Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is wrong with people these days, insight from a host perspective - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is wrong with people these days, insight from a host perspective

124»

Comments

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@lbft said: Wait, what? You spoke to a human at PayPal?!

No kidding. I am genuinely amazed!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yeah, I have spoken to some real "Computer said no" people in the past, this one spent about 20 minutes on the phone going through the whole thing in real time with me.

stunned but thankful.

• @AnthonySmith said: So new location is delayed but not gone, just waiting on IPv6 confirmation from someone.

+1! Looking forward to enjoying a network of 64MB boxes with you :D

• @AnthonySmith said: So new location is delayed but not gone, just waiting on IPv6 confirmation from someone.

Good news.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith

"Computer said no" people

Must be little Britains :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@lbft said: Wait, what? You spoke to a human at PayPal?!

What black magic is this?

There appears to be some kind of difference between the way Dutch PayPal support works, and the way it works in other countries. I've had to call PayPal for support twice so far, and in both cases I had an extremely helpful person on the other end of the line - in one case they technically broke their own regulations to help me out.

Even though I very much dislike PayPal for many many reasons, I do have to say that their Dutch phone support is outstanding, and probably better than any other Dutch phone support number I've ever talked to.

I'm really quite curious as to why non-Dutch people always have issues with PayPal support.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 I am not sure why I have had issues with them in the past but my theory is that it is essentially call centre mentality, they just want you off the phone and dont really want to make much effort for minimum wage.

In the past they shut me down in 10 seconds and in essence say that because I use paypal for a service I am not covered so they cant and wont help, which is fair enough I suppose I am not under any illusions that they should help.

I do think based on the fact that is probably without any doubt the most popular gateway for on-line service providers in the world they should grow/sack up and start offering some degree of protection, I would be happy to pay more per transaction for additional protection.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Oh yeah, you guys are in a country with laws that actually give a shit about consumers.

No wonder, now I am not so surprised...