Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet BS alternative to Paypal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Internet BS alternative to Paypal

2»

Comments

• @jcaleb said: I just dont feel comfortable entering my number to websites

You're not liable for fraudulent transactions, so what are you worried about?

• @nutjob said: You're not liable for fraudulent transactions, so what are you worried about?

Because its a hassle that you'd rather avoid.

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited March 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Because its a hassle that you'd rather avoid.

Meh, I can do it online, or a few minutes on the phone, and it really doesn't happen that much. But more importantly, it doesn't help. More than one of my fraudulent transactions happened on cards I never used on the internet, one on a card I had never used anywhere.

• @nutjob said: Meh, I can do it online, or a few minutes on the phone, and it really doesn't happen that much. But more importantly, it doesn't help. More than one of my fraudulent transactions happened on cards I never used on the internet, one on a card I had never used anywhere.

I prefer no hassle.

I prefer also PayPal because I am so used to it. It's like FireFox, it's not the best, but I'm so used to it =)

@yomero said: I use it, and I love it. Is cheap, and even there are lots of -$1 coupons

(I just have a couple of domains btw).

Thank you, I will try it.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I do have to say that internet.bs is very good, in that they don't fuck you over. They don't let people social engineer them to gain control over your account or information, they don't suspend your domain on abuse complaints, whenever there's a problem you get a human response and not an irrelevant canned response, and so on.

Basically, it's the only registrar I've seen so far that I can just register my domains with and not have to worry about it any further.

That said, the non-acceptance of PayPal is a bit of an annoyance. Moneybookers does provide a few additional non-creditcard methods of payment, such as iDeal (the Dutch e-banking payment system) and a few other country-specific methods. The amount of payment processors they accept has grown big enough to make the lack of PayPal not really matter for people in most countries.

• Man, namesilo panel is very good and clean

• @nutjob said: Meh, I can do it online, or a few minutes on the phone, and it really doesn't happen that much. But more importantly, it doesn't help. More than one of my fraudulent transactions happened on cards I never used on the internet, one on a card I had never used anywhere.

You seems to be very unlucky guy. What about to start to use paypal? You know the thing where you click at invoice to be redirected to paypal page, log in, confirm and voila... transaction done.

• To be honest, namecheap control panel is very hard to use in all registrar i used. namesilo panel is great!

• @jcaleb said: To be honest, namecheap control panel is very hard to use in all registrar i used. namesilo panel is great!

It's confusing and until now i still not get used to it.

• vedranvedran Veteran

A little bump

So I'm on InternetBS to renew some of my domains, and I want to pay using a credit card. Now, the only two available options are:
    tradegard.com (wth is that?) - they don't even have a EV certificate
    and g2s - I'm not really familiar with this one, someone said it's owned by Safecharge, but if you go to https://g2s.com or https://gate2shop.com I'm seeing this:
    g2s.com/gate2shop.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
    *.google.com , *.android.com , *.appengine.google.com , *.cloud.google.com , *.google-analytics.com , *.google.ca , *.google.cl , *.google.co.in , *.google.co.jp , *.google.co.uk , *.google.com.ar , *.google.com.au , *.google.com.br , *.google.com.co , *.google.com.mx , *.google.com.tr , *.google.com.vn , *.google.de , *.google.es , *.google.fr , *.google.hu , *.google.it , *.google.nl , *.google.pl , *.google.pt , *.googleapis.cn , *.googlecommerce.com , *.gstatic.com , *.urchin.com , *.url.google.com , *.youtube-nocookie.com , *.youtube.com , *.ytimg.com , android.com , g.co , goo.gl , google-analytics.com , google.com , googlecommerce.com , urchin.com , youtu.be , youtube.com

What is this g2s thing?

• @vedran May aswell just post your CC info here...

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@vedran said: What is this g2s thing?

@Patrick uses it.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited April 2013

I'm a bit unsecure about it, and I wouldn't touch tradegard with a 10 foot pole.

What ever happened to 2CO?

2Checkout.com is an authorized retailer for Internet.bs Corp.

But 2Checkout is nowhere to be found on the payment page ...

I guess I'll have to use Skrill, I have some money there but not enough for all my domains

• twaintwain Member

@yomero said: @jcaleb said: How about NameSilo?

I use it, and I love it. Is cheap, and even there are lots of -$1 coupons

Where do you get these $1 coupons?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Hmm, if that's all, I'd just transfer my domain away. I wouldn't trust either.

g2s doesn't seem to be related to Google from what I see but I could be wrong I guess. Their non-ssl site is hiding behind Cloudflare. They seem to be a division of http://www.safecharge.com/.

• vedranvedran Veteran

I don't think they are a division of safecharge.com, safecharge probably just handles payment processing for them (which is what they do basically). So I have to trust both g2s and safecharge to handle things properly. No deal

Also

www.safecharge.com uses an invalid security certificate.

>

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
    The certificate expired on 20.11.2009 12:05. The current time is 18.4.2013 13:53.

Sweet, it makes them look abandoned ...

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

I use g2s to pay with my bank cards on internet.bs since they added this processor
    So far I've lost no money
    I have no idea why they are using google's ssl now. last week it was a valid EV ssl for g2s.com

• vedranvedran Veteran

No, there is a valid EV ssl on g2s.com checkout page, it's just that their main site is using google ssl which is kinda odd.

• RophRoph Member

I also use G2S, no problems.

• @twain said: Where do you get these $1 coupons?

he said - $1, a dollar off. not one dollar domain