Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Storage UNLIMITED - 70€/y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon Storage UNLIMITED - 70€/y

So Amazon started offering "UNLIMITED" cloud storage for 70€/y. So far there is no FUP so you really can go for lots of TB.

Your opinion? Will storage summer hosts open now?

https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/home

Comments

• Didn't Microsoft try this and then renege?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jiggawattz said:
    Didn't Microsoft try this and then renege?

Dont know about microsofts approach but we all know there is no UNLIMITED.

• WHTWHT Member

Can that used for cpanel backup? I mean can I restore my accounts from there?

• @Ympker said:

Dont know about microsofts approach but we all know there is no UNLIMITED.

Well - it was really unlimited then M$ decided your idea is better

Some users had managed to occupy 80+ TB.....

• RodneyRodney Member

You can't upload files > 50 GB.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited July 2016

This is not news. What is new to me is that it is now available outside of US.

Thanked by 1louis_lau
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

But it was $5/month or $60/year https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/48012/amazon-cloud-drive-launches-unlimited-cloud-storage-5-per-month/p1
    and now 70 EUR ($78)? They are jacking up prices already, next thing you know they will introduce some limits to "unlimited".

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • HybridHybrid Member

@rm_ said:
    But it was $5/month or $60/year https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/48012/amazon-cloud-drive-launches-unlimited-cloud-storage-5-per-month/p1
    and now 70 EUR ($78)? They are jacking up prices already, next thing you know they will introduce some limits to "unlimited".

It still is $5 on the .com

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/home

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2016

This is old news. I have unlimited google drive storage for 8€/m and they have no problem with me hosting 10TB+ data on there.

When I tried amazon cloud drive, it was painfully slow. With Google Drive I can pretty much max out my 100mbps internet connection.

• WHTWHT Member

@tr1cky said:
    This is old news. I have unlimited google drive storage for 8€/m and they have no problem hosting 10TB+ data on there.

When I tried amazon cloud drive, it was painfully slow. With Google Drive I can pretty much max out my 100mbps internet connection.

Can google drive be used to backup cpanel server? I mean should I pay when I download/restore backups from there?

• @tr1cky said:
    This is old news. I have unlimited google drive storage for 8€/m and they have no problem with me hosting 10TB+ data on there.

What's your google drive plan?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tr1cky said: This is old news. I have unlimited google drive storage for 8€/m and they have no problem with me hosting 10TB+ data on there.

Now tell us what the bill will be when you graduate:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375123?hl=en

• NihimNihim Member

Is the amazon drive still limited to 4 connections / account?
    Also I wonder if it appearing "outside" the US means there are now servers for it outside the US.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited July 2016

@WHT said:
    Can google drive be used to backup cpanel server? I mean should I pay when I download/restore backups from there?

no cpanel data is unique and special and not like any other data on earth and therefor cannot be stored in any of the places you've asked about

cant believe you run a hosting biz, good grief

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Have it, like it, will renew. I backup one of my computers with it using this:
    https://www.arqbackup.com

Thanked by 2Kyn_DH Silvenga
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Have it, like it, will renew. I backup one of my computers with it using this: https://www.arqbackup.com

Backs up all your computers...

...well, as long as all your computers run Windows or OSX.

• BochiBochi Member

@Chronic said:
    This is not news. What is new to me is that it is now available outside of US.

Yeah, that's right.
    Managed to get myself a plan on the US site, but now you could officially get one directly connected to your EU account.
    The difference in price might be due to VAT beeing included.

• TionTion Member
    edited July 2016

@raindog308 said:
    Now tell us what the bill will be when you graduate:

8€/m is the Google Apps Unlimited price per User. He most likely shares this subscription with 4 others to get the unlimited storage. Downside is the guy who pays Google and collects from the rest gets to see and edit all the files.

@Bochi said:
    The difference in price might be due to VAT beeing included.

$59,99 = 53,67€ * 1,18 = 63,06€
    $59,99 = 53,67€ * 1,27 = 68,16€
    Thanked by 1raindog308
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited July 2016

on the last black friday, the price of amazon cloud drive unlimited plan only need $5/y (only first year though) :p

• @hotsnow said:
    on the last black friday, the price of amazon cloud drive unlimited plan only need $5/y (only first year though) :p

+1, that deal was great.

• cochoncochon Member

Can't find the deal on Amazon's UK site (maybe we're not popular after brexit).

Not speaking German what does the DE site say about limitations, the equivalent of the US 'There may be limits on the types of content you can store and share using the Service, such as file types we don't support'

• TionTion Member

@cochon said:
    Not speaking German what does the DE site say about limitations, the equivalent of the US 'There may be limits on the types of content you can store and share using the Service, such as file types we don't support'

Same restrictions.

Thanked by 1cochon
  • cochoncochon Member

@Tion said: Same restrictions.

Thanks, I've been using hubic for the past year or so for archiving and backups. In the past couple of months hubic has become horribly unreliable for uploading files around or over 1GB, but I'm still wary about using Amazon as an alternative with these arbitrary restrictions hanging over the data

• cochon said: Can't find the deal on Amazon's UK site (maybe we're not popular after brexit).

I know Amazon US have done this for at least a year or two, Germany obviously just got the same. I believe they were planning to expand to the UK as I asked a couple of months ago but who knows after that political fireball.

Thanked by 1cochon
  • any information that this storage can handle streaming?

• @mgilang said:
    any information that this storage can handle streaming?

It can handle it. If mounted over acd_cli maybe 4 parallel streams before it gets too slow.

• Amazon.com (not .de) offer the same thing at $59.99 lol...

• isaraisara Member

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@isara said:

My Amazon Cloud Drive.

China-Edition?

Thanked by 1netomx