Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clients sign up for services they don't use! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clients sign up for services they don't use!

13»

Comments

• I have servers people have paid for and never installed!

• LeeLee Veteran

I have spare VPS I don't use, they have the os installed and I keep that up to date, they are all part of my DNS cluster though and an SSH key setup to my backup VPS. Anything bad happens I can quickly recover anything when I need to.

• LukeTLukeT Member

I have 13 VPS's will an assortment of hosts. 3 of them get used. The rest just sit with a fresh OS doing nothing :/ Too many good deals!

• innyainnya Member
    edited April 2013

It calls vpsholist addiction.

We order and use it for a few time and let it sit them in idle. when we remember, go do update or something and forget about them.
    It likes a hobby of buying vps addiction.
    ( I am in the same boat)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

o/

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited April 2013

I'll admit... I've had a few VPS's I've paid for and had no use for.

Hell, I paid for an Edis VPS for 3 months before I started using it...

• JTRJTR Member

@raindog308 said: "The Dark Lord of Flies appeared to me in a dream and told me to switch VPS providers."

Thanks! I just used a modified version of that one.

"The Dark Lord appeared to me in a dream and told me to switch VPS providers. It also burnt my bread."

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited April 2013

What do you expect for a buck or two per month. There's no financial urgency for the account owner to hurry up and use it.

• emreemre Member, LIR

Just VPS's?
    I've got 1 OVH bonus plan Paid yearly doing nothing,
    2 somewhere in the USA L5420 Boxes doing nothing. (they are sooo cheaappp ~~~. I can't resist.
    And tons of other stuff too.
    If I count now, I have got like 10Gbit/Sec of Bandwidth I can use at the moment.
    Anybody have some advice how to spend my boxes for something good ??

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited April 2013

@emre said: 2 somewhere in the USA L5420 Boxes doing nothing. (they are sooo cheaappp ~~~. I can't resist.

How much did you pay for them?

@emre said: Anybody have some advice how to spend my boxes for something good ??

You should lend me one.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@Infinity Can this thread be closed? I'm not sure why it keeps getting dug up every few weeks. Then people don't read the entire thread but think they need to post responses like:

@bdtech said: What do you expect for a buck or two per month. There's no financial urgency for the account owner to hurry up and use it.

• And while you're at it, close the Cest Pit. It keeps getting dug up too.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: @Infinity Can this thread be closed? I'm not sure why it keeps getting dug up every few weeks. Then people don't read the entire thread but think they need to post responses like:

I agree, done. ;)

@DStrout said: And while you're at it, close the Cest Pit. It keeps getting dug up too.

Can't tell if sarcasm or what, the Cess Pit was made to be dug up all the time for people to put their random crap into it, I don't think that'd what @Damian made this thread for.

This discussion has been closed.