Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode Upgrades Hardware - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode Upgrades Hardware

2»

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Chan said: I'd much rather they have a $10 512Mb option lol

I think that would sell pretty well, they need something near $10. I'm sure they would grab sales like a rocket then

• @Patrick said: @Chan said: I'd much rather they have a $10 512Mb option lol

I think that would sell pretty well, they need something near $10. I'm sure they would grab sales like a rocket then

It's been stated several times by Linode that the entry price will remain at $20. They just aren't interested in the low price market.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

The bandwidth is also free incoming so that's like 4TB of transfer p/m on the $20 plan

• ChanChan Member

@sleddog said: It's been stated several times by Linode that the entry price will remain at $20. They just aren't interested in the low price market.

Shame really, I wouldn't mind jumping from DigitalOcean to Linode even if that means paying twice the price

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@sleddog said: They just aren't interested in the low price market

this is a good thing for the market of the small providers, lowering the bar will cause more deadpool imho

• ksecksec Member

Just read the interview on serverbear, still disappointed there is no SSD cache, surely with a large size SSD, the lifespan of it using as cache (swap) will be much longer even if you are on MLC.

I am still hoping for a 3x increase on memory.......

• @ksec said: I am still hoping for a 3x increase on memory.......

It will be 2x, I agree with the other people.

• @ksec said: Just read the interview on serverbear, still disappointed there is no SSD cache, surely with a large size SSD, the lifespan of it using as cache (swap) will be much longer even if you are on MLC.

I am still hoping for a 3x increase on memory.......

Then why are you still with them? If you are not happy with them, there are tonnes of LEB providers who charges less than a third of what they charge and offer awesome services too.

And I thought we are in LowEnd box LOL, no idea why people are so interested in Linode. I don't have anything against them, but just felt that this is probably not the best place to talk about them.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2013

@zhuanyi said: I don't have anything against them, but just felt that this is probably not the best place to talk about them.

Me neither, but is kinda.. one of the "leads" of the industry
    Isn't so expensive as others and... "it works!"
    So, that's why is important to know.