Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET/LEB need to consider a new ad broker other than Buysellads? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET/LEB need to consider a new ad broker other than Buysellads?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Got a reply from them. Word for word what @ShardHost got last. Only they called me Marcus. Should have called me Ryan.

Until they clarify why they singled out ShardHost to create a new policy that they immediately backed away from for everyone but ShardHost, I have no faith in them.

• They seem to be a little bit more helpful now. They are currently looking into the matter for us

"No problem. I'm happy to look into this for you- sometimes accounts do get flagged automatically by our fraud detection system. These systems aren't always right, so please be patient as we investigate this further. Thank you so much for your patience.

Best,"

I'll update this thread when we hear more.

@ShardHost said: fraud detection system

Strange that their fraud detection system quotes unlisted policies in the name of a human who then is willing to investigate the strange circumstances.

• BK_BK_ Member

@ShardHost said: automatically by our fraud detection system

Whenever I hear this, the first thought that crosses my mind is 'scapegoat'.

• Oh well, there went the easy do nothing ad revenue stream lowend whatever banks on. Can't say it makes me sad. Total ad shite the world could do without.

Hint, stop outsourcing basic stuff like that and use in-house tools. It isn't hard.

@BK_ said: Whenever I hear this, the first thought that crosses my mind is 'scapegoat'.

Right. The truth is plain as day. Why this individual is choosing to back pedal and lie with a straight face is peaking my interest far more than an automated fraud detection system would have ever.

• We'll see how this turns out. Poor show so far.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jarland said: Why this individual is choosing to back pedal and lie with a straight face is peaking my interest far more than an automated fraud detection system would have ever.

They're running scared in the face of ShoveAds competition, especially with ShoveAds being so close to going live. 7 days and counting!

• CoreyCorey Member

@raindog308 said: They're running scared in the face of ShoveAds competition, especially with ShoveAds being so close to going live. 7 days and counting!

You're right, that explains everything ;)

• Well, it seems all resolved.

"When we receive a fraud notification, our system automatically bans/cancels/refunds ads. Then someone from our support team (like me) goes in to take a look. I have done that- everything definitely checks out and I'm going to whitelist your account.

I've read/replied to some of your friends on LET - unfortunately I wasn't able to hop in the thread myself because I need to be accepted. :)

It was my mistake and was not my intention to mention that all VPS server advertisements will be cancelled, nor considered- that was an error on my part. Our only intention here is to protect users- and ourselves- from fraud. Thanks for understanding, and if you'd like- just reach out to me."

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

This is a funny thread.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: This is a funny thread.

What happens to shoveads now?

Well, if BuySellAds is going to continue doing it I'm not going to do it ASAP. I'll probably still do it though, in the future.

I'll accept their response, but if that was a mistake he followed through with it for a bit there and I struggle with where the idea originated in his head, but I'll drop it.

@shovenose said: Well, if BuySellAds is going to continue doing it I'm not going to do it ASAP. I'll probably still do it though, in the future.

And thus is the lifecycle of a Shove Enterprise.

9:31am: ShoveAds idea
    9:48am: Seriously, ShoveAds!
    9:54am: Domain registered
    10:35am: ShoveAds will be ready in a week
    12:14pm: Well maybe I'll do it sometime in the future

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited March 2013

haha i like thos idiots that jump on and say i will do it like @shovenose

Let me be also the idiot i will open also ad system but i will take only 1% + fee of the getway :P

This will be the lowest ad website all the websites will come to me :D

edited March 2013

@raindog308 um lol ShoveHost is here since 2010-2011

• JacobJacob Member

Lol, sh!t.

You wasn't joking. "Created: 2013-03-20".

/facepalm

@raindog308 said: 9:54am: Domain registered

• @shovenose said: um lol ShoveHost is here since 20101-2011

O_o 20101? wean is that?

you know what i mean 2010

• IshaqIshaq Member

@DewlanceVPS said: loooooooooooooollllllllllllll lolol oololo lololo lololo lol

bsa lol :)

lol lol lol o lol o lolol ol lol

AUTOBOOT!

• @jarland said: I'll accept their response, but if that was a mistake he followed through with it for a bit there and I struggle with where the idea originated in his head, but I'll drop it.

I don't know. Really leaves a bad taste though. Buysellads is going to be on my suspect list for quite some time.

• OllieOllie Member

LOLOLOLOLOL, stupid ad networks.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@ShardHost said: Well, it seems all resolved.

"When we receive a fraud notification, our system automatically bans/cancels/refunds ads. Then someone from our support team (like me) goes in to take a look. I have done that- everything definitely checks out and I'm going to whitelist your account.

I've read/replied to some of your friends on LET - unfortunately I wasn't able to hop in the thread myself because I need to be accepted. :)

It was my mistake and was not my intention to mention that all VPS server advertisements will be cancelled, nor considered- that was an error on my part. Our only intention here is to protect users- and ourselves- from fraud. Thanks for understanding, and if you'd like- just reach out to me."

Yeah sorry, but I don't buy it. If he (support rep) is telling the truth and not hiding anything, his thought process would have been something along these lines:

"This guy is flagged by the fraud system. He's a VPS provider. That means all VPS providers must from now on be banned, by policy, because otherwise the fraud system wouldn't flag them. Let's tell him that we do not allow VPS companies."

I don't think that's very likely to have happened. Now remains the question, what did really happen?

Internal disorganization, fake names, copy-paste answers, long delays in response...

What's that I smell...

Ah, the stench of outsourced support.

• CoreyCorey Member

@raindog308 said: Internal disorganization, fake names, copy-paste answers, long delays in response...

What's that I smell...

Ah, the stench of outsourced support.

This guy is listed on the buysellads staff page.

• @Corey said: This guy is listed on the buysellads staff page.

Possible several individuals answering tickets as that guy's name?

Yes I catalyst host support. My name Jarland. How help you may I?

• edited March 2013

@jarland said: Yes I catalyst host support. My name Jarland. How help you may I?

hi ru hosting??? how?? i want serv 2 host u help do?

(EDIT: I don't actually type like that, in case you've never seen me on here before...)

• @jarland said: Yes I catalyst host support. My name Jarland. How help you may I?

I can top that!

是的,我hostigation主机支持。我的名字叫蒂姆。如何帮助您我吗?