Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Required Dedicated Server for the Online Education Exam Software to handle 5K concurrent users - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Required Dedicated Server for the Online Education Exam Software to handle 5K concurrent users

2»

Comments

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@MiteshGanatra said:

@bacloud said:
    First of all, no one in this work can't guarantee 100% uptime. If they telling that they do - they simply lie.

I recommend to increase RAM and change HDD's to SSD's in RAID10. Not sure about CPU loads, you can tell us more of you manage this server.

I see, however 100% uptime SLA will work out and numerous organizations guarantee to give what it is mentioned in their SLA.

LOL, and you definitely believe? If I send you an email from reputable bank with title "You won 100 millions" and you believe in that? Network hardware can;t guarantee 100%, it is 99.999 or more, but it is still no 100%. Please back to the real world.

• NomadNomad Member

Unless you optimize your server, web server and your own software you'll always run into same kind of issues.

Also no one gives 100% and 99.9% is not equal to 100%.

Go check Softlayer or FDC or whatever if you wany higher SLA and better connection guarantees.

Also with only 1 server its hard to get 100% uptime with no problems.

Thanked by 1MiteshGanatra
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2016

I would recommend to you to choose a reputable managed provider such as LiquidWeb and say Goodbye to your worries. Those guys are awesome and they will do anything to offeryou exactly what you need. Btw. they also use Cloudflare CDN by default on their vps.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Should you need to hire someone to take care of your high-traffic server, hit me up @ Skype.

Been dealing with 10k/s queries and such.

• mandarkmandark Member
    edited July 2016

5K concurrent users? And you want your interpreted PHP to serve that with one (dedicated) server? Mark my word boss, you need to scale horizontally. To start off, better get several server and load balance between them and cache as much as possible.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Unbelievable how there is not a law against hosting college/university (!) exams on a kimsufi. 100% SLA are not enough for something as important exams. You need multiple servers in multiple datacenters and failover-everything with 1000% SLA. At the very least a professional B2B solution. Don't you have any datacenter in India that caters to your needs?

• @MiteshGanatra said:

@HostPace said:
    You would want to have a load-balancing servers. Load Balancers manage online traffic by distributing workloads across multiple servers and resources on demand. They maximize your workload performance and help prevent overload to help give your users a seamless experience. I would recommend HAProxy configuration with at least 2 servers to accommodate it.

Thanks mate. That's what I was looking for to load-balance the servers beginning with three 8 Gigs of servers and will expand the RAMs as it requires in the future. I just PMed you, please revert me back with your suggestions to consider.

Definitely we can help you out setting up a load-balancing servers. Just PMed you.

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

If Moldova is Ok for the location than you can try our Cloud Servers.

• ZodzZodz Member
    edited July 2016

Hello, I can provide a load balancing server. Load balancing includes running your app db's as a Percona Xtradb Cluster (2+ servers for database replication) for Mysql to guarantee fail-proofing. I also have the servers required to run your software. Please contact me for monthly rate.