Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X3host.com offer 8GB Ram @ $48 /year & 2GB Ram @ $7 /mo (Phoenix, Newyork, Kansas) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X3host.com offer 8GB Ram @ $48 /year & 2GB Ram @ $7 /mo (Phoenix, Newyork, Kansas)

Comments

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:

I'd like @AaronW to inform you there is only 2 disk bays. 2x2TB means there is two 2 Terabyte drive. 2 disks you cannot run RAID10

You win the battle then we have only 2TB SSD for usage and other 2tb ready to replace the default one if they failed so wholesaleinternet not gave 4 disks as i thought ^^

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@x3host said:

@raindog308 said:

@x3host said:
    2 × 2TB SSD = 4 DISKS

Two 2TB disks = 2 DISKS.

It's a preconfigured server, I just answered because we have another server from another DC in new york, that gave use 3×2 TB disks

So you either use RAID 1 on 2 disk and oversell by double

Or you run RAID 0 and still oversell slightly

It's a preconfigured server you can ask wholesaleinternet they don't gave us information like that when we purchase a server from them but it looks like we have only 2 disks not 4 like what we expected

Thanks @OpticalSwoosh for explaining something important like this for us. until today we think the server has 4 disks . i know you are right now because our solusvm control panel shows only 2tb we thought we have a problem with other disks ^^

• 2TB? No RAID?

Means you can only run 6 VPSes without overselling? Id recommend you hire a system admin

Thanked by 1x3host
  • You would only utilise 48GB of RAM without overselling

Thanked by 1x3host
  • How do you not know what hardware you've paid for? That's kind of worrying.

Thanked by 3raindog308 KamA yomero
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:
    2TB? No RAID?

Means you can only run 6 VPSes without overselling? Id recommend you hire a system admin

The server not used until today no clients on it, i'm going to ask wholesaleinternet support if these disks has raid or not

• @x3host said:
    Thanks @OpticalSwoosh for explaining something important like this for us. until today we think the server has 4 disks . i know you are right now because our solusvm control panel shows only 2tb we thought we have a problem with other disks ^^

Not sure if one should laugh or to cry (and pity) when reading this.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

@x3host said:
    It's a preconfigured server you can ask wholesaleinternet they don't gave us information like that when we purchase a server from them but it looks like we have only 2 disks not 4 like what we expected

I cannot facepalm enough.

You should not host anything but your own pet photos...

Please stop playing being a host. Do not rebrand again.

JUST STOP!

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    How do you not know what hardware you've paid for? That's kind of worrying.

I know what i paid for the servers on phoenix and newyork because its not preconfigured , but the server on kansas we should ask the support there about these information

• @Amitz said:

@x3host said:

I cannot facepalm enough. You, sir, should not host anything but your own pet photos.

Hi amitz,

We don't have clients until now on this preconfigured server so don't worry
    all clients purchase virtual servers from newyork and phoenix only, you can check it yourself.

• @Amitz said:

@x3host said:

I cannot facepalm enough. You, sir, should not host anything but your own pet photos.

Host? Yeah, he should only host his pet photos on imgur.

Not on his own servers, though he's probably gonna lose them all, either way.

• @x3host said:

@Amitz said:

@x3host said:

Hi amitz,

We don't have clients until now on this preconfigured server so don't worry
    all clients purchase virtual servers from newyork and phoenix only, you can check it yourself.

All clients? You mean, the only user called "test"?

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

That does not change the fact that you obviously have not much of an idea of what you are doing. But I remember from past threads that you are completely incapable of seing your own faults, so I just leave you here looking like a moron again.

• For anyone wondering as mr Mark Turner and Aaron Wensel have argued in the past these are OpenCompute servers with only enough space for 2 disks. They are very limited machine hence why they are preconfigured servers. Mark Turner did state they are not the best machines for servers to lease however they work.

I'd recommend personally speaking to Aaron if you require customisation

Thanked by 1x3host
  • HaxHax Member

Disks? Aren't they SSD? o.O

• @Sixell said:

For Kansas only yes.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @Sixell said:

Yes we have ssd on Kansas, but choosing this location un available now , we had to receive an answer from wholesaleinternet if they have raid on this server or not

Thanks

• @Amitz said:
    That does not change the fact that you obviously have not much of an idea of what you are doing. But I remember from past threads that you are completely incapable of seing your own faults, so I just leave you here looking like a moron again.

We know how to manage our company , thanks for your try

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@Sixell said:

For Kansas only yes.

Hi OpticalSwoosh ,

I received your p.m thank you for your help, :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

@x3host said:

@Amitz said:

Yes, that's obvious. 2x2TB = 4 disks in RAID-10. My ass.

• @Amitz said:

Yes, that's obvious.

This location is unavailable now for choose..

If you have any question please let me know

• @x3host said:

@Amitz said:

Yes clearly - thats why you are taking advantage of having native english speaking staff to communicate on a popular english language forum rather than humiliate yourself with miscommunication

• HaxHax Member

@x3host said:

@Sixell said:

Yes we have ssd on Kansas, but choosing this location un available now , we had to receive an answer from wholesaleinternet if they have raid on this server or not

Thanks

You can't check it by yourself? Wow.

You really need to hire a sysadmin.

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited August 2016

@mycosys said:

Yes clearly - thats why you are taking advantage of having native english speaking staff to communicate on a popular english language forum rather than humiliate yourself with miscommunication

English is not my first language and let serve providers around the world , we are trying to improve our skills in english by the time anyway thanks for your advice, i appreciate what are you trying to say

• Ok guy i've received an answer from Becca from wholesaleinternet

she say" We do not support Raid on preconfigured servies "

For this we have removed the kansas location from our offer

We still have 2 locations one in phoenix and other location in newyork

Thanks for everyone

• @x3host said:

@mycosys said:

English is not my first language and let serve providers around the world , we are trying to improve our skills in english by the time anyway thanks for your advice, i appreciate what you trying to say

The engrish is a clear symptom of a wider problem with your management style - you dont know how to recognise your weaknesses and use the resources available to you to compensate for your shortcomings. A good manager doesnt know how to do everything, they know how to make use of people who do

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You can still setup software RAID on your server

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:
    You can still setup software RAID on your server

Now, we have removed this location from our offer until we fix it

thanks @OpticalSwoosh you are nice guy

Thanks again for your help i appreciate it

We will contact you soon

• @mycosys said:

The engrish is a clear symptom of a wider problem with your management style - you dont know how to recognise your weaknesses and use the resources available to you to compensate for your shortcomings. A good manager doesnt know how to do everything, they know how to make use of people who do

English not Engrish
    Don't not dont
    doesn't not doesnt

Also we are posting only offers here if you want a support you will meet nice guys on our company john and michael they will help you

Thank you for your advise

• mycosysmycosys Member
    edited August 2016

@x3host said:

@mycosys said:

English not Engrish
    Don't not dont
    doesn't not doesnt

Also we are posting only offers here if you want a support you will meet nice guys on our company john and michael they will help you

Thank you for your advise

Your spelling is mostly OK, but your grammar, and particularly clause structure is woeful, and your structure obfuscates your meaning, and often changes it. This is coming form someone who worked right next to mainland Chinese and Vietnamese immigrants for years, one of our closest family friends works for Ericsson in China. I have the same difficulty in Dutch and somewhat Japanese, but i would not attempt to advertise in either.

I can post grammatical examples if you really wish, just in your shoes i would have run my posts past John or Michael to make sure they were clear and professional. What people see there is what they presume they will get.

(BTW this is something that they drum into us in engineering - all the skill and the best plans in the world are useless if you cant communicate it effectively with the client. They tell us it a lot to justify writing stupidly long reports XD0

Thanked by 1x3host