Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU and Disk "overselling" (not really) in Xen? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU and Disk "overselling" (not really) in Xen?

13»

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Who said anything about Xen? And just because it doesn't say Xen on the website doesn't mean it won't be Xen. If you try to order anything or do anything on BetterVPS.com you'll see it isn't launched yet.

• @Dragoon0309 said: I think the funniest part is @Shovenose in his signature says he owns bettervps, which supposedly sells Xen plans.

I still think the funniest part is that he claims to be the "CEO" of those two "companies". :)

• @shovenose said: Who said anything about Xen? And just because it doesn't say Xen on the website doesn't mean it won't be Xen. If you try to order anything or do anything on BetterVPS.com you'll see it isn't launched yet.

This is even worse because you seem to prepare offers with "Guaranteed Resources" and at the same time look for a way to oversell CPU. Sorry, but I just can't take you serious.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

BetterVPS.com
    Managed Service

BetterVPS Managed Service overview:
    1. customer opens support ticket requesting xyz
    2. Shove posts thread on LET asking how to implement xyz
    3. LET community gives Shove step by step instructions on how to implement xyz
    4. Shove completes support request, closes ticket

1. ???
    2. Shovenose profits.
  • support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

@DomainBop said: BetterVPS Managed Service overview:

1. customer opens support ticket requesting xyz
    2. Shove posts thread on LET asking how to implement xyz
    3. LET community gives Shove step by step instructions on how to implement xyz
    4. Shove completes support request, closes ticket

@DomainBop very true

• in xen you can allocate / oversell the cpus eg you could create 32 domu's on 16 cores, however if the cpu is actually used then inside the domu you will see 'steal' time occuring, this is when another domu is stealing cpu power from the domu you are looking at (eg the cpu's are contending) .

• @ifastnet said: you will see 'steal' time occuring,

Ohhh, I remember this one. Is a way to know if the node is getting a cpu bottleneck

Guys, forget about it :) I'll just use OpenVZ it is no problem.

• @shovenose said: Guys, forget about it :) I'll just use OpenVZ it is no problem.

I'd strongly advise not asking these kind of questions here if you want to retain some kind of credibility. Maybe make an alternative account on a different forum where you can ask these questions.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You might want to ask these guys - they have 20+ years of experience in the hosting biz.

http://tinyurl.com/clyw8tx

• @raindog308 said: You might want to ask these guys - they have 20+ years of experience in the hosting biz.

LOL!

edited March 2013

@ShardHost said: I'd strongly advise not asking these kind of questions here if you want to retain some kind of credibility. Maybe make an alternative account on a different forum where you can ask these questions.

+1
    @shovenose get another username if you want to ask questions like this.or people will make fun of you

edited March 2013

@mpkossen said: @raindog308 said: You might want to ask these guys - they have 20+ years of experience in the hosting biz.

haha you caught him

ShoveHost is staffed by industry experts with more than two decades of combined industry experience. We are based in Marin County, California.

He must have told about DC people where he rent the servers :)

• haha 20 yrs lol thats alot of smoke

• Shovehost has zero credibility on LET to be honest. Just look at all the discussions @shovenose has posted. How to build and manage a web hosting company for dummies!

• @titanicsaled I agree with you.

Thanked by 1matheny
  • ShoveHost is staffed by industry experts with more than two decades of combined industry experience.

Which could be 20 dudes with 1 year of hosting experience each... :)

• @George_Fusioned said: Which could be 20 dudes with 1 year of hosting experience each... :)

lol ,He does not have 20 member staff

21/3=7

• @shovenose said: 21/3=7

so you have staff of 3 with 7 years experience?

Approximately that would be a yes.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose

As with OpenVZ, KVM, VMware you can allocate the same cores to multiple VPS's on Xen and Xen handles this better than any of the others.

If you want more clarity on this just PM me I have been using Xen for years.

• Same question, 2 months ago: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7342/xen-cpu-core-sharing

Back then it was:

I want to start providing Xen VPS.

Now it's:

ShoveHost will never offer Xen VPS and always just OpenVZ VPS.

• I wouldn't really say that OpenVZ has a bad reputation; it's more widely used then Xen is.

• @George_Fusioned shovenose has a kinda unstable thinking.He executes 20% of his plans. JK :)