Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Computing Business - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Computing Business

13»

Comments

• @doghouch said:
    @OpticalSwoosh I'll take your RaspPi B for €4 :o

If it's still available and not stolen by @theroyalstudent pls that's really cheap :P

Almost haha. I meant the zeros are £4

But sure if you want the old B sort out shipping (if you are UK I'll work something out) and it's yours. I got it for free only right to pass it on for free.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@doghouch said:

If it's still available and not stolen by @theroyalstudent pls that's really cheap :P

But sure if you want the old B sort out shipping (if you are UK I'll work something out) and it's yours. I got it for free only right to pass it on for free.

I'm in Canada, shipping might be expensive. I'll toss in whatever you need to send it over :P

Thanks though, will be a nice addition to my 3-Pi cluster :)

• @doghouch said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@doghouch said:

I'm in Canada, shipping might be expensive. I'll toss in whatever you need to send it over :P

Thanks though, will be a nice addition to my 3-Pi cluster :)

Shoot us a PM and I'll see what I can do ;)

• @theroyalstudent said:

Not gonna get any power sucking Atoms into my house, unfortunately. It's either an E3 server (gotta find the money to import it?) or Raspberry Pi(s).

E3 means I would be moving half my services back home, to make the power fees worth.

RPi(s) means low consumption of power, and power bills that don't cost a bomb.

Not a bad call - tho atoms have admittedly gotten a lot better. Have you thought of using a pentium? They are vastly more efficient for their capability and cheap as hell.
    Also - a hell of a lot of routers on open FW could manage what you seem to be asking.

• @doghouch said:

.-. wow. RPi stealing game too strong? im still pretty interested, just haven't got time to settle these stuff yet.

@mycosys said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Not gonna get any power sucking Atoms into my house, unfortunately. It's either an E3 server (gotta find the money to import it?) or Raspberry Pi(s).

E3 means I would be moving half my services back home, to make the power fees worth.

Not a bad call - tho atoms have admittedly gotten a lot better. Have you thought of using a pentium? They are vastly more efficient for their capability and cheap as hell.
    Also - a hell of a lot of routers on open FW could manage what you seem to be asking.

A school teacher passed me a TP-Link 872 AP which I broke within seconds by flashing OpenWRT. Argh, good hardware wasted. Fortunately it was decommissioned hardware so the both of us just laughed it off.

My ISP router sucks and I obviously cannot flash any FW since it's ISP issued and config is notoriously hard if I want to keep IPTV capability (I pay for this lol).

• @theroyalstudent said:

@doghouch said:

.-. wow. RPi stealing game too strong? im still pretty interested, just haven't got time to settle these stuff yet.

@mycosys said:

@theroyalstudent said:

A school teacher passed me a TP-Link 872 AP which I broke within seconds by flashing OpenWRT. Argh, good hardware wasted. Fortunately it was decommissioned hardware so the both of us just laughed it off.

My ISP router sucks and I obviously cannot flash any FW since it's ISP issued and config is notoriously hard if I want to keep IPTV capability (I pay for this lol).

If you want something more powerful like an Atom I'll send you a D2550/230 mini itx board. Again same process deal with shipping and it's yours.

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@doghouch said:

@mycosys said:

@theroyalstudent said:

If you want something more powerful like an Atom I'll send you a D2550/230 mini itx board. Again same process deal with shipping and it's yours.

How much for shipping to Singapore, Southeast Asia (no, it's not in China).

• That quote gradiant though.