Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET/LEB need to consider a new ad broker other than Buysellads? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET/LEB need to consider a new ad broker other than Buysellads?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Patrick said: Never seen someone so ............

.....?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Chief should read this thread.

• I've already messaged LET/LEB staff about the issue

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 A bit offtopic, when will your saga end? Been following that for close to an year now and is on my bookmark :)

• vedranvedran Veteran

I couldn't find anything in their terms about VPS sites ...

Ohwell, one more reason to keep buysellads.com blocked.

• @raindog308 said: @Chief should read this thread.

With there being a real risk of loosing money there is actually a solid chance that @Chief does something about it.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

There's always publishers: https://www.isocket.com / advertisers: https://www.buyads.com which doesn't look too bad

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

Why not host your own? Openx looks nice and removes middle man commission. More $$$$

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@seriesn said: A bit offtopic, when will your saga end?

Ha Ha. I got distracted...

http://bit.ly/YXK7cH

The company actually is running and I serve hosting for some local people, but I haven't opened it up to the world yet. I am working on it once again following my little woodworking hiatus.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

• @shovenose said: Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

:-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Buysellads policies are completely clean of any reference to VPS companies. I've opened a ticket requesting additional clarification, basically to notify them that so long as the above information is accurate I will begin contacting their clients that I would like to advertise with, to request that they change ad providers. Following through on that is up to them, but they should be given a choice in the matter.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

Good luck as it'll most likely fail like all your other -businesses-

• prae5prae5 Member

@shovenose said: Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

PMSL

Your arrogance astounds me.

• @AnthonySmith said: Your arrogance astounds me.

He is a kid with many failing ideas.Let him dream !!

• prae5prae5 Member

@AnthonySmith said: @shovenose said: Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

Your arrogance astounds me.

You got to give him credit for his ideas, but hell I've seen 4 year olds with more focus.

• @raindog308 said: Ha Ha. I got distracted...

http://bit.ly/YXK7cH

The company actually is running and I serve hosting for some local people, but I haven't opened it up to the world yet. I am working on it once again following my little woodworking hiatus.

Nice house. She will love it. I can't wait to see you openup for mass. I have a strong feeling that you will succeed.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

loooooooooooooollllllllllllll lolol oololo lololo lololo lol

bsa lol :)

• inb4 chief magically comes back

Would be funny if this was all a big troll/prank :)

• @prae5 said: You got to give him credit for his ideas, but hell I've seen 4 year olds with more focus.

I guess he is in the range of 15-19 years

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2013

Here's the reply I got.

Hey,

>

We work and will continue to work with all trusted advertisers, including legitimate >VPS advertisers hat we've worked with for years. Of course, every customer is different.

>

I'm sorry for the miscommunication. We simply may require additional information when it comes to confirming new advertisements in general- by no means did I intend to specifically call out VPS advertisements. It is up to the discretion of the BuySellAds team whether we may require additional information when a user is purchasing ads. I hope you understand.

>

Regards,
    Jared

• It seems these guys do not know what they are on about.

http://pastebin.com/yrXuRRY5

Maybe they just hate us and are looking for excuses to justify it

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2013

Seems like an "oh shit, we screwed up, let's mop it up" moment on their part.

@BK_ said: Seems like an "oh shit, we screwed up, let's mop it up" moment on their part.

Indeed, unless @ShardHost is completely fabricating this exchange, which I would not suspect at all, then this is clearly contradicting statements from BSA.

• CoreyCorey Member

@jarland said: Indeed, unless @ShardHost is completely fabricating this exchange, which I would not suspect at all, then this is clearly contradicting statements from BSA.

It almost seems like they just wanted to remove shardhost ads for some reason.

• No idea why. Would have been better if they would have just said that was the reason or even better, informed us at the time that the ads were withdrawn.

@ShardHost said: No idea why. Would have been better if they would have just said that was the reason or even better, informed us at the time that the ads were withdrawn.

Well we've been discussing a new ad campaign completely through BSA since cancelling our LEB/LET ads. Perhaps we'd be no loss to them, but that idea is likely suspended pending clarification on this matter. I'm not wasting my time to get the same treatment tomorrow.