Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB storage VPS in EU (~80GB, ~20€/y)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB storage VPS in EU (~80GB, ~20€/y)?

I'm looking for LEB-VPS to store my mysql-backups, preferably somewhere in EU. I want to run just ssh & rsync there so 512MB RAM should be ample, but I need at least 80GB disk-space. Budget ~20€/y.

I'm looking at Speex-v1 (Dataspeex) right now, but it is actually no true storage-vps. Has more RAM (1GB) but less disk (50GB) than I need. Are there any other options? Or do I have to increase budget first? I could stretch it up to ~30€/y eventually...

Comments

• inb4 time4vps

Thanked by 2time4vps Jarry
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2016

https://www.time4vps.eu/ 512 GB at 18€ yearly

openvz.io has a storage plan 150GB @ 17.50 GBP (only 256MB RAM)

also ramnode.com comes to mind with their 120 GB OVZ @ $28.80 (only 256 MB RAM)

Thanked by 1Jarry
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We don't do storage VPS services at this time. We run most plans on SSD (RAID 10) so even at our low prices, it's impossible to compete with HDD RAID6/60. Possibly expect some storage servers from us soon™

Thanked by 2yomero vimalware
  • @VirMach said:

We don't do storage VPS services at this time. We run most plans on SSD (RAID 10) so even at our low prices, it's impossible to compete with HDD RAID6/60. Possibly expect some storage servers from us soon™

You're strong at the meme game.

• Out of stock for his 16 GBP offer in france - but definitely recommended!

• @Jarry i can offer you 100 gb vps in 25 eur/mo located in Romania. Pm if you are interese4d.

Thanked by 1Jarry
  • @cociu

You mean per year, right? Because the OP's budget is 30€/yr.

• SmirSmir Member

I'm after something too, time4vps how reputable are they? never seen or heard of them before

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

Falzo said: Out of stock for his 16 GBP offer in france - but definitely recommended!

It looks like they have been out of stock for months.

Smir said: time4vps how reputable are they?

Yes, they are reputable enough.

Thanked by 2Smir time4vps
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kt might have something for you. Have a look at http://openvz.io/

Thanked by 1Jarry
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

@Jarry said:
    I'm looking for LEB-VPS to store my mysql-backups, preferably somewhere in EU. I want to run just ssh & rsync there so 512MB RAM should be ample, but I need at least 80GB disk-space. Budget ~20€/y.

Like lots of LET members already suggested (thank you all), we are perfect option for your needs!
    2.40 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB of disk space and 400 Mbps dedicated port speed and it's all only for 17.88 € per year. Take a look at all our offers: https://www.time4vps.eu/pricing/

Thanked by 1Jarry
  • FlamesRunner said: You mean per year, right? Because the OP's budget is 30€/yr.

yes , true , i mean /year

• SmirSmir Member
    edited August 2016

@time4vps said:

@Jarry said:

Quoted the wrong package ;) list your storage options :)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Sorry :) For 17.88 € per year we offer 1.90 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 0.5 TB disk space (!) and like for all our VPSs - 400 Mbps dedicated port speed.

Thanked by 2Smir coreflux
  • @time4vps has worked the last 15months for me.

Perfect for backups, as I repeat every week here.

And yes, you are able to use every byte of the storage quota.

Thanked by 2time4vps Jarry
  • SmirSmir Member

@time4vps said:
    Sorry :) For 17.88 € per year we offer 1.90 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 0.5 TB disk space (!) and like for all our VPSs - 400 Mbps dedicated port speed.

Any discount codes? ;)

I'm joking

• Thank you all. I must have a look at it first, but I will probably pick two different to keep my db-backups safe (one in EU, one in US maybe)...

• +1 time4vps got about 5TB with them and never had any issues :)

• SmirSmir Member
    edited August 2016

@Jarry said:
    Thank you all. I must have a look at it first, but I will probably pick two different to keep my db-backups safe (one in EU, one in US maybe)...

Do what I'm going to do, offsite back up with a vps, probably use owncloud, as in a newb, and I have a dell t20 to setup to have back ups local to me at home which will pull once / twice a day and keep 1or 2 weeks worth of data

• VPS cloud 12 € per yea
    https://www.arubacloud.com/

• SmirSmir Member

@myacy1 said:
    VPS cloud 12 € per yea
    https://www.arubacloud.com/

But only 20gb of storage?

• SmirSmir Member
    edited August 2016

Well, This teaches me not to buy from my phone, so I'll have all the info at home ready for when I get there...

• @time4vps

Two things I really do not like:

1. listing price without VAT

2. asking for cell-phone number

Sorry but no go for me. Still looking for...

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited September 2016

@time4vps said:

How does the weekly/daily backup work? Does that mean that if I have 80GB used disk space, you would back that up every day or week, and if my VPS dies you can restore the backup?

• @ManofServer said:

afaik there is no backup on their storage plans.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Jarry said: listing price without VAT

It's likely not possible to do otherwise, due to the new EU VAT rules. VAT will depend on the customer's country, and the applicable country needs to be confirmed by two different metrics - and when somebody visits your site, you only have one. It's not really viable to calculate the final VAT until the moment you enter your billing details.

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • I bought a few vps in EU, all were listed with VAT. I suppose they listed price with local VAT and adjusted it at checkout when country was specified. And that is much better approach, because the price moves maybe +/-2%, but not +20% like when you list price totally without VAT...

• @ManofServer said:

@time4vps said:

How does the weekly/daily backup work? Does that mean that if I have 80GB used disk space, you would back that up every day or week, and if my VPS dies you can restore the backup?
    @Falzo said:

@ManofServer said:

afaik there is no backup on their storage plans.

Also it costs €10 to restore the backup, FYI

I would recommend Time4VPS though

Thanked by 2time4vps ManofServer