Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thoughts on having a community support forum for your conpany. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

thoughts on having a community support forum for your conpany.

2»

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I just remembered I have a community forum T_T

IRC is where it's at.

• @Spirit said: That's what I always say. Things can go wrong, things can go down.. but as long is host transparent regarding this, answer tickets, etc... I have no issues with this most of the time. Just be honest, just be kind, try to be helpful, show that you care... and I will patiently wait in hope that things will be solved soon.
    What piss me off is arrogance and ignorance. Not answering support tickets when is issue evidently at hosts side - this is what usually piss of people to start complain threads.

I feel ashamed when thing breaks but if it is broken, I will let my user know. I am an user myself and I know how it feels when your host leaves you in dark for 12-24 hour or more by not responding to tickets.

If it is broke, cool, it happens and I can understand and I can do disaster planning. But if you tell me there is nothing wrong and you don't reply to my ticket for a day, I know something is up and that makes me want to say by by. Email me, too much work? Twitter update takes a minute or 2. Regular update helps me to know what is going on, like @FRCorey did.

A forum is meant for open communication unless you state otherwise in bold words. But then, it is your house and you get to make the rules and either let me stay after I complain and try to fix the broken roof cause water drops when I sit on the couch or kick me out and let the next tenant suffer :P

• NexusNexus Member

Only depends if a lot of customers or people would use it, if not no. If yes, then it would be a major plus. If no, it'll look dead and make your company look even worse imo.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS I've got an idea for you. Why don't we create a forum dedicated to AutoBoot?

• @dominicl said: @DewlanceVPS I've got an idea for you. Why don't we create a forum dedicated to AutoBoot?

http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=102812

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@dominicl said: I've got an idea for you. Why don't we create a forum dedicated to AutoBoot?

If I will create a dedicated forum for AutoBoot then you will help me to make this more popular?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said: If I will create a dedicated forum for AutoBoot then you will help me to make this more popular?

I'll help you if you also develop DeceptiCron.