Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Storage UNLIMITED - 70€/y - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon Storage UNLIMITED - 70€/y

2»

Comments

• @jarland said:
    Have it, like it, will renew. I backup one of my computers with it using this:
    https://www.arqbackup.com

This is fantastic, exactly what I need!

• @tr1cky said:

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

That's Japanese.

The Chinese version is still 5GB.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@cnbeining said:

@tr1cky said:

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

That's Japanese.

And how are download/upload speeds for you?

What I am unsure of is, if you open an amazon cloud drive account with US details, if you will only sync to their US servers or if it will choose the storage location based on something like latency.

When I signed up for amazon cloud drive back in the days when it wasn't available for German customers, I signed up with an US account and my download/upload speeds were very bad.

• @tr1cky said:

@cnbeining said:

@tr1cky said:

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

That's Japanese.

What I am unsure of is, if you open an amazon cloud drive account with US details, if you will only sync to their US servers or if it will choose the storage location based on something like latency.

When I signed up for amazon cloud drive back in the days when it wasn't available for German customers, I signed up with an US account and my download/upload speeds were very bad.

A while ago, I mounted using ACD with an account from Canada. The content always went back to their North America DC, even though I was mounting from europe which made speeds terrible.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Please excuse me for not doing my own research, because I am still in hospital with limited internet access, but what are the possible transfer protocols to use with that Amazon Drive space?

• adamlukadamluk Member
    edited July 2016

@ALinuxNinja said:

@tr1cky said:

@cnbeining said:

@tr1cky said:

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

That's Japanese.

A while ago, I mounted using ACD with an account from Canada. The content always went back to their North America DC, even though I was mounting from europe which made speeds terrible.

I've had the opposite experience, from Europe (for now lol) opened an Amazon US account recently to get the deal.

I've been getting my full 1.6MB/s when uploading. Impressed. That's incidentally with Arq as well.

Will test out download to see what speeds I can get.

• edited July 2016

1.6MB/s is generally not the fastest speed you can get, I have gotten up to ˜25MB/s from Atlanta -> Amazon Cloud Drive NA. Speeds sometimes differ, some day I get 10-12MB/s, I sometimes get 20MB/s

Chances are, it can go faster but I am on a shared gigabit switch.

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    1.6MB/s is generally not the fastest speed you can get, I have gotten up to ˜25MB/s from Atlanta -> Amazon Cloud Drive NA. Speeds sometimes differ, some day I get 10-12MB/s, I sometimes get 20MB/s

Chances are, it can go faster but I am on a shared gigabit switch.

I'm not insinuating it's the fastest speed you can get - just that it maxes out my upload, which incidentally I wish was a lot faster. I'm only slightly envious ;)

• isaraisara Member

@tr1cky said:

@cnbeining said:

@tr1cky said:

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

That's Japanese.

Well... Better than Google Drive in Japan, from Tokyo (KDDI 1G) to AWS tokyo, avg 3m/s uploading.

• edited July 2016

@Amitz said:
    Please excuse me for not doing my own research, because I am still in hospital with limited internet access, but what are the possible transfer protocols to use with that Amazon Drive space?

It can be mounted with acd_cli (FUSE).

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • BochiBochi Member

@Amitz said:

And they provide a very nice RESTful API (https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/experience/cloud-drive/) which should allow for powerful own applications.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @jarland said:

Are you still using Arq? Doesn't it have to scan through all of your hard drives every time it starts?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@camjac251 said:

@jarland said:

Are you still using Arq? Doesn't it have to scan through all of your hard drives every time it starts?

Yeah I am. Not sure about it doing that, I don't have much data and it happens when I sleep.