Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanishing LEB offer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanishing LEB offer?

DStroutDStrout Member
edited March 2013 in General

What happened to the EndofReality offer that was on LEB for a while? It's gone for no apparent reason, for me.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

Impossibru, it happens from time to time when moderators miss something, or the provider can even pull the offer.

• I think it is still there, well at least my VPS is still active.

• Oh, yeah, I picked one up and the VPS is still online, but the offer is no longer shown for sale on LEB.

• Anyone know which locations of theirs have vswap / .32?

• There was one around 1PM Central

• @vedran said: Or there was another one after that?

There was one with a $5 2GB one

• @vedran said: Or there was another one after that?

There was. It was similar - $5/month as opposed to $15/quarter - but it was today, more recent than the Leaseweb offer.

• Yeah I saw it minutes ago and then it disappeared.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

The same thing happened to the $15/quarter offer, a few weeks ago I was trying to look for it but I went to older posts and couldn't find it, also tried searching by location tags / using the search box. Google found it and I got the coupon and it still worked though, and now the old offer is apparently back now.

Seems like it's a bug rather than provider pulled it.

Edit: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/end-of-reality-15quarter-2gb-openvz-vps-in-dallas-buffalo-chicago/ doesn't work anymore...???

Edit2: BTW, coupon is lowendbox6 at https://billing.eoreality.net/cart.php -> VPS -> OpenVZ Enterprise VPS; still works.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

I thought I'd tried the link above, so I said to @perennate that it did work, but I was wrong. Two EOR offers that disappeared is weird - either a bug or an indecisive provider.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

nevermind

• http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/eoreality-net/ Now all their old posts are gone too

@texteditor said: http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/eoreality-net/ Now all their old posts are gone too

Yeah that's what happened last time too... but the coupon still worked then, and it seems to be still working now.

• The plot thickens

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

Now all their old posts are gone too

here ...currently banned

@DomainBop said: here ...currently banned

Any idea why?

• Just ordered one from them a little while ago. I wonder why there is no reference to them on LowEndBox anymore. I can't even locate there older offer.

I swear the website keeps fluctuating, there was a post after LeaseWeb showing, then LeaseWeb was first, then the other post came back, and now LeaseWeb is the latest one again.

edited March 2013

@Jack said: Probably Chris as another person.

Is this joking? I looked at thread but it seems like completely different "robby".

Edit: nevermind o_O guess they were actually talking about the same one; seems pretty weird though

• @Jack Probably Chris as another person.

No, they switched everything to UbiquityServers last month on short notice (google: endofreality.net ubiquityservers)

My favorite part was the $5 migration fee for moving openvz users data to their new servers:

OpenVZ VPS Servers - For all of our clients running our OpenVZ VPS services, we will be creating a new VPS server for you within the new infrastructure for which you will recieve a new welcome email. There will be an overlap period of 1 week where you can migrate all of your data to your new VPS, and your old VPS will remain online. We can also perform this migration for you for a one time cost of $5 USD.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8123/eor-server-move

edited March 2013

Well, I had ten days (with seven days overlap) to move the server files, so didn't seem too short notice; also wasn't really a problem for me because I have a setup script that I just copy and paste for all of my VPS.

@texteditor said: cloudshards offer pulled now too

Yep, that's the one I saw after LeaseWeb, couldn't remember the name. Seems unlikely that both would get randomly pulled at the same time, so I guess probably some kind of bug? Also the fact that End of Reality January offer disappeared once before as well.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

I noticed more than once that some failed offers/threads/post was removed lately. Most likely because administration decided that something isn't ok with offer or host and removed crap. I understand this but I am not sure if that's ok because LEB was always great source of informations. If something isn't ok... let it that way. We know to read. It's helpful also as future reference for people who like to dig, research, etc.. regarding some names from past, etc. Removing crap from LEB also means removing archived informations about potential crap.
    Just keep already posted things and offers the way they are because everything else make just harder for community to make research abour names in future. Posted failures in connection with new names was often helpful for many of us later. Lets keep them for publich archives atleast.

(That's not a complain, neither directly EoR related. Just suggestion to keep LEB still useful for research the way it always was.)

• @Liam said: Hi Guys,

I know i'm hijacking this thread, but seriously @Joel is a joke. He obviously doesn't have the time/isn't capeable of managing LEB/LET. I know that there are issues due to which he doesn't have enough time for LEB but he should hand over control to someone who does.

• Heya,

I just wanted to jump in here and toss a word in, I even registered today just to spread some words on the this. I am a long time customer of EOR since their earliest game servers, to now the VPS servers they offer. In fact seeing EOR's recent offers on LEB (I heart LEB) is what brought me back to them. I've stayed in tune with EOR, and Robby even remembered me from when I rented game servers long ago. Anyways, I touched base today with their support staff about this and pointed it out to them, they were aware. Their response was "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, sadly we are aware of it and have reached out to LEB. Again we appreciate your time in coming to us and look forward to serving our loyal clients such as yourself for a long time to come.". From that, I can only gather that their offers are indeed valid and not taken off this site by EOR. Beings I'm a busy body I did some digging because I am a bored programmer at work, I know they recently migrated all customers (inclunding myself, which they moved 100% without issue) and after the migration they were on a completely different provider. Their previous one being COLOCrossing and then noticed my game server had also been moved from COLO. It looks like EOR and Colo are no longer doing business together. It was around that time I noticed that all of their post were removed from this site. I can only guess colocrossing is upset at EOR for moving on? And thus wants to hurt them any way they can. I understand this is nothing more than speculation but going off of what's happened here and EOR's response to me, oh and the fact that LEB is ran by colocrossing... I'll bet top dollar colo is upset and trying to pull some indecent strings here to hurt a simple, legit VPS provider just trying to make it. If this is indeed true, that's some truly poor business on colo's part.

qwoody

• Don't know how we suddenly got caught in this fire. Sigh.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Unlimited popcorn
    Subject to reasonable consumption
    $15/year
    Order now

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@qwoody said: I'll bet top dollar colo is upset and trying to pull some indecent strings here to hurt a simple, legit VPS provider just trying to make it.

I honestly hope that this is not the case because such influence by any host over this community would have terrible impact for credibility of those pages and whole community as such. I am not sure if this community would be still the same. Maybe there's nothing like that so lets wait a bit for potential explanation.

This discussion has been closed.