we ALREADY HAVE (mostly Xeon E3v2 and v3). So the test servers we will give out will be like those we intend for developers. Our platform is intended to be DO or Vultr like. But neither of them offer HK based servers as far as I am aware, and for 'developers' I think the price point will be quite a bit lower than either.

I'm also looking to see how well the automation works. We need users to see how smooth things will run on a small scale.

What we want in return, is some feedback. Nothing formal. Some honest reviews on LET would be fine. If the experience is good then hey, the publicity can't hurt. If it's bad.. well... the public bashing will be an incentive to get things rectified quickly :-).

The time limit on the free VPS I hope will show that reviews are not biased given the VPS won't continue forever.

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited August 2016

I'm in too! I would like to test it from Europe and from Russia.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited August 2016

Ill be happy to help you.
    I will grand you explained detailz what i think of the vps panel/vps itself at your wish.
    Ive pm to gain more information if you like me to get on board.
    Perry

• If it's still available, I'm in as well :D

• Is it still available ? I am in.
    And all the best :)

• I would like to test for you too.

• gaulgaul Member

i'm in to try test :D

• Would like to try if it's available. =)

• Sure shoot a PM

• Is there Anyone not interested in? Lol, pls count me if it is still available. Thx !

• qq7119 said: I'm sure as interested PM'ed

I was about to sommon you, our Oriental brother, and you are already here ;)

colingpt said: Is there Anyone not interested in?

For sure, for example, I'm personally not capable to carry diversified testing out and HK location isn't interesting enough for me on top of it.

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited August 2016

@bersy said:

qq7119 said: I'm sure as interested PM'ed

I was about to sommon you, our Oriental brother, and you are already here ;)

I wonder if anyone really get it free testing this VPS, at least he didn't have PM to me, so far

We have several procurement staff , BBS or some VPS website focus on reliable good Offers,help foreign trade friend for procurement service ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

qq7119 said: I wonder if anyone really get it free testing this VPS, at least he didn't have PM to me, so far

He's probably just noticed you're an incredible twat and ignored you.

• @Nekki said:

qq7119 said: I wonder if anyone really get it free testing this VPS, at least he didn't have PM to me, so far

He's probably just noticed you're an incredible twat and ignored you.

Is your advantage the mouth base or Bitchy?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

qq7119 said: Is your advantage the mouth base or Bitchy?

I don't really know what you're talking about, so let's go with 'mouth base'.

• I was interested, but really have no use for this, thought it would be better to give my chance to others.

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • If it's still available, i have small project to run test

• I am interested in this. Will PM.
    Thanks!

• @qq7119 in fact, you are the type of client that everybody want (or should really) to avoid in their platform...

Thanked by 2thatix TheOnlyDK
  • @jvnadr said:
    @qq7119 in fact, you are the type of client that everybody want (or should really) to avoid in their platform...

agree.

• I am in!!