Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My review on WholeSaleInternet... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My review on WholeSaleInternet...

2»

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I used them once last year, I got one of the Atoms at $10 per month

The ticket replies were extremely fast from what I remember. I didn't have any real issues though, just a question about the server.

Perhaps their support is fast but not helpful?

• @ManofServer said:
    Ahh the ancient art of Necromancy

I totally fell for it somehow. :(

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2016

@foreverman said:

@Microlinux said:

@foreverman said:
    glad I'm not from US... people are crazy there

When you don't have any substance, hurl insults.

Thats right... say what you want... dont care anyways

It's like saying the dollar store will sell me an official Apple cable. Now I'm not saying that there might be a good product here and there. It's just that you know what you're getting yourself into. Sometimes, you won't get the level of quality that you expect, and sometimes, it will exceed it.

tl;de both of you guys are right, but it's like saying the dollar store has a history of selling high quality products. Maybe once in a while, but not always. The same thing goes with servers and providers. :)

• cheap and powerful.

• @laughingchan said:
    cheap and powerful.

You are the master of necromancy.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • If you want to do something mission critical, you should use managed dedicated server with SLA guarantee.

Oh, WholeSalesInternet also have SLA compensation but that is just a joke :P (you get 1/30 of the server fee if your server is down for 1 whole day)

• I used them for many years (WSI/NOCIX) and I ran production stuff on the servers I rented. No problems except the occasional outages, but that wasn't a problem for me. I had oversight with it ;)

I've cancelled most of my services with them now, though. I'm only running some cheap ones that I just can't let go mainly due to the price. Plus, I've had zero issues with those boxes. It's amazing the torture they go through daily and they still work fine so far, hehe.

• @k0nsl I totally agree.

• k0nsl said: I've cancelled most of my services with them now, though. I'm only running some cheap ones that I just can't let go mainly due to the price. Plus, I've had zero issues with those boxes. It's amazing the torture they go through daily and they still work fine so far, hehe.

Same for me. I do run a couple of cheap servers for production needs, having those services mirrored and properly backed up daily. Not even a single serious issue, thought , till now.
    Giving the money I would spend to rent half a server from a big "better" company, I rent 4 servers for the main and backup servers/vps in different locations. And the speed and connectivity is great for my needs, also. It all depends on your needs.

• jvnadr said: It all depends on your needs.