Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet BS alternative to Paypal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Internet BS alternative to Paypal

jcalebjcaleb Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello, I want to stay with InternetBS, but they dont support Paypal. What's the best option to pay? Where should I signup for paying to them? They have g2s, Payza, Skrill and WebMoney. Is it better if I just go straight using my credit card? thanks

Comments

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2013

@jcaleb said: Is it better if I just go straight using my credit card?

This is what I do. I haven't had a problem with them, except that if a transfer fails, you don't get a refund, you get an account credit instead. Not really a "problem", I suppose, since I always have domains that need renewal.

• Do you have money loaded into any of these accounts

g2s, Payza, Skrill and WebMoney

if yes then pay with anyone of them
    In case you don't have any of these , then you can
    1.Use your credit card straight away{FASTEST method }
    2.Load money into any of these and then pay{slow but more secure}
    Don't use payza though , it has problem in transferring funds from your online acc to your bank

• Thanks guys, I might as well just use credit card =)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited March 2013

It's annoying they dont support PayPal. I might just consider using namecheap almost 2 dollars more expensive, but have convenience of paypal.

Is NameSilo good and reliable? They seem as cheap as InternetBS

• @jcaleb said: It's annoying they dont support PayPal. I might just consider using namecheap almost 2 dollars more expensive, but have convenience of paypal.

Well before they did support PayPal, but then in Feb 2012 PayPal froze Internet.bs's PayPal account due to certain issues which I don't remember off the top of my head. They tried working with PayPal but in the end it just didn't work. This is why they cut PayPal out completely.

• InternetBS is based in bahamas so they are not subjected to US laws but comply to international laws.Unlike namecheap , InternetBS don't suspend your domain when you recieve 1-2 dmca complaints.

• How about NameSilo? Are they a good host like InternetBS and NameCheap?

Thanked by 1itrmike
  • jevermeisterjevermeister Member
    edited March 2013

What do you mean with "good"? I have a domain there and it is working as expected, web interface is okay so why not. But i feel a bit more secure with internetbs, even though i will never receive DMCA complains with my homepages i would like to avoid that someone could retrieve my personal data. Just one legal issue like a copyrighted picture and the german lawyers would sue me to the ground.

• LESLES Member

Too many people are paypal dependent. Skrill is working fine for me with InternetBS.

• Back to topic: Payed with skrill. Google search said that they give out the least amount of personal information. Don't know how much is true of that.

• daviddavid Member

I'm using skrill/moneybookers with Internet.bs, but I already had an account there.

• What I mean by good is something like trustworthy. Not like 1and1

• I will search on skrill, thanks guys

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

Don't they have PayPal through G2S?

We use Gate2Shop and we accept cc/pp payments through there but anyways they may have asked to disable it.

They (g2s) is owned by Safecharge who are a popular multi national processor so its completely safe to use.

• @Patrick said: Don't they have PayPal through G2S?

I think no, sad.

• @Patrick said: Don't they have PayPal through G2S?

Nope. All payment processors (even when they used 2CO) stopped allowing PayPal with them.

• dnwkdnwk Member

Why do you need Paypal? expect for a fact that I can't remember my credit card number.

• Paypal is convenient for me

• IvanIvan Member

Does Skrill support transfering money from our mobile phone? Is there any domain name registrars that support mobile phone payments?

• Skrill works well... (previously "Moneybookers" but then they thought that "Skrill" and purple colors would somehow be an improvement to their image - I mean, what were they thinking, lol)

You can connect a credit/debit card, and pay directly from it. Just the same way that you did with PayPal. Don't need to load money into your Skrill account first.

But do make sure that you choose the appropriate currency for your Skrill account, to avoid or minimize conversion fees. The only way to change your currency is to delete and create a new account. Also, you're not permitted to have multiple Skrill accounts.

If you live in U.S. and make most payments in USD, then this is a no-brainer :) But let's say that your credit card's bank account is in GBP, your Skrill account in EUR and you make most of your payments in USD. Adds up to a lot of conversion fees, so would be better with a Skrill account in USD.

• @teohkay said: Does Skrill support transfering money from our mobile phone? Is there any domain name registrars that support mobile phone payments?

To my knowledge, no.

Mobile payment services are just too expensive.

• IvanIvan Member

@Sunshine said: To my knowledge, no.

Mobile payment services are just too expensive.

Yeah.. I guess so. Oh well then.

• @Sunshine said: Mobile payment services are just too expensive.

Yep. Almost 20% of the cost is absorbed by the mobile payment processor.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited March 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Yep. Almost 20% of the cost is absorbed by the mobile payment processor.

Yeah. I should just quit trying to purchase things with my phone and just get my parent's permission to use their credit cards or at least try to earn some money..

Fiverr and Elance isn't my thing though, I'm not as good as the people there. Anyone wants to sort of hire a 15 year old for some basic tasks or medium-level VFX/Motion graphics?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Werulz said: InternetBS don't suspend your domain when you recieve 1-2 dmca complaints.

I'm confused. If I own example.com and setup www.example.com on Hostgator I put some copyrighted materials, then Hostgator may get a DMCA and turn me off.

But how/why would the registrar suspend the domain?

I could see if I registered a trademark'd name but that's different.

• thanks for all shared knowledge guys

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited March 2013

I don't understand why people use PayPal. They basically will keep your money from you whenever they feel like it. They're shonky as far as I'm concerned.

This is how classy they are: If you buy something in non-US dollars (like I had to twice recently) using your credit card, they'll "convert" it to US dollars and add 3-4% on top. No, my credit card doesn't do the same. Total rip off. Unfortunately I was forced to use them as a payment processor during purchase.

What's wrong with using credit cards? Strong consumer and fraud protection, 1%+ cashback, extended warranties, price protection (they will match lower prices after you buy), loss/damming insurance, etc, etc.

• I just dont feel comfortable entering my number to websites

• I just use Webmoney with them. Japan's rather high up on using WM.

• @jcaleb said: How about NameSilo?

I use it, and I love it. Is cheap, and even there are lots of -$1 coupons
    (I just have a couple of domains btw).